Breakfast at IHOP

Serrina89

Mouseketeer
WDW vet going to DL for 4 days.....How do you do Breakfast when you tour. I see that IHOP is really close to the hotel we're staying at, in your opinion is it worth it? Do you feel tired and sluggish after eating there? Is service quick or is eating there from the time you get there to leaving longer than 30 min? Is there a place you recommend within the park to pick up a light breakfast?

Can't comment on the service/speed but IHOP is nothing special. I certainly wouldn't spend valuable morning time eating at IHOP. I know there are several places in downtown Disney you can grab breakfast sandwiches to go, which would be my preference.

That is reportedly the one of the priciest IHOPS anywhere!

There is also a Panera on Harbor that is a great quick breakfast option.

My goto is usuallay Starbucks in DTD for coffee and a light breakfast. The main Starbucks has a lot of food options

Just had breakfast last week for the first time at Flows V8 in DCA and thought it was a great breakfat that was not too much. We all left pleasantly pleased as I am not usually a big fan of the in park counter service options as far as taste and quality...except the corn dogs of course!

We did eat dinner there once on our last trip. Service was pretty slow and I was really surprised by the prices. Can't remember exactly but it seemed double what a typical IHOP would be. That being said...food was fine and kids were happy!

Does your hotel offer a little breakfast?
We tend to eat a little something at the hotel (protein bar, oatmeal, or hotel breakfast) after about an 1 1/2 - 2 hours in the park we grab a bite. Usually tomorrowland terrace (for breakfast), Markethouse or Jolly Hoilday for coffee and pastry, or my personal favorite a churro!

It always bothered me that with the prices that IHOP charges, they can't ever manage to butter the toast. They stick two thin pats of butter on each piece of toasted bread, cut it, and serve. You end up having to butter your own toast. Granted we haven't been to that particular IHOP in like 12-13 years but I bet it hasn't changed.

Definitely prefer flo's or LeBrea in DTD

LeBrea used to be my go to but over the past few years their quality has dropped dramatically IMO and their priced have shot through the roof. We were able to get a full sit down breakfast at Catal for the same price that two of us spent at LaBrea Express for much crappier food.

...in other news, Catal has a great not super expensive breakfast options if you want a sit down meal!

The IHOP is ridiculous. Service is meh, and the prices are astronomical.

We much prefer Denny's. Lots of good options (I tend to go for egg white omelettes, etc), the coffee is better than you expect, and the service has always been good. They're also great about giving me to-go cups for smoothies, coffee, filling up my water, etc.

If you join Mimi's eClub, you will be bombarded with buy-one-get-one coupons. Even if you don't end up going there for breakfast, the coupon is good for any meal.

We bring yogurt, fruit, pastries and granola bars and have a light breakfast in our room. It's cheap, fast and is essentially our normal breakfast routine at home. If we do decide to do a sit down breakfast we splurge and head to Steakhouse 55.

Does your hotel offer a little breakfast?
We tend to eat a little something at the hotel (protein bar, oatmeal, or hotel breakfast) after about an 1 1/2 - 2 hours in the park we grab a bite. Usually tomorrowland terrace (for breakfast), Markethouse or Jolly Hoilday for coffee and pastry, or my personal favorite a churro!

Were staying at the tropicana inn (No free breakfast).

Sounds like we should stay away from IHOP. Glad I asked! Is there a website that list the menus and relative prices like the dis?

The prices are about doubled just for my daughter and I we each got what we would normally get at an IHOP and I normally pay around 24$ for both of us and at the IHOP here I paid 47$. The Panera is good and a normal price.

Were staying at the tropicana inn (No free breakfast).

Sounds like we should stay away from IHOP. Glad I asked! Is there a website that list the menus and relative prices like the dis?

I always explore menu options on the DL app, which also shows current pricing. You can even reserve a table on the app!

Morning is prime time for short lines, so it is too hard for me to start off waiting on a table service restaurant. We loved playing in the park for a while before grabbing a Starbucks drink and snack, or a baked treat from Jolly Holiday, or best of all, a Mickey pancake at Rancho midway through the morning.

DCA is hard for breakfast, with fewer options... Those days we usually just have an early lunch.

In DTD, we like the Tortilla Jo's taqueria (breakfast burritos!!) for breakfast. It's quick and easy. And you can walk and eat!!. QS in the park, we like Rancho or Flo's (depending on which park you are in.)

If you are staying at the Tropicana, you can always stop at The Cove store (attached to the hotel). They have bagels, muffins, croissants, coffee drinks, yogurt, and fresh fruit. When we stay there, we stop in to eat along the way. If we want a bigger breakfast, we have gone to McDonalds or Panera which are very close.

In DTD, we like the Tortilla Jo's taqueria (breakfast burritos!!) for breakfast. It's quick and easy. And you can walk and eat!!.

Is there a counter service to get the burritos to go?...I was thinking TJ's was just table service. I would be all over breakfast burritos!

Is there a counter service to get the burritos to go?...I was thinking TJ's was just table service. I would be all over breakfast burritos!

The taqueria is right next door (just west) to TJ's. It is CS only and there are some tables outside. We like the breakfast burritos too. Also EOS for breakfast sandwiches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter