Booking: Is the whole week released at once for the 11 and 7 month booking window?

Straulin

Mouseketeer
We joined DVC this year and were able to get a split stay for Fall break at 4 months out. Now I am getting ready to book our home resort for fall break next year. It appeared last night,on November 1st, that I could book for the whole week of October 1-October 8th. Is that how it works or do I have to wait for my last day of the trip to be within 11 months?

I actually need the week of October 8th-15th so didn’t try to book yet. Going for BCV 1br during food and wine festival so I wanted to be sure to book early.

Once the first day of your trip is available, you can book the whole week, if all the days are available. Usually not an issue at 11 months, but sometimes at 7 there can be a "hole" in the middle of the week. Very frustrating

Once the first day of your trip is available, you can book the whole week, if all the days are available. Usually not an issue at 11 months, but sometimes at 7 there can be a "hole" in the middle of the week. Very frustrating
Good to know. I will have to set a reminder for the 8th!

We joined DVC this year and were able to get a split stay for Fall break at 4 months out. Now I am getting ready to book our home resort for fall break next year. It appeared last night,on November 1st, that I could book for the whole week of October 1-October 8th. Is that how it works or do I have to wait for my last day of the trip to be within 11 months?

I actually need the week of October 8th-15th so didn’t try to book yet. Going for BCV 1br during food and wine festival so I wanted to be sure to book early.

I noticed that you said that you checked at night... Just to clarify, your window would open on November 8th at 8am Eastern time. If it's a popular time and a popular resort, it may be worth it for you to log on a few minutes before.

The home resort booking window opens for online registration at 8 a.m. eastern exacty 11 months out from day of arrival. MS and the phone lines do not open for taking reservations until 9 a.m. and for some rooms at some of the resorts that can be too late to get the room.

At exactly 11 months out from arrival date, you can book up to seven nights at your home resort. The original reservation rule that was in place for many years actually required you to book 11-months out from your day of departure from WDW, but that was changed years ago. Note if you need more than 7 nights, you can book 7 nights exactly 11 months out, and then add days thereafter by modifying your reservation online or via contacting MS.

There are a number of rooms that tend to disappear at exactly 8 a.m. at 11-months out, but as a BCV owner you will rarely have that issue. BCV studios have sometimes disappeared at exactly 11-months out during the first and second highest DVC demand times of the year, which are the first two weeks of Dec and Christmas week (particularly time around Dec 31), but even that does not happen every year. Moreover, 1BRs are usually the last to fill and, for the time you want, those are likely to still be open even at 10 months out.

You can also book a non-owned DVC resort for up to 7-nights at exactly 8 a.m. eastern at 7-months out from date of arrival. For that availability varies, and the most difficult period is during the high to extremely high DVC demand time of the year, which at WDW is late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, e.g., for the time you want the Epcot and MK DVC resorts can be difficult to get at 7-months out even for 1BRs.

Last edited:
I noticed that you said that you checked at night... Just to clarify, your window would open on November 8th at 8am Eastern time. If it's a popular time and a popular resort, it may be worth it for you to log on a few minutes before.
Good to know. I wasn’t sure what time they opened up in the morning.

The home resort booking window opens for online registration at 8 a.m. eastern exacty 11 months out from day of arrival. MS and the phone lines do not open for taking reservations until 9 a.m. and for some rooms at some of the resorts that can be too late to get the room.

At exactly 11 months out from arrival date, you can book up to seven nights at your home resort. The original reservation rule that was in place for many years actually required you to book 11-months out from your day of departure from WDW, but that was changed years ago. Note if you need more than 7 nights, you can book 7 nights exactly 11 months out, and then add days thereafter by modifying your reservation online or via contacting MS.

There are a number of rooms that tend to disappear at exactly 8 a.m. at 11-months out, but as a BCV owner you will rarely have that issue. BCV studios have sometimes disappeared at exactly 11-months out during the first and second highest DVC demand times of the year, which are the first two weeks of Dec and Christmas week (particularly time around Dec 31), but even that does not happen every year. Moreover, 1BRs are usually the last to fill and, for the time you want, those are likely to still be open even at 10 months out.

You can also book a non-owned DVC resort for up to 7-nights at exactly 8 a.m. eastern at 7-months out from date of arrival. For that availability varies, and the most difficult period is during the high to extremely high DVC demand time of the year, which at WDW is late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, e.g., for the time you want the Epcot and MK DVC resorts can be difficult to get at 7-months out even for 1BRs.
Yes, I wanted to be sure to book as soon as possible, just in case. I just have to hope the kids school schedules fall break the same week next year as they haven’t released the calendar yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter