Bougie Birthday Trip - March 2021! *First update 10/9 x2!*

So, Molly and I had just arrived to Magic Kingdom to meet up with Su-Lynn (@chunkymonkey) and Steve and we were making our way down Main Street. We (or maybe it was mostly me) admired the castle a lot, it was finally starting to sink in that we were there! The castle was walk through was open so through the castle we went! Kind of novel to be able to do that, since a lot of the time the castle stage show blocks it. Some benefits to reduced entertainment!
I adore the mosaics in the castle walkway. There are some cool Hidden Mickeys there as well tributes to Imagineers.
Su-Lynn and Steve weren't in Magic Kingdom yet so I decided I wanted my first ride to be Haunted Mansion. Few rides encapsulate that Disney magic more, perfect first ride back!
We are definitely Disney twins! Haunted couldn't be a better choice for a first ride!
Rivers of America was looking like the perfect backdrop for a picture, and Steve kindly obliged. Gotta smile with your eyes, smyze!
Lovely picture of all three of you!
Su-Lynn and Steve were having dinner at the Grand Floridian so we said goodbye to them for the night. Molly really wanted to check out Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge so we hopped on a boat to check out their wait. Wilderness Lodge at night is so really transports you to a Northwestern lodge, I just love it!
My favourite resort on property!
It was a wonderful way to end the day, and those pot stickers were delicious! I’d never eaten dinner at Kona Cafe, so it was also nice to try something new. After our dinner I showered and went straight to bed, happy and exhausted.
Sounds like a perfect first day!

I’m so excited to text the Spanish phrase to Andi, she will think I am so smart :rotfl:
We love HM, did you feel it missed something without the stretching room, I did a little but in August when it was open, I didn’t like the crowded feeling so I think I like missing preshows!
We did mobile order from Ale and Compass at the YC and it is a nice option.
Excited to hear more!

Pre-Trip Report Updates!

I thought I'd talk about my upcoming December trip to Disney World, since it is the whole reason that I'm back on the Dis and finally sharing my March trip!

How did this trip come to be? Well, @disneyAndi14 reached out and invited me to join her on her December 1-7 trip when it looked like her regular travel partner, her daughter And, wouldn't be able to make the trip due to school. The dates matched up perfectly with my regular 8 day stretch off work (nurse perks!), and I still had an Annual Pass, and enough Southwest points for a round trip flight. Before I had officially decided to go, Caroline let me know that Andi worked it out with school and actually would be able to go on the trip! I was really happy that Andi could go after all, and all was not lost because @lesleywake will also be traveling at the same time and she invited me to crash on her couch in her Animal Kingdom Lodge villa! After the 50th festivities happened on the 1st I knew I wanted to make the trip happened so I immediately booked flights, and then I booked a Christmas party ticket, and then I booked a dessert party ticket...

Whew, that was a lot! In summary, here's the plans so far!:

December 2:

6 am flight on Southwest from MCI to MCO. I first booked a flight that got me into MCO at 9:30 pm, but then I changed my flight so I get into MCO at 9:30 am because I decided I needed more Disney time. Lesley gets in during the afternoon, and Caroline will have already been there a day!

Check in to
Animal Kingdom Lodge, my very favorite resort <3
51575482702_47a0e367d1_c.jpg

For the rest of the day I might just hang around the resort, or maybe I'll visit
Animal Kingdom or Disney Springs.
7:30 pm - Dinner at
Boma! Lesley had this ADR already booked, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't play into my decision to change my flight to an earlier one.

December 3:

Lesley and I have park reservations to Epcot, at some point we'll park hop to Magic Kingdom.

6:30 pm - 50th Fireworks Disney Enchantment Pre-party. Lesley also decided to book this, and I decided what better time to do my first dessert party? My dad thinks they're too expensive (and he isn't wrong), but I think it'll be nice to enjoy some desserts and alcohol, and watch the fireworks from a less crowded place. I'm not sure that my comfort level is ready for extreme crowds yet.
47992100216_4faaecc18b_c.jpg

9 pm-1 am:
Disney Very Merriest After Hours party! This was also way too expensive ($250, what even!), but I have no self-control and I'm most excited for Christmas stuff, so why not. Lesley, Caroline and Andi are all also attending this, and I can't wait!

December 4:

Park reservations to DHS! Later in the day we'll park hop to Epcot.

6:30 pm -
Space 220 ADR!

December 5:

Animal Kingdom
reservations

12:40 pm - most likely going to lunch at
Sanaa with Caroline and Andi. I'm not sure if Lesley has decided to do this meal or not.
51577212825_825e334cef_c.jpg

5:50 pm -
50th Anniversary dinner at California Grill

December 6:

Park reservations to Magic Kingdom

12:40 pm -
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch. This will be my first time at this restaurant and I'm EXTREMELY excited for the dessert.

December 7:

My flight leaves at 6:15 pm. I haven't booked a park reservation yet.
Technically, I don't work the 8th, so we'll see how much self-control I have. It is tempting to add one more day to the trip...

I don't have it planned anywhere, but I definitely am going to be taking the time to go see the resorts all decked out for the holidays. Honestly much more excited for the Christmas festivities than I am for the 50th celebration, though Kite Tails looks absolutely delightful! :rotfl:

OH MY GOSH!!!
Your report is really having me craving a trip! The Poly is my favorite place to stay. It is sooooo relaxing. I love all the transportation options. Those small boats to/from the MK were heaven...although since I now use a scooter they are not an option for me.
I also love visiting WL (I have yet to stay there),and it's grandeur is spectacular. I could sit in a rocking chair in its lobby all day long and people watch!
You did capture some beautiful pictures.
I can't wait to read/see more of this trip.

And wow! That December trip sounds AMAZING!

Lynn

I love all your plans! I’m excited for the party, Sanaa, and Space 220!
I want to check out the resorts with all the Christmas decorations!
Let’s hang out at AK, you can ride Everest with Andi, she won’t have to be alone for once!
I think we plan to do MK on the 7th, our flight doesn’t leave until 6:15pm as well! Maybe we should do lunch together that day!
I can’t believe the price of the Christmas party, crazy but we want to do it!

Sounds like your trip with Molly was off to a perfect start! I love how seamlessly lifelong friendships were forged from our Epic trip :) Disney just brings the most wonderful people together!

Your December trip plans sound amazing. You've included such awesome experiences (albeit expensive, darn Disney!) and it is shaping up to be incredible! My family will be there for Christmas and NYE this year, and my Mom and I were working on our plans over the weekend. Disney is the only area of my life where I'm like, ' who cares how much it is, I must do it!" :)

I adore the mosaics in the castle walkway. There are some cool Hidden Mickeys there as well tributes to Imagineers.

They're really so pretty. I actually didn't know that about Hidden Mickeys and tributes, definitely going to have to look a little closer next trip!

We are definitely Disney twins! Haunted couldn't be a better choice for a first ride!

We could start a trip with Haunted Mansion and then hunt down all the characters in MK. Sounds perfect!

Lovely picture of all three of you!

Thank you!
My favourite resort on property!

I really love it, but I've gotta give the edge to AKL. Wilderness Lodge is definitely a better area, and I love the option of boat transport, though.

Sounds like a perfect first day!

Really couldn't have asked for more after such a hard year+

I’m so excited to text the Spanish phrase to Andi, she will think I am so smart :rotfl:
We love HM, did you feel it missed something without the stretching room, I did a little but in August when it was open, I didn’t like the crowded feeling so I think I like missing preshows!
We did mobile order from Ale and Compass at the YC and it is a nice option.
Excited to hear more!

Oh no, did you text her? She's way better at Spanish, I'm probably wrong hahah

I actually forgot that they were just having guests walk through the stretching room! I definitely missed that preshow but I was grateful not to be crowded in the room or have the line slowed down due to reduced capacity in the stretching room.

I agree about mobile order for TS, I kind of hope they keep it. Is it even still available? I haven't been following news very closely.

OH MY GOSH!!!
Your report is really having me craving a trip! The Poly is my favorite place to stay. It is sooooo relaxing. I love all the transportation options. Those small boats to/from the MK were heaven...although since I now use a scooter they are not an option for me.
I also love visiting WL (I have yet to stay there),and it's grandeur is spectacular. I could sit in a rocking chair in its lobby all day long and people watch!
You did capture some beautiful pictures.
I can't wait to read/see more of this trip.

And wow! That December trip sounds AMAZING!

Lynn

Do you have any trips planned? The Poly is a fabulous place to stay, I think it's probably top 3 for me. I didn't realize the little boats aren't scooter accessible, how sad! They're the most relaxing way to travel.

I agree about Wilderness Lodge, it's truly impressive. I'm excited to see it at Christmas.

Thank youuuu, I'm looking forward to the December trip so much!

I love all your plans! I’m excited for the party, Sanaa, and Space 220!
I want to check out the resorts with all the Christmas decorations!
Let’s hang out at AK, you can ride Everest with Andi, she won’t have to be alone for once!
I think we plan to do MK on the 7th, our flight doesn’t leave until 6:15pm as well! Maybe we should do lunch together that day!
I can’t believe the price of the Christmas party, crazy but we want to do it!

I'm excited for all of it, I literally can't contain my excitement. I want to text you and Lesley constantly :rotfl:

I'm definitely going to be doing lots of resort hopping to check out the decorations, maybe we can coordinate on some + hotel bars.

Definitely down to hang out in AK, and I love riding Everest multiple times.

I'd like to do lunch on the last day! Do you have anything in mind?

I can't believe the price either, or that I bought it without hesitation.

Sounds like your trip with Molly was off to a perfect start! I love how seamlessly lifelong friendships were forged from our Epic trip :) Disney just brings the most wonderful people together!

Your December trip plans sound amazing. You've included such awesome experiences (albeit expensive, darn Disney!) and it is shaping up to be incredible! My family will be there for Christmas and NYE this year, and my Mom and I were working on our plans over the weekend. Disney is the only area of my life where I'm like, ' who cares how much it is, I must do it!" :)

I knowwww, I'm so grateful for that trip, I really hope we can repeat it sometime.

I'm so excited for the December trip I feel like that little kid in that old Disney commercial "I'm too excited to sleep!", even though it's 2 months way.

That sounds like an amazing trip! Where will you be staying? Are you doing a PTR, I want to know all your plans? I hope you do a TR, at least!

That sounds like an amazing trip! Where will you be staying? Are you doing a PTR, I want to know all your plans? I hope you do a TR, at least!
Christmas/New Year's Eve are my absolute favorite times to visit despite how crowded it can be. Just so magical!! :)

I'm not doing a PTR, but plan to do a TR after!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter