Bummed out today

Silver saucer

DIS Veteran
My nephew and his wife had a baby girl a couple days ago. I texted them my congratulations but heard nothing back. I do realize they are undoubtedly swamped.
Im happy for them yet sad for me. I havent much had contact with my family in more than a few years. I hear from my one remaining brother a couple times a year. I fell out of favor with them when I entered a major depressive decade. It was after all my decision to be depressed according to my SIL. Yea right!! Grrr
Because of this attitude the boys and my brother have followed her lead of disdain.

Ive come to terms with not having a family for the most part but stuff like this reminds me of what im missing. They only live 10 miles away so its just annoying. I do not ask them for anything. Im told they are embarrassed that I slid down the socioeconomic scale. They arent wealthy by any means so im not sure what's up with that. My brothers and I had a fairly privileged childhood but that was a looooong time ago.
Im sorry. I just had to rant. At least Im in a better place emotionally than a year ago.
Thanks for listening.

I'm sorry. It's so frustrating when we try to reach out and nothing is reciprocated. Family can be so tough too, because there's that line where we feel like we should have some special allegiance, but then people group off and we don't always get to pick if we were part of the group.

I'm glad you feel better than you did a year ago. I go back and forth with depression/being super lonely and it's rough regardless of where I am in the cycle. It's all so hard to talk about too, some people have these great in-person social supports and those of us who don't always have someone to vent to- it's just an added layer to it being hard. I'm glad you had a place to say something.

I'm sorry. It's so frustrating when we try to reach out and nothing is reciprocated. Family can be so tough too, because there's that line where we feel like we should have some special allegiance, but then people group off and we don't always get to pick if we were part of the group.

I'm glad you feel better than you did a year ago. I go back and forth with depression/being super lonely and it's rough regardless of where I am in the cycle. It's all so hard to talk about too, some people have these great in-person social supports and those of us who don't always have someone to vent to- it's just an added layer to it being hard. I'm glad you had a place to say something.

Thank you so much for your kind words! Its a strange board to vent problems on so I hesitated. ( Its Disney! Be happy!) But Im glad I did! I just get so frustrated at the situation. I dont get it. We all used to be so close.
Have a great day Mistysue!!

I too am very glad you decided to “ vent” here today. It’s a healthy outlet. Let it go, you controlled the narrative in ur mind…
I’m wishing you a better day today than yesterday and hope you ll keep pushing thru. Depression and family are both difficult issues, so do what You need to do to get thru the minutes, hours , days.
I wish you the Best!

Family is the hardest to deal with and always hurt us the most--even when it isn't intentional. I hope things get better with your family as you get better with you and your mental health. Just remember, you may be losing out on things with them, but they are losing out too, and by their own choice!

Good for you, Silver, sharing, venting here. Sounds like you are making good of the situation. Family can be tough, I know. My best for you.

Sending virtual hugs! Depression and family is a tough combo. Do something nice for yourself today.
Thanks for the hugs! I took a nap today and enjoyed it!!
I too am very glad you decided to “ vent” here today. It’s a healthy outlet. Let it go, you controlled the narrative in ur mind…
I’m wishing you a better day today than yesterday and hope you ll keep pushing thru. Depression and family are both difficult issues, so do what You need to do to get thru the minutes, hours , days.
I wish you the Best!
Thanks! Ive been doing well for the most part but this just bummed me out.

Family is the hardest to deal with and always hurt us the most--even when it isn't intentional. I hope things get better with your family as you get better with you and your mental health. Just remember, you may be losing out on things with them, but they are losing out too, and by their own choice!
Yeah! It is their loss. Family is tough. They are supposed to be there for you but marriage changes things. I get that. I just never imagined this. But onward and upward. And lots of prayers.

Good for you, Silver, sharing, venting here. Sounds like you are making good of the situation. Family can be tough, I know. My best for you.
Thanks so much. I know this is just the internet but sometimes it really does help!

Thank you all again so much!! It really made a difference for me today. ::yes::

My nephew and his wife had a baby girl a couple days ago. I texted them my congratulations but heard nothing back. I do realize they are undoubtedly swamped.
Im happy for them yet sad for me. I havent much had contact with my family in more than a few years. I hear from my one remaining brother a couple times a year. I fell out of favor with them when I entered a major depressive decade. It was after all my decision to be depressed according to my SIL. Yea right!! Grrr
Because of this attitude the boys and my brother have followed her lead of disdain.

Ive come to terms with not having a family for the most part but stuff like this reminds me of what im missing. They only live 10 miles away so its just annoying. I do not ask them for anything. Im told they are embarrassed that I slid down the socioeconomic scale. They arent wealthy by any means so im not sure what's up with that. My brothers and I had a fairly privileged childhood but that was a looooong time ago.
Im sorry. I just had to rant. At least Im in a better place emotionally than a year ago.
Thanks for listening.

I am sorry you are hurting. You, in my opinion, are definitely the bigger and better person for reaching out and congratulating them. This does nothing to help the sting, I know.

I am so glad to read you are in a much better place now, than last year. I can’t comprehend a persons wealth attributing to how worthy they are iof you. You are enough ❤️

Lastly, this board is here for anything at all. Please don’t hesitate to post. Giant hugs to you, 🌈❤️👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

I am sorry you are hurting. You, in my opinion, are definitely the bigger and better person for reaching out and congratulating them. This does nothing to help the sting, I know.

I am so glad to read you are in a much better place now, than last year. I can’t comprehend a persons wealth attributing to how worthy they are iof you. You are enough ❤

Lastly, this board is here for anything at all. Please don’t hesitate to post. Giant hugs to you, 🌈👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
Thank you so much Mommasita. That means alot to me. I keep fighting anger. I don't wish to turn into an angry old lady! So I keep giving it to God and work on letting it go. Alot!:rolleyes: ha!
Thank you again! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter