Breakfast at The Kitchen, HRH

Frances999

DIS Veteran
What is the breakfast like at the kitchen in the hrh? Is it a buffet? How much does it cost? What is the choice like?

thankyou if you can help!

:wave2:

This is what JessicaR posted about breakfast at The Kitchen...

"The breakfast is a buffet that was excellent. Choices included:
bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, omlettes (your way), bagels, muffins, toast, pastries, cookies, fruits, cereals, incredible breakfast pizza's, carving station, pancakes, french toast, juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and much more! I felt it was expensive but very good. 2 kids and 2 adults was $50.00 The staff was very friendly and attentive!"

The carving station would have roast beef, pork loin, whole ham- all carved right in front of you.

Yum!!

I am back from a visit to HRH last week. I had breakfast in the kitchen several mornings. It was excellent (although expensive - 14.95 per adult, and I think 8.95 per child). Offerings included:
Omelet/Egg station - custom made eggs and omelets; Fresh Fruit including outstanding strawberries, cut melons, pineapple, whole bananas, apples, oranges etc; A "Grits Station" with toppings; Wonderful fresh pastries including bagels, croissants, sweet rolls, muffins, bread and english muffins to toast; Scrambled eggs, Bacon, Saugage (sp), Corned Beef Hash, breakfast potatoes. French Toast, Waffles, Syrup and Fruit Compote, Blintzes, and served at your table beverages including juice and coffee. I think I remembered everything.
PS Room Service Continental Breakfast was also wonderful!

Expensive or not, we're just going to have to try the Buffet at least once during our trip. It sounds great!

No other quickie (read smaller and less expensive) bkfst at HRH other than room service?

Ritzbuddy, Emack $ Bolios is located right next store to The Kitchen. Although I never went in, I know they offer StarBuck's coffee, and I believe Pastries etc. in the morning.

We were there a couple of weeks ago. We were staying at the Royal Pacific (and could have had breakfast there), but decided to walk over to the HRH and try The Kitchen.

It was a very good buffet (not cheap), but nice choices.

We thought it was a good way to start the day!! We definitely walked it off!!!

Thanks, Hopefully! Sound like Emack $ Bolios will give just enough sustenance to manage our getting to the parks ( so that we can consider the next meal) ;)

... but I didn't like The Kitchen's breakfast buffet very much. I thought the food was fairly cold and tasteless -- and waaaayyyyy too expensive, as well. I would also add that they don't serve Starbucks coffee -- that's only available at Emack & Bolios. That being said, the coffee was fine at The Kitchen, IMO. Also, the carving station wasn't available every morning -- only on the weekend. Perhaps that's different during busier times of the year, however.

All in all, to me their buffet was just ok... No comparision to the buffet at, for example, the Beach Club (at WDW) -- though that's completely different 'cause it's a character meal and even more expensive than The Kitchen!! I wish the HRH had something in between Emack & Bolio's and The Kitchen -- a self-serve type place where you had a lot of choices and tables to sit down at... Just my 2 cents, though......

Happy planning,
Sarah

Thanks Sarah, Something inbetween was really what I was hoping for. When we stayed at CBR at WDW, we were so spoiled with the food court where we could eat as light or big as desired before zooming off for early entry. But it's OK, I'm sure we will adapt pretty darn quickly! Can't wait!! :hyper:

Man, I am a bad typist (edited)!!

I'd LOVE to sit for a nice breakfast buffet, but there is no way my two boys (10 & 14) are going to sit through a leisurely breakfast, when US & IOA are just outside the door! I'd be taking my time, eating my fill, and they'd be picking at their plate, sighing heavily "Aren't you done YET ?!" So, in essense, I'd pay $30 for them to pick and sigh, and $15 for me to get heartburn because they are driving me nuts to go.

*sigh* Looks like breakfast on the run for me!

Think I'll go to City Walk the night before and buy some them some Cinnabons to eat while I take my morning shower!

Hi, Last summer we went to a Starbucks upstairs in Citywalk. It was WONDERFUL!! A great way to start the day! Joan:sunny:

I thought the buffet was good for a hotel and between the hot cereal, fresh fruit, eggs and bagel, I felt that I got my money's worth thinking of hotel prices

Agreed, they need some additional options for breakfast time other than pastries and donuts etc....

thanks
jaysue

I have two questions...What is considered a kid for the sake of the kids price at the buffet? And what time do they open in the mornings?

I agree with TinkKel that it would be hard to sit through a good breakfast if the parks are already open, but it would be me that would be anxious to get going. Maybe some of my kids, too, but my DH would be happy having a nice breakfast. If we could get there early and eat before the park opens I wouldn't be trying to hurry my DH along.

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter