Boulangerie Patisserie

#1 Pocahontas

DIS Veteran
HI!

Does anyone know if any of the pastries at Boulangerie Patisserie in France count as a snack point? Probably not but just checking.

Thanks!

Not sure....but all of the pastries at Kringla bakery in Norway count as snack credits.

A friend just got back and said that they did. Even better.. she said that you can get a meal there as a CS credit. She got a sandwich, a pastry , and a drink for a cs credit.. yummy yummy. She went on her last day ( Monday) and said if she knew how good it was she would have eaten there before. I am planning to eat there at least once.

Thanks!

I hadn't thought to do a CS credit there. :)

Still wondering about the snack credit though. :confused3

I would call about it but you guys know so much more than I would ever find out by calling. LOL

During our Memorial weekend trip (5/25-5/30/06) they wouldn't allow us to use a Snack Credit unless it was a drink. We tried twice.

They did allow us to use a counterserive. You could get 2 sweeties (that's what the CM called the pastries :blush: ) and a drink or 1 salty and 1 sweetie and a drink.

I was a little disappointed since you could use credits at Kringla for a snack. But we just ended up using a CS credit.

Maybe it has changed since then, but I wouldn't count on it.

:sunny: ,
Katie

We had the same experience during our May trip. The bakery in France would only allow us to use snack credits on drinks. The bakery in Norway would allow us to use snack credits on any pastry. I think the pastries in Norway are better anyway!!!

My friend used a snack credit there. She got it on Sunday and saw that they had cs and went back on Monday. On Sunday she got a fruit tart type of thing ( she had no idea what it was called).

MamaKate said:
During our Memorial weekend trip (5/25-5/30/06) they wouldn't allow us to use a Snack Credit unless it was a drink. We tried twice.

They did allow us to use a counterserive. You could get 2 sweeties (that's what the CM called the pastries :blush: ) and a drink or 1 salty and 1 sweetie and a drink.

I was a little disappointed since you could use credits at Kringla for a snack. But we just ended up using a CS credit.

Maybe it has changed since then, but I wouldn't count on it.

:sunny: ,
Katie

We had the same experience on our May trip (21st-28th). Another thing about the French bakery is that they allow only a med drink while the Norwegian Bakery allowed a large drink. For a CS in Norway we got a cup of soup with a sandwich, any pastry, and a large drink. In France we were allowed a savory pastry (or fruit/cheese plate), any pastry, and med drink. Both places were delicious though. Snacks in Norway were any pastry or large drink whereas a snack in France was only a med drink (no pastries).

Chloesmom said:
My friend used a snack credit there. She got it on Sunday and saw that they had cs and went back on Monday. On Sunday she got a fruit tart type of thing ( she had no idea what it was called).

Well France either starting letting people use snack credits or your friend just got a friendly CM who wasn't trained on the DP.

I'm going to give it another shot during our November trip, but if we're unable to get a snack in France, we have plenty of other delicious options to choose from :goodvibes .

Although I've been a big fan of the Boulangerie pastry shop in France, unless they change their policies on the dining plan, they're going to lose not only my business, but I'm guessing alot of other people's business to Norway. And unfortunately for them, unless they change really soon, they may permanently lose business as people who were formerly loyal Boulangerie pastry customers stick with the Norway pastry shop. Lots of people share jjatwdw's opinion that Norway's pastries are better-and I don't mind finding out!

I think I will try to use a SC and if I can't then I will just pay for it. I can't remember if I have ever had a pastry from Norway or not. I remember going there and looking but don't remember tasting. LOL That would maka a great use of a sc though. :thumbsup2

I can't pass up a Napoleon form France. They are the best I have ever had. I quit ordering them around here because they don't taste anything like the Epcot ones. The Ham and Cheese Quiche is excellent also.

O.K. I am really craving one now. :crazy:

I tried getting any pastry as a snack credit last Tuesday and was told (in not so friendly terms) ONLY drinks for snack credit. Gotta agree...pastries are great but their cold, unfriendly customer service has finally got to me. I will not be returning no matter how great their pastry may be! This was my third consecutive poor customer service experience and the "only drink" on the DDP attitude put me over the edge. This is the most unfriendly little place in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter