"But WHY did you do it?" Our Annual Disney Christmas trip PTR/TR Completed 10-17-11!!

After Goofy, we stood in line for Mickey for about 20 mins, then we headed to Blake's favorite "fishing buddies" statue. We went to africa to use our FP for Kilamangaro, the FP line was as long as the stand by line because apparantly some rhinos were in the way and decided to take their good old time moving :rotfl2:

We love the safari, I have notes that most animals due to the cold were far back i the brush today, except for the giraffes and its baby, the wildebeast and elephants and for once, the cheetah. We stopped at pizzafari next for a snack. Blake and I shared the Hot Italian Sandwich, which was smaller than we remembered, we paid OOP for it, but it was still good.

Then it was off to a Bugs Life! Can't miss this one, love all the posters out in front. The kids always seem SO much in this one when the spiders come down..yes it is scary. We dipped into Asia next to see the times for Everest, but even the single rider line was 1 hour, so decided it was a no go. I stopped in the tea store by the Royal Tea Cart to get my dad's Blueberry Green Tea I get for him every year, but they didn't have it. And the Dinosaur wait was 40 minutes. This was just not our day. So with the fastpass return time of 3:05-4:05, Blake and I both looked at each other and said.."do you wanna ride? I'm really tired..":rotfl:

So it was decided, we were tired and cold and came to an agreement to leave. First though, we got photopass pics in front of the tree of life and the christmas tree. We hopped on the bus at 2:30, grabbed 2 counter service credits at Pop...a Turkey ciabetta sandwich with an apple juice and cherry turnover for me and chicken alfredo, water and cherry turnover for Blake. I only ate about 1/2 of the sandwich, so we took the rest back to our room, and were in bed at 3:45 :rotfl:

I set the alarm for 5:30, but we got up about 6, watched tv until we decided we wanted to head to the arcade. We put our hoodies and sweatpants on and marched over. The 100 free points that you get in our Magic Your Way book only ends up equating to about $2 worth of tokens, which was 1 basketball game a piece and a skeeball for me. We ended up giving our tickets to a little kid. I of course won at basketball with an excellent score of 41-26. Take that and your buzzlight year wins! ;)

We were hungry and decide to split a Beef and Bleu sandwich with a water and a cookie. This was our last counter service meal. Don't you HATE that? When you realize all your fantastic meals are gone?! :sad2:

We thought we had 2 snacks left so we got apples with caramel to dip in and a chocolate soy milk, but we really had 3 left, so we grabbed another water for the morning. There has to be an easier way to do meal plan transactions. The lady in front of us had to have her snack credits, alcohol, resort mugs all rang up in different transactions, so I was getting grumpy and it took forever for her to finish so we could leave. We walked the long way back to the room, Blake got pictures in front of some characters, and the 1984 sign for our birth year. We saw that super nice south carolina couple again and wished them a great rest of their trip. We ended up laying down around 8:30 to the Santa Clause 3 on TV. We set our alarm for 4:30 am...dear lord :scared1:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday morning arrived. We were up at 4:30, showered, luckily we packed the night before and we were out the door at 5:05, ready for our 5:15 pick up time. THIS is the problem with early flights...OY, such an early pick up time!!

We checked out, made sure no charges to the room and off we went at 5:15 on the dot. We got to concourse A at 5:40, took the elevator to level 3, checked in and after some confusion at first, we jumped on the monorail after doing the annoying security ritual and getting one last look at the christmas tree in the hotel lobby. Our flight was on-time, thankfully we knew exactly what we wanted for breakfast when we arrived in Orlando. So I went to Starbucks, a mocha for Blake and a white chocolate mocha for me and grabbed au bun pain bagel sandwiches. YUM!! We ate happily and chilled out for a few until we walked toward our gate, number 124. Had some serious turbulence over charleston, which the piolet kindly let us know about ahead of time. But other than that, Blake's best friend picked us up from the airport and I went STRAIGHT TO WORK! :scared1:

And with that...I was FINISHED My 2010 Trip Report! Ta-da! Again, so sorry for that delay in between!

Stay tuned, the new PTR/TR is in the works :thumbsup2

Congrats on finishing :thumbsup2

When I get more time I will read it all from beginning to end...I tend to scan and then gaze at all the lovely Christmas pics.

You guys are a really cute couple. Thanks for writing the trip report :santa:

Congrats on finishing :thumbsup2

When I get more time I will read it all from beginning to end...I tend to scan and then gaze at all the lovely Christmas pics.

You guys are a really cute couple. Thanks for writing the trip report :santa:
Thanks!! Sometimes they just take forever to finish! I promise the next one will be excellent! ;)

I didn't realize you had a TR going. Just found it today! So I started backwards and read your last two updates first. Now I have to go back and read the whole thing.

Are we going to be there at the same time this December? Your Christmas pictures have me pretty psyched to be going back in December. It's been about three years. I love, love, love all the decorations.

Kona is one of my personal favs. I had the tuna oscar the last time I was there and it was really, really delish. I'm not a big uncooked food person, but it was excellent. Perfect! I've heard their steak is also quite good.

So, I am trying to get to bed early tonight. Been staying up too late lately, so I will be back to catch up.

I was thinking of you as I edited some more Salisbury pix that I took during parent weekend. I'll probably post a few with my next update. :goodvibes

YUP - looks like we are going to be there at the same time. Make sure you pm me when you start your PTR so I can see your plans. We are only going to be there for 5 nights since we are taking Nick out of school. I so wish we could stay a week. Oh well!

I didn't realize you had a TR going. Just found it today! So I started backwards and read your last two updates first. Now I have to go back and read the whole thing.

Are we going to be there at the same time this December? Your Christmas pictures have me pretty psyched to be going back in December. It's been about three years. I love, love, love all the decorations.

Kona is one of my personal favs. I had the tuna oscar the last time I was there and it was really, really delish. I'm not a big uncooked food person, but it was excellent. Perfect! I've heard their steak is also quite good.

So, I am trying to get to bed early tonight. Been staying up too late lately, so I will be back to catch up.

I was thinking of you as I edited some more Salisbury pix that I took during parent weekend. I'll probably post a few with my next update. :goodvibes
We've been going to WDW in December since 2005..I really wanna go during another time, like Food and Wine or the Flower Festival, but Blake and I just can't think of being anywhere else during the Christmas season except Disney!! :cloud9::wizard:
Oh I loved Kona SO much. The steak was amazing, but my gut was telling me to get the tuna, so I must try that the next time!

YUP - looks like we are going to be there at the same time. Make sure you pm me when you start your PTR so I can see your plans. We are only going to be there for 5 nights since we are taking Nick out of school. I so wish we could stay a week. Oh well!
We are we are!! I've got my PTR link posted a few posts above. We will definitely have to meet up and say hello! I've been trying to get a dis meet in with some of the girls, particularly christine, paula, jen (jolt), LL...just haven't been done at the same time before! So, I am totally stoked you'll be down there at the same time!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter