bridal ears

vfb2girls

DIS Veteran
Has anyone bought the set of groom and bride ears and had them mongramed with an anniversary date? We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and have never been on a honeymoon so we are spending 8 glorious days at Disney. We plan on getting ears but if anyone has used the bridial ones for thier anniversary I would be interested to know. I don't want to take anything away from newlyweds. Thank you.

We plan on getting ears but if anyone has used the bridial ones for thier anniversary I would be interested to know. I don't want to take anything away from newlyweds.

Don't worry! You won't be taking anything away from newlyweds. I've heard of several couples celebrating their anniversary at WDW, and they wear the groom and bridal ears too. Disney loves to shower these couples with as much attention as the newlyweds get! In my opinion, celebrating 5, 10, 20, or 30 years of marriage should definitly get as much attention as newlyweds get, if not more!!

Sorry I can't help you with your question. I'm not married yet, so I haven't experienced the bridal ears. Certainly there's someone out there who has.

Diznee25

You are exactly right to put the anniversary on them, so that people know you are not newlyweds. Otherwise, you will get a LOT of questions about when you got married, and people will be disappointed to hear it wasn't just a few days ago. I know - it is silly - but the other guests there really do ask; we got asked so many times I lost count. And some people seemed really surprised that we actually were newlyweds - apparently a lot of people use them who aren't, I guess to get special treatment. And a lot of people who didn't get married at WDW use the ears, too; we spoke to a CM who said he is disappointed when he thinks he sees a Disney couple, but when he asks where they were married, they say something like "West Virginia!" So I think that putting the years of your marriage is the more honest route to take, and it will avoid all those questions. "When did you get married?" "It's on the ears - 20 years ago" :)
We met a couple who was there for their 50th anniversary, and what they did was buy patches that had the number 50 on them, and had these patches attached to the ears. I don't think that anyone there will monogram onto the ears; in fact, I have heard of couples who wanted their names put on, and the place at WDW wouldn't do it.
Another route to take, besides the patch, would be to get some paint from a craft store, and stencils, and paint in the number 20 on the ears of the hats.
Cheers!
Heather

I think it would be neat for you to wear them and put 20th Anniversary on them. That is something that deserves special recongition and treatment that only Disney can do. We wore them last year on our honeymoon and felt very special the whole trip until one CM asked us if we indeed were really married. He stated that some people just buy them to get the perks. I think that is so wrong!

Happy Anniversary! I say, where those 20th Bridal ears proudly!:earsgirl: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter