Bring your own coffee?

mavman

Earning My Ears
I’ll be staying at the Best Western Plus Park place in. Do they have decent coffee? Being in Cali for a week I was thinking of bringing the Keurig?

No, the coffee is gross in all the hotel rooms, even DLH. :) We always bring a mini coffee pot and good espresso. Yep, I'd take the mini Keurig if you have room. Haagen Dazs has tastier espresso than Starbucks IMO, and there's rarely a line there in the early morning, if you decide not to pack coffee.

I don't know about BWPPI, but I always bring my own coffee. I like a very dark, strong flavor and I've never had that at any restaurant or hotel.

I haven't made coffee in the room at the BW Park Place Inn but I thought that the coffee at the breakfast area was pretty decent. It was fairly strong but not bitter.

on our last trip we got our morning coffee at the Le Brea Bakery in downtown Disney.

The Panera Bread down the street has good coffee. I got up a little early during our last trip and walked down there to get my coffee. The in-room coffee at the Tropicana was really bad!

Are the coffeemakers in the rooms the kind that use the pods? Or can you bring your own coffee and brew in the machine? I've been wondering about this myself.

Are the coffeemakers in the rooms the kind that use the pods? Or can you bring your own coffee and brew in the machine? I've been wondering about this myself.
At BWPPI or at another hotel? I can't keep the style straight since we stay at several different hotels and bring our own coffeepot. I'd call the hotel to ask since if they use those little trays, that would be a style you couldn't BYO for. The only one I know for sure is Ramada Plaza because we just stayed there last week. They have Keurigs and supply 2 each coffee, decaf, tea.

Here is a tip I use when not on an expense account. Bring instant coffee. I used to bring k-kups etc but it seems every hotel has a different type of machine now. I got the idea when staying in Europe where most hotels i stay in just have a water kettle and little "tubes" of instant coffee or tea bags. I find the Instant 100%Columbian coffee at Trader Joes is pretty good(and I am a coffee snob), pretty inexpensive and since its a jar you can easily adjust the strength. But I like my coffee like my pirate ships, black and muddy.

I think best way to not have gross in-room coffee is to pick up a gallon of purified water and use that in your coffee pot. The tap water in Anaheim doesn't taste good and that extends into the coffee. It is amazing how much difference better tasting water makes.
Yes! Where we are, Costco water bottles are cheaper per oz than gallon of water, so we take a case and use for drinking/filling coffee pot/brushing teeth.

At BWPPI or at another hotel? I can't keep the style straight since we stay at several different hotels and bring our own coffeepot. I'd call the hotel to ask since if they use those little trays, that would be a style you couldn't BYO for. The only one I know for sure is Ramada Plaza because we just stayed there last week. They have Keurigs and supply 2 each coffee, decaf, tea.

I was referring to BWPPI. If it's not one of those pod machines, I can just bring some of my favorite coffee. I tend to want to not go out for coffee first thing in the morning if I don't have to.

I used to bring coffee, filters, and a drip cone. Now I just bring Starbucks Via instant coffee. They have it at Costco and Target. It makes a decent cup of coffee for way less hassle.

I used to bring coffee, filters, and a drip cone. Now I just bring Starbucks Via instant coffee. They have it at Costco and Target. It makes a decent cup of coffee for way less hassle.

I actually use these in my camping trailer because they stay good for years. The ones i used this weekend I probably bought a year ago and still tast fresh. They are more expensive than the jar at Trader Joes but super convenient.

I only bring coffee when I cannot get decent coffee nearby like when I'm on a cruise. Aside from that I can always find a Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or some other type of place with decent coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter