Bus or ride share to Disney Springs from Yacht Club?

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
I have dinner reservations at Summer House, which I think is on the West Side

I think ride share drops on the East side? So bus would be best?

Thanks!

A bus would drop you off at a more central location. But are you going to DS just to eat? Or do you intend to shop and sight see while there? Is walking a somewhat longer distance an issue for your party?

A bus would drop you off at a more central location. But are you going to DS just to eat? Or do you intend to shop and sight see while there? Is walking a somewhat longer distance an issue for your party?
It’s just me - I’m just going to eat. I’d rather keep the walking to a minimum

Thanks!

It’s just me - I’m just going to eat. I’d rather keep the walking to a minimum

Thanks!
I understand that you want to keep walking to a minimum -- but do you get motion sick?

After about three times of feeling queasy, I gave up on buses between Disney Springs and resorts near Yacht Club. Last time I used Minnie Van.

We are avowed bus riders. We like the buses and ALWAYS use them, with one exception. We never take a bus to or from Disney Springs.

I don't know what it is, but, it's almost like it's a different company providing DS bus service. In the past, for us, any bus service involving DS was horrible, long waits, non existent buses.

Lyft/Uber is our friend when it comes to DS.

We are avowed bus riders. We like the buses and ALWAYS use them, with one exception. We never take a bus to or from Disney Springs.

I don't know what it is, but, it's almost like it's a different company providing DS bus service. In the past, for us, any bus service involving DS was horrible, long waits, non existent buses.

It’s funny you say this. We drive to Walt Disney world and have a car but still take bus everywhere (except other resorts when going to eat) but when we go to Disney Springs we always drive or Uber. It feels like every time we have taken the bus there has been a very long wait or always an issue.

I understand that you want to keep walking to a minimum -- but do you get motion sick?

After about three times of feeling queasy, I gave up on buses between Disney Springs and resorts near Yacht Club. Last time I used Minnie Van.
No, I don’t…

It worked out great for me - dropped off just a short walk to where I needed

I’m almost at the point of giving up on Minnie Vans. I really couldn’t use them this time, but I tested - no matter what I do, they don’t show on LYFT

I’m checking out tomorrow and going to DS, so I could try MV …but that means waiting until I’m ready to go, and who knows if I could even arrange for it

Too bad they apparently don’t go to Brightline at the

I’m almost at the point of giving up on Minnie Vans. I really couldn’t use them this time, but I tested - no matter what I do, they don’t show on LYFT
Were you trying to go from somewhere on property to somewhere on property? It just shows up as one of the ride options if those conditions are met. I’ve never had to do anything special to find it.

Were you trying to go from somewhere on property to somewhere on property? It just shows up as one of the ride options if those conditions are met. I’ve never had to do anything special to find it.
Agreed, I've never had trouble seeing Minnie Van as an option when picking up on Disney property and dropping off on Disney property.

In fact, I can see Minnie Van as an option now, when I set pick up at Disney's Yacht Club and drop off at Disney Springs (and I'm nowhere near Florida, I just went onto the Lyft app to check).

I didn’t try it this time because I couldn’t really use it, but when I was here last May I tried using it for dinner and it never showed up.

We've always found getting to DS by bus is reasonably okay as long as you know when it's getting to your resort which you can check on the app, but getting one back often involves long waits. Except for this last year - we've been three times since September of last year, and it seemed like every time we were heading to the bus at DS, it was just pulling up - total luck! I do not count on this, however; I think we've used up our luck for a few years. We have just learned to allocate some extra time to get there and back and still take the buses.

DS is actually the one place on property I refuse to take regular rideshare to instead of a Minnie Van (except in the "I'm running late for LL/ADR in MK" scenarios). I once had a really bad experience with a regular Lyft driver who was new to the area and had no idea how the drop off situation worked there, and because it was my first time to DS I couldn't tell him any better. It put me off taking anything but Disney transportation there.

I will say though, last June we had great experiences with buses between the Poly and DS. On our Typhoon Lagoon day I was fully prepared to take rideshare back to the resort but the bus to DS was literally pulling up right as we walked out the park, so we just hopped on. And we waited maybe 5 minutes at DS for a bus back to Poly. Maybe we were just lucky but we had similar experiences when we went back there for dinner that night.

Actually, the ride shares drop off right behind the Cirque building. The Summerhouse restaurant is pretty close to there, IMO that’s closer than the bus stop drop off. And definitely closer than the YC stop.

Agreed, I've never had trouble seeing Minnie Van as an option when picking up on Disney property and dropping off on Disney property.

In fact, I can see Minnie Van as an option now, when I set pick up at Disney's Yacht Club and drop off at Disney Springs (and I'm nowhere near Florida, I just went onto the Lyft app to check).
I guess it’s just one of those things for me, doesn’t work. Next time I go to WDW, I’ll try again - I’ll keep trying until I succeed!

Actually, the ride shares drop off right behind the Cirque building. The Summerhouse restaurant is pretty close to there, IMO that’s closer than the bus stop drop off. And definitely closer than the YC stop.
We were dropped off there during covid, but didn't they move the ride share drop off to the old bus stop over by SSR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter