Booking issues on WDW website?

debdebdebby13

Mouseketeer
Am I beating a dead horse? I don't know if anyone has asked about this but I didn't see anything on the first couple of pages.

I am looking at dates in December and it is showing every date at every resort except 1 is unavailable. This is during low season so I'm pretty doubtful that every resort is full. I tried with room only...nothing, package...nothing, special...nothing.

If I search in January/February it is working like normal and it is just as low a season. So is it a glitch or are there really no rooms available during early December???

I am very worried that our trip in December is going to be wall to wall

Touring Plans has early December at mostly 4s and 5s out of 10...I am confused. We've been during times with similar ratings and it was fine and booked both of those about 2 months out, just like we would right now.

I am very worried that our trip in December is going to be wall to wall

Touring Plans has early December at mostly 4s and 5s out of 10...I am confused. We've been during times with similar ratings and it was fine and booked both of those about 2 months out, just like we would right now.

That time frame has gotten extremely popular with on site guests. The last couple years there's been posts here on the DIS just like yours wondering why resorts are full.

The good thing is that WDW resort occupancy has very little affect on park crowds.

Has anyone had any luck booking the first week of December? I wanted to change my reservation and I can't believe there is no availability.

Most resorts for late fall and holiday season have been mostly full (if not entirely full) since spring. It's no longer a slow time. Been going the first week in December for the last 6 or so years and it's nothing like it was in 2011, etc. That said, something may open up if there are cancelations.

I'm looking at November 2018 and some deluxes don't have availability for standard rooms. So I'm not surprised this December is full already.

I'm looking at November 2018 and some deluxes don't have availability for standard rooms. So I'm not surprised this December is full already.
I booked contemporary a while ago so I guess I won't be messing with my reservation

Pop Warner rolls into town the first full week of December, and room blocks come out before then. Disney Value and Moderate resorts will be gone for Dec 1-10, 2017, and probably Nov 29-30 to Dec 8 2018. Usually if you get a confirmed reservation that will be the price you pay as discounts are iffy at best.

Len Testa (from Touring Plans) has confirmed there are issues with Disney's booking system right now. There are some problems where some bookings are reserving 2 rooms at a time. He's posted minor info here about it but he's still investigating the full details. It's all from the failed update over the summer.

1. An issue with Disney's reservation system that's incorrectly showing lower room availability. I'm told a summer update to the reservation system is causing 1 reservation request to reserve rooms at 2 separate resorts. That's causing the second resort to show artificially low occupancy. I was able to confirm this in person a couple of weeks ago.

Len Testa (from Touring Plans) has confirmed there are issues with Disney's booking system right now. There are some problems where some bookings are reserving 2 rooms at a time. He's posted minor info here about it but he's still investigating the full details. It's all from the failed update over the summer.

Ty for sharing. That would explain a lot.

I've been looking for over a month for a room at all star sports for dec 8th. We decided to add 2 extra days to our vacation but w a new grandson I don't want to have to move hotels. Haven't had any luck at all. I've been trying since march 2016 to get changed from sports to music for our code and still no luck but hopefully before we get there, something will open up. I'd upgrade to aofa but it's not open nor is the Coronado. My budget doesn't want to even upgrade to either of them but I would do it because they have a better atmosphere but no luck here and I look everyday.

Last edited:
I've been looking for over a month for a room at all star sports for dec 9th. We decided to add 2 extra days to our vacation but w a new grandson I don't want to have to move hotels. Haven't had any luck at all. I've been trying since march 2016 to get changed from sports to music for our code and still no luck but hopefully before we get there, something will open up. I'd upgrade to aofa but it's not open nor is the Coronado. My budget doesn't want to even upgrade to either of them but I would do it because they have a better atmosphere but no luck here and I look everyday.

Not sure if you need 1 day or 2 but All Star Sports dec 9-10 is available right now.

Also, while this does not address the wonkiness of the online reservation system, I will add that my touringplans.com alert sent an email just this morning that all of my dates in early December went up from 3s and 4s to 5s, 6s and 7s. Oh well.

Also, while this does not address the wonkiness of the online reservation system, I will add that my touringplans.com alert sent an email just this morning that all of my dates in early December went up from 3s and 4s to 5s, 6s and 7s. Oh well.
Yes, in addition to the info I posted above from Len, he stated that he would be sending out survey's to several agencies to inquire about rescheduling plans from their clients and reevaluating their crowd calendars. He published the info today.

Have you tried a TA that books a conference block? I booked at POP For early December with one. We did book far in advance though so I'm not sure what they have left. Their rooms from my understanding are taken out of Disneys inventory so the may have availability even if the Disney website doesn't show any. PM me if you have any questions

Sorry not sure why I typed Dec 9th it's the 8th I can't find. We need to add the 7th even though we won't be there tell after 1am lol and the 8th. There's been nothing pretty much except the deluxe for Friday night. I need two rooms and at $400 no thanks. Thanks for checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter