breaking up an existing reservation

TLCP

DIS Veteran
I have a four day reservation at VGC on expiring banked points. My family of four would like to go, but due to recent commitments, we can only stay for the first two days. I'd like to break the reservation into two separate two day reservations and allow someone else to use the days, but MS said I can't do that due to "limited inventory" in the resort for those days. I'm confused if DVC already has four consecutive committed days allocated for one room, why can't they break it up? Or did I ask in the wrong way?

A reservation can not be split once it’s booked. It requires them to cancel the nights of the first one and by the time they do that, the rooms could go to a waitlist

If the room was booked during the home resort period and those nights were gotten as an 11 plus 7 booking, splitting can be seen as a way around that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter