• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking through an agency..deal to good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VTHey are awesome - we just did 5 nights at yacht club through them at the rate is so good, I didn't book the Disney bounce back because this is better.

Well, tried to get a quote. Got assigned a TA but the email generated bounced (I received the bounce email). So I forwarded to the email address stated and to the general mailbox on Saturday. Nothing bounced messages but nobody tried contacting me back either. Sent a FB direct message a few hours ago...

Do the always take long to respond?

Well, tried to get a quote. Got assigned a TA but the email generated bounced (I received the bounce email). So I forwarded to the email address stated and to the general mailbox on Saturday. Nothing bounced messages but nobody tried contacting me back either. Sent a FB direct message a few hours ago...

Do the always take long to respond?
If it is the same agency, then I also had trouble getting a response from them when I used the general email. I got a reply that they had received my request for a quote, but a TA never got back to me. I finally, after waiting a few days, I emailed one of their TA's directly and they got right back to me. It shouldn't have taken that long nd the TA that finally replied said it was better to contact an agent directly.

If it is the same agency, then I also had trouble getting a response from them when I used the general email. I got a reply that they had received my request for a quote, but a TA never got back to me. I finally, after waiting a few days, I emailed one of their TA's directly and they got right back to me. It shouldn't have taken that long nd the TA that finally replied said it was better to contact an agent directly.
I had the same experience.

It's a Disboard rule that we are not permitted to say the name of the TA, nor PM it, nor give any clues on how to find them by googling. The only thing I have seen that doesn't get censored is the statement that they offer agency exclusive discounts (which I can attest is true - and that they are lower than any WDW direct offers, including AP rates). I can tell you that a long time ago I found this TA through a combination of combing through old threads and just a tiny bit of googling. It really wasn't that difficult.

I thought it was ok to say the name of TAs, so long as a link to the TA website was provided?

I used the "request a quote" form on the website and a TA contacted me within 24 hours. We e-mailed back and worth and set up a time to speak on the phone in the evening. After I booked anytime I contacted her I had a response in less than 24 hours. did not contact her on the weekends.

Just noticed rates through April 2018 are available, need to go request a quote.

Hello..I just received a quote for a trip in March. The quote was given through an Travel Agency, which Ive never used before. How do I know if they are legit or not? I **think** they are a preferred agency, but I cant find any YELP reviews on them. Not sure if Im allowed to post the name of them, again I think they are used on here alot.

Thanks
Steph
I use a travel agency that offers sizable discounts (better than via WDW). They are completely legit but I can't name them on Dis. They get the deals by booking blocks of rooms at convention rates and passing the savings on to clients. They're great to work with, in my experience.

So, do you get the discount only on the room or does this TA offer discounted dining and tickets?

So, do you get the discount only on the room or does this TA offer discounted dining and tickets?
I think dining plans are the same price. The multi-day convention park tickets currently include a bonus water park day.

Reactions: GCM
As PP mentioned:
  • The TA is legit. Many on DIS (including me!) have been using them for years. They provide you with a Disney reservation number that you can link in MDE. Payments are made directly to WDW, not to the TA.
  • They get exclusive rates because they book blocks of rooms at certain WDW hotels during certain periods. The best deals are for Labor Day. Other periods don't have as deep of discount.
  • Not all rooms/dates/resorts are included in the offers. Usually only standard category is available.
  • You can book room only or room with tickets.
  • Some of the offers do not allow adding DDP.
  • Discounted tickets are available, but they are convention tickets with different rules than regular tickets. For example, they absolutely cannot be modified once you arrive and they are non-upgradable. Any changes have to be made in advance through the TA. They cannot be upgraded to APs.
  • DISboards are owned by a Travel Agency and as part of their rules you cannot name the agency in a post nor by PM on the DISboards. You have to find them by doing a Google search.

Since this thread has basically turned into an ad for a banned business, I'm going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter