• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulder Ridge villas room

mjlass11

Mouseketeer
We're going to be staying in a 2BR villa. I was hoping to get a room on a higher floor with a view of MK fireworks and the water parade. Are these possible from Boulder Ridge rooms? Thanks in advance

We're going to be staying in a 2BR villa. I was hoping to get a room on a higher floor with a view of MK fireworks and the water parade. Are these possible from Boulder Ridge rooms? Thanks in advance
Not really. BRV is behind and to the side of WL. The water parade is loud, so you'll be able to hear it, but the pool and trees may block it. You can always head over to the boat dock to watch.

There are not any fireworks views at BRV, you might see a few of the very highest ones, but most are blocked by the main WL resort or trees as Deb & Bill posted above. It's still a great resort, we have owned there for about 15 years.

We stayed on the 5th floor and we could just see the tops of some of the highest MK fireworks. We could see most of the water parade and it is very loud. The views from the 5th floor lake side our very beautiful and well worth the extra time/distance. My profile picture is the morning view from our room.

Having stayed at VWL a couple of dozen times over the past 15 years (it's my home resort), I can unequivocally state that on the lake side seeing fireworks and EWP is possible, especially the latter now that the cabins have been put in. I do agree, however, that at best, you will only see the higher explosions from the fireworks. And, you'll have to crane out a bit to even catch those. Still, it is possible as I have recorded said fireworks from a lake side room at least three times over the years and from as low as floor 3. As for EWP, many of the rooms allow for quite good views of it. Again, it all depends on your actual location--the closer to the main Lodge you are the easier it will be to see EWP as a general rule. Certainly, the higher you are adds another aspect, as well. In short, while I wouldn't expect to see great views of either fireworks or EWP, if you are on a higher floor on the lake view side of VWL, you might catch glimpses of the former and a great deal of the latter.

As others suggested, the Geyser Point area offers some fairly good views, and they pipe in the music. On my last trip just three weeks ago, I was able to see a great deal of the fireworks standing at the intersection of the bus stop and the stop sign just before heading to the main entrance of the Lodge. It's the point where you cross over to the parking lot from the bus stop if that makes sense. I got some great shots of the fireworks there.

If it’s a party night at MK, you’ll be able to see quite a bit of the perimeter fireworks. We watched the MVMCP fireworks from our 2nd floor balcony a couple of times in November 2017. They were close enough to WL that we could easily see them over the roof of the Copper Creek Villas.

Last April we stayed at BRV and on the lake side, 4th floor and saw the EWP every night. Some higher fireworks also from MK looking to left off of our balcony. we were 4th floor and about 1/2 down hall. LOVE LOVE LOVE BRV! staying at CCV in 7 days!

We have only stayed at the lodge one time but yes we got an awesome corner room and were able to see both quite a bit of the high fireworks and the EWP from our room.

Is there a way to request lake side?
If you are on points, just call MS and add it to your reservation. If you paid cash through DRC, call them and add it to your reservation.

We stayed on 3rd floor almost all the way down the hall and my mom said you could see the water pageant fine. We were overlooking the cabins. Cannot wait to go back there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter