Bringing snacks into Disneyland Resort?

Blndiebby25

Mouseketeer
Hello again everyone,

Another question for all you experts. I was just reading that they search backpacks before you enter the parks. Will it be a problem if we bring our own snacks to the park or will they confiscate them? Trying to find ways to save some money.

Thanks!

I bring in light snacks and water all the time. It's never been a problem. Now, the official policy is that you aren't supposed to bring food and beverages into DL or DCA. I imagine that policy will be enforced if someone tries to bring in cans, glass bottles, or more than light snacks. There are lockers and a picnic area outside of the parks "for your convenience".

I have never had any of the security even raise and eyebrow at the snacks that I take into the park. I think that they have to be packaged. I like using the lunchables. You can get the large size with crackers, meat and cheese along with a candy bar and juice bag.

There's an Albertson's down the road from Disneyland on Harbor Blvd. It's a bit of a drive but it's a straight shot there and back again. As you drive away from DLR you will see it on your left.

This past week there was this family in front of us during the security check point and they had two huge bags of mcdonalds, a case of austin crakers , and a box of juice boxes. The CM didn't even bat an eye. So it is safe to say that you can take any kind of food to the park.

Faster and just as easy IMO to get to then the Albertsons is the food 4 less. Turn right on Katella and it is only a few blocks down.

I think very occasionally they will not let you bring in bottled water unless the cap is still intact and sealed, but this appears to be a very unevenly applied policy. I think it's probably applied more often for teens or twentysomethings who might be more likely to be bringing in more exotic clear beverages disguised as water.

Yep - we had a pile of snacks and some water (opened) and no one even mentioned them.

I think the rule is they ban glass containers (for safety reasons).

We were there last week and with a toddler we bought friut snacks, juice boxes, Ritz crackers , a few cans of coke for me and bottled water,no problem.We had a small soft sided cooler.The CM at the gate did check the tops of the water bottles.............Maybe I looked young enough to be a teen or twenysomething :rotfl:
We bought everything at target near our hotel.

I haven't had them confiscated the few times I have brought them in. When we visited Disneyland in 1985, we were fresh from being stationed in Germany and had travelled through Europe. We were really familiar with terrorism threats, both from anti-American groups and from the IRA when we were in England.

When we got to Disneyland, they started searching us and my mom (much chattier than me!) asked them if they were searching for bombs. They said no, they were searching for smuggled food!! We thought it was pretty funny at the time. It's not as funny now in the post-9/11 world, though. :sad2:

I too bring in snacks and sandwiches too sometimes, backpack searched without a word. I bring in Water all the time in a reuseable bottle and no one has ever said a word.... I guess I don't look like a teen or twentysomething anymore :sad2: Could it be the three kids I have in tow???? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter