• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buy Umbrella stroller at Disneyland/Downtown Disney

hildyp

Earning My Ears
I'm in the process of planning a trip with my 6 year old granddaughter to Disneyland in July. We are WDW vets and go often since we only live 90 minutes away from the Orlando parks. She doesn't use a stroller when visiting the Orlando parks. However, we don't typically stay all day or walk back to the hotel midday.
We are flying so I don't want to buy an umbrella stroller in Florida and have to check it. I'm wondering if there is someplace in either downtown Disney or one of the parks where I can buy an umbrella stroller. We want to buy one, use it for the 4 days we are there (mostly for the walk back to the hotel and back) and then donate it to a family that may need it. I don't want to rent a Disney stroller because then we can't use it for the hotel walk.

Thank you!!

You might be able to buy one online and have it delivered to your hotel.

But I would give serious thought to your plan. Your granddaughter is 6 (which is pretty big for an umbrella stroller) and can handle the Orlando parks without a stroller at all. If you just need it for returning to the hotel, you may find that dragging it around with you for the entire time you are in the parks is not a great tradeoff. Having a stroller is a giant pain when you need it, it could become a real albatross when you don't need it. Perhaps instead of buying the stroller just use that money to take Uber to your hotel?

I have seen our guests buy umbrella strollers at Walmart or Target; which are within a short drive from the Disneyland Resort. I haven't seen them available for purchase in DTD or the parks.

If your hotel allows it, you can order one from Amazon or another site and have it delivered to the hotel.

HTH,
Kriss :tink:

Thank you both for your input. I hadn't thought about the burdance of the stroller the rest of the day.
Lyft/Uber may be a better option.

Which hotel are you staying at? On Harbor or one of the Disney hotels? Some are closer than others.

I would say do without and then if necessary you can always order from Amazon.

Back in December, I noticed umbrella strollers for sale in the Paradise Pier hotel gift shop. Not sure if the other hotels on property would have them.

Last year when our DD was six, we brought the stroller and used it a lot. She does not ride in the stroller anywhere else but DL. It’s not at all a burden to have it and at night when going back to the hotel it’s a big help. They’re exhausted by the end of the night so will most likely want to ride in the stroller.

We always bring our uppababy G-luxe, but I’ve heard on these boards recs for City Stroller rentals who will deliver the rental to your hotel and pick it up from there also.

I'm usually anti-older kids in strollers, but you might consider just renting a nicer one from one of the rental sites. We did WDW without a stroller for my six year old but we stayed on-site always took breaks so the walking really wasn't that bad. We just did an 11 hour day at Disneyland with her (now 7) and she did great, but the thought of her walking to the hotel on top of that makes me want to cry! Ubers could be an option, but I'm not sure where you would pick them up.

They sell them at Disneyland where you can rent strollers. You can also buy one at the first stand at the entrance (left hand side). I do agree with others, rent a nicer one.

You could rent one from an outside company that will deliver and pick up from your hotel. We've used City Strollers 3 times and always had a good experience. Keep in mind that if you use Lyft/Uber/a cab you'll need to bring a booster seat for the 6-year-old, as boosters are required for anyone under age 8 in California.

I’m going for a week with my 6 year old daughter starting Wednesday. :cheer2: We are staying at the Howard Johnson and I ordered a stroller from Amazon and had it delivered there. It arrived today and I’m kind of jealous that my stroller gets two more days of vacation than I do :laughing:

Rent one from Anaheim City Strollers. They'll deliver it to the hotel and pick it up from the hotel at the end of your stay. We used them once for our then 4 and 6 yr old DDs. Best money I spent on that trip! So glad we rented one!

Regarding booster seats, if your granddaughter can use a travel booster, look into Mifold and Bubblebum travel booster seats. Posters here give those two models good reviews, Both work with Uber/Lyft. Both can be stored in a tote bag or locker during the day in the parks. Amazon.com has good prices.

Thank you all for the great advice. I did not think about needing a booster seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter