Budgeting for Food & Wine?

aml1676

Mouseketeer
I have a trip in mid-October that was supposed to include the new dining plan. I can estimate for all the other restaurants I'm hoping we'll be able to eat at just by looking at menus, but I have no idea how to estimate for F&W kiosks. I realize it's questionable whether F&W will even happen, but I need to have some idea how much to budget either way... any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

So my husband and I have been several times and spent a wide range of money. It depends on how many in your party drink alcohol, how many days you're staying there, if you'll do the kiosks as meal replacements, and how much you want to stuff yourself. We were planning our trip this year with a big budget, but are not anticipating food and wine happening. I have no information on that just my gut.

If you are just talking food, I would say that a $6 average per plate is reasonable. Depending on if you are just trying different things or making a meal out of it, you would be hard pressed to go through more then 8-10 at one time. Unless you really can pack the food in. I can eat about 3-4 servings and I am full, but I don't eat a lot. If you snack and stroll throughout the whole day, it can add up. This is not including any alcohol.

I would say $6 to $7 for food and &10-$14 for drinks each. So typically the portions are small and we can eat 5-7 easily during the day each plus a few drinks each. We did on dining plan because you can use snack credits. So anywhere between $100 and $200 depending on how much you eat or drink. Menus with prices are typically out there to plan and check out. It can be costly and add up quick.

Check out the menu from the past year or two. Though a new dish or booth may show up, lots (most?) of them are exactly the same from year to year. If it even happens this year, I'm assuming prices will increase slightly because it's Disney so inflate it a bit.

When we used to vacation for F&WF and snacked as our meals, we probably dropped $150-$250 for the both of us in one day. It adds up QUICK.

It's easier if you just pretend it's Monopoly money.

My first F&W was years and years ago - food was probably @$4 and drinks @$6 - in 2 days we spent over $300 and I don’t drink! It can really add up fast.

You can really spend as much or as little as you want. I suggest getting a gift card and loading it with whatever you feel comfortable spending. My husband and I have done F&W many times. If we’re in the “we’re getting what we want and we don’t care about $ mood,” we usually spend around $300. If you’re not a big drinker, you could probably budget less.

Honestly..... I would figure you won't need to budget anything

I don't see the festival happening this year. Swan/Dolphin just announced they cancelled their events. Disney cancelled the college program employment for fall (and that's the booth staff) and they have cancelled all other "special" events.

I hadn't even thought about looking at last year's menus - I will definitely do that! It's just me and my 6 yo... I would guess we'll each get something to eat and I will probably drink some alcohol, though maybe not at every kiosk. I was mostly hoping to replace just one regular meal with the kiosks.

Heck those of us in the tristate area are still expected to self quarantine for 14 days, extended indefinitely

I expect bare bones until

Yeah, like I said in my original post, I realize it's questionable at best whether it will even take place. I still want to budget as if and come home with money left over *shrug*

I would look at past festival food booth menus. Figure out what you would most likely budget.
this too is a math exercise. What one family might consume can be very different for another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter