Bus from WL to MGM, AK or Epcot

RedE2Go

Earning My Ears
Can I take a bus directly from Wilderness Lodge to AK, MGM and Epcot? Or do I have to go to the TTC first, which is what I thought I read. That seems terribly inconvenient, especially for a Deluxe. Is it the same way for Downtown Disney? I'm getting concerned about bus service from this resort.
Thanks for your help.

As you probably know the WL has a boat that takes you to MK. The boat is shared with Ft. Wilderness.

We were at WL last month and the buses are shared with Ft. Wilderness. I can't remember which bus was shared with only the GF, but I think it was an AK morning bus.

We have stayed at WL several times and have found the buses to be fine. We go in the off season, so maybe that helps. Like most things at WDW you will find people that have had bad experiences with just about everything from restaurants, resorts, transportation, etc..

All of the buses leave from the resort, you do not have to go to the TTC. There is a bus that goes to the TTC and you can utilize it if you want to take the monorail to Epcot or to the monorail resorts and the MK.
We found that leaving the MK was faster if you took the resort monorail to the TTC and then the bus to the WL.

Wilderness Lodge has direct transportation to all four theme parks, plus Downtown Disney and the Transportation Center.

It depends on the time of day which resort WL shares with. Prior to 11am, WL shares with Grand Floridian. Post 11am, WL shares with Fort Wilderness, with the exception of DAK... which is GF all day long.

It depends on the time of day which resort WL shares with. Prior to 11am, WL shares with Grand Floridian. Post 11am, WL shares with Fort Wilderness, with the exception of DAK... which is GF all day long.

Well that explains why we couldn't ever figure the "pattern" out. I had thought prior to staying at WL that the only resort WL shared with was FW. Then we found a couple of times that we went to the Grand Floridian and we were a little puzzled. We left the resort at different times different days and we never could figure out where we'd be going when we left!:D

There was one time though that we stopped at the Poly, but it seems like the bus driver got a call to go there so maybe there was some special pickup or request??

"I'm getting concerned about bus service from this resort."

From our experience, you haven't got a thing to be concerned about. We were there from 12/19 - 01/01, one of the busiest times of year and found the transportation to be wonderful. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus, most times we had no wait at all. We also found the boats to be a quick and easy way to get back and forth from the MK. I read a lot of complaints about the transportation from WL but it just didn't exist for us. We were there long enough that I think we had time to see problems if any existed, but found not one thing to complain about. I tend to be a very impatient person, so if there had been delays and waits I would have noticed pretty quick!!

Originally posted by peachgirl
There was one time though that we stopped at the Poly, but it seems like the bus driver got a call to go there so maybe there was some special pickup or request??

Indeed... if a driver calls in a full bus, they'll sometimes re-route existing busses as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter