Buffalo Airport overnight stay

jjohns

Mouseketeer
We're off to WDW in October, and plan to fly out of Buffalo this year.

Southwest has a nice non-stop flight that leaves early in the morning, so we plan to stay overnight in a nearby hotel.

- Any suggestions/recommendations?
- What should I expect for cost?
- What do I do with the car for the week we're in Disney?
- What, if any, perks do any of the hotels offer?

TIA, Jeff

in Williamsville or Williamsburg, lol!! However it is off Transit Road and very close to the airport! We see lots of people staying there, and I beleive you can leave your car and arrange transportation. We normally pay between 59 and 89 American, depending on travelling days!

I think it was a Quality Inn right across from the airport. It included parking for the week and breakfast(not great). The room was ok and it was about $70. There was a shuttle to the airport. It was neat watching the planes take off and land.

For any of these hotels near the airport, did you find the take-offs and landings to be loud to the point they disrupted your sleep (that is, if the excitement of the trip doesn't keep you awake!)?

Does the Buffalo airport have noise/landing restrictions like they do around Pearson?

TIA, Jeff

This is info I am interested in too. But the "planes over head" thing reminded me of a story.

About 14 or 15 years ago, dh and I (before kids and before married) drove to Cape Cod. I knew that's where we were going but dh kept saying and "We are just driving around until we find someplace interesting to stop." He thought he was being adventurous LOL! Anyway, we had the WORST day! The weather was horrid, we were both in BAD moods, we got stuck in Boston traffic and when we FINALLY stopped at a hotel IT WAS COMPLETELY BOOKED UP! The fella at the hotel said that a BRAND NEW Days Inn up the road was about to open and would take us! We were soooooooooooooo weary and barely talking to each other. We went to that Days Inn. It was beautiful! The fella at the first hotel said we'd get a special rate of $50 (I think the exch rate was 1.20 LOL!) When we dragged our gear up to the new room (still smelling like paint ~ we were the only folks in the place ~ are you thinking about the BATES MOTEL too????? ~ remember this was a BAD DAY!) we just tossed EVERYTHING on the bed! The room are gorgeous, phone in the bathroom, I had never seen that before. The Days Inn restaurant wasn't open yet so we went across the street to the Holiday Inn, it was a $400 a plate sea food buffet, we don't like fish. We left and went to a bar, the food was terrible, I ate rolls, we were starving. We went back to the room, just wanting to sleep before heading to Cape Cod the next day. As we went into the room, dh asked how much it was. I said I didn't know, I thought $50 like the fella said. WELL! THE ROOM WAS $200!!!!! But, they were cool and gave it to us for $50! As we fell into bed, thankful for our $50 a night room in an obvious $200 a night hotel, we wondered WHY did we get it so cheap. JUST AT THAT MOMENT! VVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM! FLIGHTER JETS tore up the sky about 2 feet from the roof of the hotel! We looked at a map! WE WERE AT THE END OF A RUN WAY FOR AN AIRFORCE BASE! LOL! ALLLLLLL NIGHT!!!! VVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM! LOL! LOL! LOL! We fell on the floor and laughed our heads off! Sandra

We use the Comfort Suites on Dick Road. Call central Reservations rather than the hotel (you get better rates) and make sure you ask for the park and fly rate (not advertised). You can park for 2 weeks and they have a deluxe continental breakfast and shuttle, 24 hour on demand. We really like it. I think we paid $79.00.

We got the Holiday Inn right down the street on priceline.com for $35. And there are not a lot of planes flying at night. In fact we came in from Los Angeles around 10pm and the airport was deserted so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hi!

Has anyone stayed at the four points Sheraton on Walden Ave.
Buffalo? Any info would be welcome thank you. Is it close to airport,does it have a shuttle, can you leave car there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter