Bridge B2G2 Promo ticket to AP?

puffkin

DVC Owner- SSR & AKV
Has anyone bridged a B2G2 Promo ticket purchased in advance (Undercover Tourist) to a Seasonal AP at Universal? It would be a 2 park to park ticket. What was the price difference owed? Just trying to figure out if it will save us anything or be more hassle than it is worth.

I purchased our B2G2 in advanced (3 park) and immediately upgraded to Seasonal Passes when we arrived at the hotel. The price difference was the actual difference between what we paid for the advanced tickets and the price of the seasonal pass. The only thing I can add is that there is a slight kid's discount when you buy daily tickets but the price of a Seasonal Pass is the same for adults and kids. So we ended up paying about $10 more to upgrade the kids' tickets since we paid slightly less for their B2G2.
Just saw that you bought from UT. Ours was purchased directly from Uni.

We did just this last month - price difference between our B2G2 from UT and the Seasonal AP from Universal was $10. We upgraded prior to our first entry. Easy! Just be sure you get the extra 3 months added on your AP ticket - right now the promo is 15 months for the AP - we did not pay attention to our dates and after getting home noticed they were set to expire 12 months from the day we first entered the parks. However - the Universal staff were great on the email and changed our dates to reflect the 15 months!

We did just this last month - price difference between our B2G2 from UT and the Seasonal AP from Universal was $10. We upgraded prior to our first entry. Easy! Just be sure you get the extra 3 months added on your AP ticket - right now the promo is 15 months for the AP - we did not pay attention to our dates and after getting home noticed they were set to expire 12 months from the day we first entered the parks. However - the Universal staff were great on the email and changed our dates to reflect the 15 months!
Great to hear! I’ll definitely check the dates!

We upgraded our UT B2G2 tickets last month. Paid $10 to upgrade to seasonal pass and $100 to upgrade to preferred pass.
This is exactly what we are planning to do....DH and kids to a seasonal and myself to a preferred for the shopping/dining/parking discounts. If I figured it out correctly, it should save me a little over $100 doing it this way if all goes as planned.

Trying to decide if I'm going to upgrade everyone from B2G2 to Season Pass for our trip Sept 20th, or get one Preferred pass.

So with the preferred pass, it's basically 10% on food and merchandise? No parking discount if staying onsite correct? We will be at HRH.
We're 5 people, there for 3 full days, Budgeting about $250 a day in food - no full service dining. Not sure about merch - so I'm thinking the $100 upgrade would just about break us even.
Of course we'd have it to use next trip - planning to get the 15 month pass and go again in fall-ish of 2021. So that would increase the savings, but we have no firm plans yet so I'm not sure by how much.

Am I missing anything or not thinking of something? I'm a TA so I don't need the hotel discount...

Thanks for any advice!

Trying to decide if I'm going to upgrade everyone from B2G2 to Season Pass for our trip Sept 20th, or get one Preferred pass.

So with the preferred pass, it's basically 10% on food and merchandise? No parking discount if staying onsite correct? We will be at HRH.
We're 5 people, there for 3 full days, Budgeting about $250 a day in food - no full service dining. Not sure about merch - so I'm thinking the $100 upgrade would just about break us even.
Of course we'd have it to use next trip - planning to get the 15 month pass and go again in fall-ish of 2021. So that would increase the savings, but we have no firm plans yet so I'm not sure by how much.

Am I missing anything or not thinking of something? I'm a TA so I don't need the hotel discount...

Thanks for any advice!

We bridged our B2G2 tickets on our trip end of July. I got a preferred, and the rest of the family got Seasonal. I tracked my savings on merch/food and we broke about even on our trip for the increased cost of the preferred for myself. While we also do not have hard and fast plans yet for a return trip, we are definitely hoping to get another trip in next summer at a minimum. We are also DVC, so we feel that there may be a good possibility we would be staying at DVC and may need to take advantage of the parking at a future date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter