Breakfast Ideas

Terry B

Earning My Ears
Staying @ Royal Pacific for first time as well as doing Universal as rookies, trying to plan/budget our food costs. Planning on eating several dinner meals @ CityWalk but not sure about breakfast. Does anyone have ideas about reasonable priced meals in the morning. Thanks for the help !! Almost forgot to mention we have two girls ages 8,9 who love a good breakfast.

We will be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort hotel in the summer. Any ideas for breakfast in this area too would be gratefully appreciated. Is it worth sometimes just taking our breakfast with us if we are in a rush and eating it while on the transport to an attraction or eating while in a queue if we are short of time?

2BoysMum&Dad :hyper: :hyper: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

We are going in March and we are not big breakfast eaters so we are stopping at grocery store and picking up cereal , bagels, granola bars etc for breakfast. We may eat out once or twice but it seems pricey-$14.95/adult for the buffet. Very expensive and fattening as I am lifetimer on Weight Watchers.

2BoysMum&Dad,
You should really go check out the WDW boards. After saying that, we stayed at CBR a cpl of yrs ago and their food court was great for our family to eat as light or hardy as desired, very early in the morning to get a good start on the parks. Have fun!

As for us this yr, also looking for decently priced bkfst options, other than buffet (we're staying at HRH). I have hard there is a good bakery on the way into one of the parks. Are there places that serve bkfst within the parks - other than donut fare?

You can get egg sandwhiches at the bakery. I thought they were a good bargain (I think around $5.50- $6.00). They were on croissants, and you could get them with cheese, bacon etc..., and they are fairly large. I split one for my younger kids. It actually was a nice change for us.

Hi

You could try buying those little fruit cups by dole and add a cereal bars and some milk..Works great for kids..simple and stuff kids like..:wave2:

When we stayed at HRH we brought along cereal and pop tarts and bought milk and yogurt and the like from the store on the lower level. Even though we spent $2.75 for a pint of milk each morning, I still think we saved $. Anyone know if you can purchase milk by the pint anywhere at RPR?

Hey TerryB...

Here's a link to a site that lists the menus for USO, IOA & all 3 hotels. Some of the menus haven't been updated in quite sometime, but it'll give you a general idea. There's a Cinnabon just inside IOA. There's also a Cinnabon & Starbucks (with bakery items) in CityWalk.

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/unimenus.html

Hope this helps! :D

Where is the bakery that you can get egg sandwichs at? We are staying at the HRH and do not want to spend $50 a day on Breakfast!

I was going to look for something off site but figured then i would have to pay cab fare so it might not be worth it, unless maybe there is a denny's or ihop close by. With 2 teenage boys i could spend more on food than the airfare & hotel! :)

Also does anyone bring snacks and soda for the room? I don't want to be cheap but i don't want to go broke either.

yes, we are stopping at store on way from airport to buy drinks, snacks and beer. We can replenish milk at HRH store. Plan to eat breakfast in room many mornings.

i don't see anything wrong with bringing food. at first i wasn't going to bother because since we wouldn't have a car and i couldn't leave the kids alone, i was just going to bring stuff from home via suitcase. i thought this was going to be more of a hassle then benefit but the more i thought about it, the more it made sense. my niece and nephew are very hard to wake up in the morning and picky eaters. i figured if i bought their favorite foods and snacks, then they could lounge around in their pjs and leave the room when they wanted.

i am planning on bringing cereal, granola bars, and poptarts for breakfast. there are tons of places in the parks to buy milk every night before returning to the room. i am lucky that the kids don't really drink milk and only use it to wet their cereal. and for snacks, i will probably bring their favorite cookies, chips, and stuff like that. thought that it would be great to have in the room at night or down at the pool.

Where is that Bakery? onsite? I am sure the guys would like breakfast sandwichs.

Glad to hear I'm not alone in thinking about bringing snacks.

Can't wait!!!!

The Islands breakfast buffet is wonderful for breakfast.

Also, when you get to the parks..if it is still open...green eggs and ham in IOA..hubby and daughter love these breakfast sandwiches.

You can also order room service the night before to be delivered at a certain time in the morning.

How about those Green eggs & ham sandwiches that you can get in Seussland? I think they are open for breakfast & I've read that they are very tasty! We are planning on trying them at least once on our next trip. Plus Cinnabon!! One of my favorite memories from my last trip was sitting at an outside table with my Cinnabon sticks & coffee (after riding Hulk first) watching people's reactions as they rounded the corner & got their first glimpse of the Hulk. The look on some of their faces was priceless!

Those croissant egg sandwiches at the bakery inside IOA are delicious! My son & I split one last year for breakfast - very tasty! Another good but cheap breakfast idea.

In the past, I've also baked banana bread & muffins and packed them in foil & ziploc bags in my suitcase for breakfast for the first couple of days. Granola or trail mix (made ahead of time & put into individual ziplocs) with some fruit would be another good, inexpensive breakfast that the kids could carry with them into the parks if you're running late.

Green eggs and ham isn't usually open for breakfast. When we've been there they have opened around 11:00.

Every morning, in the Orchid Lounge, there's a great selection of cereals, bakery items, bagels, toast, juice, milk, coffee, etc.
It's like a cafeteria, except it's in their lounge.

Nice big comfy chairs.

I recommend, especially if you want fast, relatively inexpensive, and not-so-big breakfast to get you going.

Originally posted by threeboysmom
Those croissant egg sandwiches at the bakery inside IOA are delicious! My son & I split one last year for breakfast - very tasty! Another good but cheap breakfast idea.

Does anyone know the name of the bakery???

Hi silverspark!

I believe they're talking about the Croissant Moon Bakery. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter