Boomertowne...

What is this exactly ?
It is an online community that is geared towards the Baby Boomer generation. But, anyone is welcome. You earn points by doing things like making friend requests, playing games, rating articles or posting on the discussion boards. You can earn 1500 points a day(which is fairly easy to do). Then you can redeem the points for gift cards or prizes(playstation 3, digital camera, lcd tv, etc). If you can earn 1500 points a day, it takes a little more than 8 days to earn the lowest prize($25 gift card to Target or Best Buy). Oh, and there is a dating service too. But, if you aren't interested, you don't have to sign up for that.

There's some pretty interesting things on boomertowne. I've looked up some medical things and play some of the games. Plus the jokes & recipes are pretty good.

I redeemed this am for a $25 Target card. I don't mind waiting 6 to 8 weeks but I do hope it comes!

I redeemed this am for a $25 Target card. I don't mind waiting 6 to 8 weeks but I do hope it comes!

I agree. I don't mind waiting. I just hope they come. But I am definitley not putting the time netwinner took. So I will not be as PISSED if they don't stay honest as well.

Boomertowne is actually really interesting.

I am excited, I cannot deciede if I am cashing out now for Target or waiting for the $50 visa cards.....

I am excited, I cannot deciede if I am cashing out now for Target or waiting for the $50 visa cards.....

Personally, I'd cash out now just because I worry about those kinds of things. And I did cashout on Sunday for the Target card lol.

Personally, I'd cash out now just because I worry about those kinds of things. And I did cashout on Sunday for the Target card lol.

Yeah, I agree. I feel kinda burned by Netwinner. So, I'm not taking any chances. I figure the first one cashout is a trial run. If I get that first gift card within 6-8 weeks, then I'll probably save up my points for the something bigger. Has anybody learned the terms of the Visa Card? Can it be used anywhere? Is it like a gift card?

Did you all get the email about the points changes? I cashed out this am for my Target gift card!

I didn't check my email this morning and I can't check it from work. Can someone please copy/paste the email or just post the highlights?

It looks like it won't affect any of us! Here it is:

BoomerTowne Points Prize Changes

Beginning June 1, points values for BoomerTowne Points prizes will increase. But the change won’t affect existing or new citizens who sign up before June 1. After June 1, existing BoomerTowne citizens will be able to continue redeeming points according to current prize values*. So make sure your friends and referrals sign up before the June changes take effect.

To view current prize values, click a link below:

Catalog For 10,000–49,999 BoomerTowne Points
Catalog For 50,000–99,999 BoomerTowne Points
Catalog For 100,000–199,999 BoomerTowne Points
Catalog For 200,000–299,999 BoomerTowne Points
Catalog For 300,000+ BoomerTowne Points

* Please note that as of June 1 the prize values displayed to logged out users will be the new, increased points amounts.

I've been wanting DH to sign up so I guess I better have him do it before June 1!

The points needed to get the prizes is going up on June 1. If you are already a member before June 1, your redemption values are staying the same. So there is no worry if you are already enjoying the site. For now anyway. I think NW should look at this and see it's how you run a site. Giving a notice and grandfathering people in. Boomertowne get a :thumbsup2 from me.

Breathing a deep sigh of relief here :worship: Honestly, I wouldn't have minded having to earn a few more pts for a $25 gift card but it's nice to know I won't have to worry! And yes, a much better way to run a business and a much nicer website, with or without points.

There is now!:rotfl2:

carmie3377
fourfoxesinpa
budbeerlady
murph76(murphnjamie)
belbook(vanyel)
wilsonfamily4
disneydreamin247
disneymom1980
luvhockey
llgray16(HayGan)
33kycha(Kycha)
karioc100(wisconsinmom)
firstfamilytrip
Sahmy(MommyBoo!)

I just sent you all friend requests under my other name - piglet-for-me

:cool1: Thanks!!

Hey everyone! :wave2:

I just joined and sent friend requests to all of you. I am miladymajor over there.

Thanks for this informative thread! Looking forward to earning a few gift cards in the future! :cool1:

WOO HOO! Just cashed out for the $50 Visa. I let you guys know how long it takes to get. Leaving for Disney in 3 1/2 months. Hopefully I can get a couple more $50 cards earned and received before we leave.

Carmie~I cashed out for my first gift card today too!!!

I'd like to see at least one more before we leave in October.

You can add me to the list. I can use some extra points/friends! My name is jgraney106 at Boomertowne.
:goodvibes
There is now!:rotfl2:

carmie3377
fourfoxesinpa
budbeerlady
murph76(murphnjamie)
belbook(vanyel)
wilsonfamily4
disneydreamin247
disneymom1980
luvhockey
llgray16(HayGan)
33kycha(Kycha)
karioc100(wisconsinmom)
firstfamilytrip
Sahmy(MommyBoo!)
piglet-for-me(cgcw)
Deb in VA - I don't know if this is Deb's user name on BT. I haven't been able to get it to come up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter