• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

bumped off DVC site again

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
at 8 am today I had a BWV 2bed standard view ready to book. I did what it tells you to do (select this resort) and it was available but when it went to the next page it say service unavailable try again. I tried again it was going.

I called at 9am and just moved my ressie forward.

Sometimes the back arrow will allow you to go forward again. For a company that makes about 9 billion in profit each year, you would think that they could fix their websites. :sad2:

:earsboy: Bill

My experience has been that when I start the process before 8AM, I get bumped off. So I start right at 8AM. YMMV.

same thing happenned to me this morning at 8:00 .. I had my BWV studio Boardwalk view, choose contract, then , after the screen name, got the same message , andwhen I got back, studio was gone.... so frustrating...

Same here today at 8am. Wonder if its two (or more) people adding an identical reservation at the exact same time and the system can only catch itself after the initial request is processed. Seems like my experience and everyone else above show the room booked after the error so someone else got it.

This happened to me this morning. I've already lost out on the first 2 days and I was all excited when I was getting the last 4 days and then bam "sorry". I then started the process all over and it happened a second time so it doesn't matter if you start the process before 8AM or after 8AM. This was for Disneyland the place that doesn't have a cheap Disney option if you don't have DVC.

seems like we need to book much earlier in case the site knocks us out again and again and again

at 8 am today I had a BWV 2bed standard view ready to book. I did what it tells you to do (select this resort) and it was available but when it went to the next page it say service unavailable try again.

I didn't realize this issue was so prevalent. It happened to me twice on hard to book resies: BW at the 7 month window for early June, 2018 (and on that day not only did the room at 7 months book, but so did the next 3 days - so I was sol), & a couple of years ago at GCV (on this, I was able to book a room the next morning).

It has happened to me repeatedly in the same week. The ONE time I got to the next page with the room I wanted was no different a process, browser, etc than any of the other times I'd tried.

If you use a pop up blocker, disable it for your Disney sessions.

Last edited:
Happened to me too. Very frustrating.

Happened to me again this morning. I’m now using 2 devices, pc and iPad. Different browsers. This morning I got a selection on each and grabbed them, but never made it to the next screen on either. Booking Bwv at the 11 month window is such a pain for standard rooms. I’m only booking 2 nights will try again tomorrow. This was not planned, but after our 9/9/17 cruise was canceled, the family rebooked with the 25% discount for the first week of November.

Last edited:
If you use a pop up blocker, disable it for your Disney sessions.

I do have them disabled. Thank you, though. I'll take any suggestions.

seems like we need to book much earlier in case the site knocks us out again and again and again

Exactly. I just posted this on a thread about walking, but I'm going to share here.....

I get "system error" nearly every time I try to book. I am a new member and just wanted to see how it works, what's on the next screen, how fast the rooms really go, etc. I have been trying since early October!!! I have "had a room" at least 10 times and when I try to go to the next screen I get "system error" and I lose it. The one time it let me get to the 2nd screen, I just released the room as I wasn't really wanting to walk a res all the way to December. Now, I'm sorry I let it go. So, now I continue to try and if I get it, I will keep it and I will walk it.

I've cleared my history, tried different browsers, etc. I have tried on 4 different devices now. I will try my D's lightening fast Mac tomorrow morning because she will be home with it. I do think our internet speed kind of sucks. Nothing I can do about that right now. I've even started sitting right next to the box when I try. I guess my next approach will be to drive into work at 6:30 am and try from there.

This morning I had a room, got the error message, resubmitted, had room again, got error message again, 3rd time submitted room was gone. This is crap. I mean, the fact that I got the room the 2nd time means that most likely the 1st error message was NOT because the room was actually gone (like they let too many people have one) which is what I originally thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter