"Bubbles & Brunch"

Buzzsgramma

DIS Veteran
Just got this e mail this morning...sounds very nice and we will be there on the 30th of Oct. with the rest of our family...doing MNSSHP that evening...so looking for a leisurely morn. and afternoon till we hit MK .any one else thinking of going to the buffet???.

I'm hoping to go on 13th November. I phoned the number given about 2 hours ago but it was a recorded message requesting leaving details of your phone number and date you want. I wonder how 'limited' the numbers are :confused3 I've never dined at Citricos and have no idea of venue size, so fingers are crossed they've not sold out already :)

I would love to do this, but we will be leaving on the 28th. :(

I swear DVC looks at my schedule, and plans events so I can't attend! :teeth:

MG

Maistre Gracey said:
I swear DVC looks at my schedule, and plans events so I can't attend! :teeth:
MG

I'm thinking the same thing :rolleyes1

We are there 10-16 to 10-21 and when they first announced this event I thought, cool we're there in the middle of the FWF so maybe we'll go.
But like you said, they waited till we'll be gone.

They do read these boards, maybe we offended them in a post and their making sure we can't cause a rucus at the party :earboy2: :banana: :cool1:

Does anyone else think this is somewhat over priced? The menu doesn't look much different than a good buffet at one of the regular restaurants with the addition of champagne. If you compare the menu to Boma, 1900 Parkfare or a chef mickeys type place, is this really worth $49? Are they giving something else away? Sometimes i think DVC feels that if you slap a DVC label on it, those members will pay anything! :rolleyes:

Donna said:
Does anyone else think this is somewhat over priced? The menu doesn't look much different than a good buffet at one of the regular restaurants with the addition of champagne. If you compare the menu to Boma, 1900 Parkfare or a chef mickeys type place, is this really worth $49? Are they giving something else away? Sometimes i think DVC feels that if you slap a DVC label on it, those members will pay anything! :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with you Donna ...... but ...... I'm curious and would like to go to a member event. Can't believe that one is actually scheduled whilst I'll be there. BTW, it's now almost 5 hours since I left my details and no one has got back to me. Still wondering just how popular this event is :crowded:

Pootle said:
I don't disagree with you Donna ...... but ...... I'm curious and would like to go to a member event. Can't believe that one is actually scheduled whilst I'll be there. BTW, it's now almost 5 hours since I left my details and no one has got back to me. Still wondering just how popular this event is :crowded:

I've been to a couple member events, most recently, the one at Pleasure Island. Can't say enough about how nice it was. I think it's only fair to charge a nominal fee for the brunch but $49? Where's the member discount, lol :teeth: I actually had to reread my email when i got it and thought maybe it was a typo and they meant $19 or $29. Unless this is champagne from walt disney's private collection, it just can't be worth $49!

Have to agree on the price ... DH's first question was ... "Is it unlimited champagne?"

I am wondering if they are using DVC as the test marketers for a Sunday brunch at Citricos? I can remember the wonderful Sunday brunches that were held at the Disney Inn (now SoG) and Top of the World (now the CaliGrill) back in the 70s.

DisneyJen said:
I can remember the wonderful Sunday brunches that were held at the Disney Inn (now SoG) and Top of the World (now the CaliGrill) back in the 70s.

I remember going to a great Sunday brunch at Top of the World in the late eighties - I don't remember the cost, but I do remember it *was* expensive, and neither of us drinks champagne!

Since I rang and left my details at 11 am EST, and the message said they would 'call back shortly' I just rang again; same message, now 5.15 pm EST. Have I just been unlucky, or have they been very busy? I wonder :rolleyes1

They are not real speedy to get back to you. It took 2 days for me to get a call back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter