Buying Scrapping stuff at WDW

bettyann29

<font color=blue>Heres my contribution for today..
I just started scrapping since my last WDW trip.. I will be there in 3 weeks and plan on picking up a few things.. I dont plan on going to DTD so I will have to keep an eye out in the stores around the parks.. Can I pretty much get the same thing at the stores in WDW or should I make a special trip to DTD one day?? I dont have a problem doing that but only want to do that if the stuff is different..

Also where in the stores do I look for the scrapping stuff? Is it generally found in a certain place in the store??

Thanks guys for all the help..

I think you will find that the items in your lss are better than the selection available at any of the stores in the parks. I may be in the minority but I felt the papers, which are packaged in sets, are really not something I would use alot. I know the gift shop at the Contemporary Resort has a good selection of everything available, but it is still very limited. Iam not sure a special trip to DTD would yield you any better choices.
HTH Deb :confused3

Totally agree with DeborahA. Lots more stuff to be found in the local stores. And don't forget your own imagination. I started making Disney scrapbooks before much of anything Disney was available. One of my favorites things (12 years ago) was small balloons. I punched out ears from matching paper and I had Mickey head balloons on lots of pages. One year I got creative and used paper dolls (Stick People) and made my own costumes to be like the clothes my 4 year old nephew wore on the trip along with some of his favorite characters (Buzz and Woody). That album is my favorite of all my 10 Disney albums. And my nephew just loves it. The only thing in the album that came from WDW (besides the pictures) was a few Buzz and Woody stickers. I am eager to make another Disney album and we are going back in May. I will look at what is available (we are NOT going to DTD) but will most likely use what I can find at home. We even have a scrapbooking store in the small town where we live and she is having a month long sale starting today. She stocks great stuff including Disney.

Haven't been to WDW in 2 years but I saw stickers and paper in several gift shops at resorts - not much but a few. I found the Buzz stickers at a souvenir kiosk in MGM.

I agree - it is not worth a special trip if you are only going for scrap supplies. I was just there 2 weeks ago and did not see anything there that was not at the parks. Now, you do have to keep your eyes open if you are after for example the full range of punches or the paper clips. That stuff was not common to all stores, but the paper packs and stickers, a few punches and scissors were at all.

I was pretty disappointed - my lss is awesome and has a much wider selection of supplies. There were a few papers in the packs at WDW I liked, but not enough to get the 3 sheets of It's a Small World paper or other ones that I personally wouldn't use. There were some neat sticker kits, but I don't need as many pieces of "2006" or whatever of what's in them. Ideally, if the pieces in the kits were available separately I would have bought stuff, but I know from a damage standpoint it is too much of a risk for writeoffs for WDW. Disney has many suppliers for scrap supplies outside of WDW, but none of that is available inside WDW - only "park exclusives". I really wanted to buy an album, but I've read of so many people that had trouble getting refills once home, that I didn't.

So, if you find something cool, grab it, but you may not get a lot that fits your scrap style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter