Breakfast dish?

With only 4 eggs it was not quiche-y, but 6 might make it more like it;) The potatoes were crispyish where they touch the dish, but it wasn't sloppy (if that makes sense). neither of my sons eat quiche and they both gobbled this up!

I do this one for Christmas morning - assemble the night before & just toss it into the oven when we wake up. The original called for a can/tube of crescent rolls, but we've always made it with frozen hash brown potatoes instead...I prefer the shredded/stringy looking ones to the cubes, but it's pretty much all the same. ;) Also, we do like eggs here so I increase it to 8 eggs - but I'm sure 4 would be plenty for your family.

Breakfast Casserole

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

~ 3/4 bag of shredded potatoes, frozen
1 Roll sausage (use any flavor sausage, maple is very good)
2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 Eggs
¼ C milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Spread potatoes in 9x12 pan. Fry sausage and drain, crumble and put on top of potatoes. Sprinkle cheese over sausage. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes or until firm. [NOTE: I think it takes more like 35 - 45 min in the oven because it's been in the refrigerator all night.]

This looks nice and easy. I might give this one a try. :thumbsup2

I do this one for Christmas morning - assemble the night before & just toss it into the oven when we wake up. The original called for a can/tube of crescent rolls, but we've always made it with frozen hash brown potatoes instead...I prefer the shredded/stringy looking ones to the cubes, but it's pretty much all the same. ;) Also, we do like eggs here so I increase it to 8 eggs - but I'm sure 4 would be plenty for your family.

Breakfast Casserole

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

~ 3/4 bag of shredded potatoes, frozen
1 Roll sausage (use any flavor sausage, maple is very good)
2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 Eggs
¼ C milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Spread potatoes in 9x12 pan. Fry sausage and drain, crumble and put on top of potatoes. Sprinkle cheese over sausage. Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes or until firm. [NOTE: I think it takes more like 35 - 45 min in the oven because it's been in the refrigerator all night.]

Deb provided this recipe to me when I was planning a brunch for my DS's confirmation. I made it using the blocks of hashbrowns, crumbled, and it turned out great! It was one of the favorites from the day!
Thanks Deb!

piratesmate- I just wanted to let you know that I tried your breakfast casserole recipe. It was soooo good! I decided to halve the recipe (we have a small family) and use bacon instead of sausage. I should have made the full recipe.........we gobbled it up in one day!! :laughing: Thanks for the recipe! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter