BW bakery has smell-o-vision!

LSchrow

life without the BWVs is <null and void>
i'm sure there's a better term for it tho :)
just got back from the BWV (5/7-5/17).
a few times every day, we passed by and/or entered the bakery, with the delicious scent of apple cinnamon wafting onto the BW.

we soon noticed that the scent of "apple pie" was only outside, not in the bakery. i went sniffing around (hopefully no one has photos of this), and found a vent left of the left door, below the window, blowing the aroma out.

apparently, it works - we saw ppl casually strolling the BW, then suddenly turning into the bakery when they hit the "scent spot" (the aroma dissipates further away, but remains concentrated under the canopies).

and another new BWV addition: they give "informative tours" of the BoardWalk, tracing the history of its origins (unfortunately, they are at 9AM, and i'm a firm believer in sleeping late on vacation:)).

Well, isn't that interesting.
So wish they'd restore this feature on Main Street.

So wish they'd restore this feature on Main Street.
guess i was still young and naive then :rolleyes2 i immediately thought of the "main street smell" when the apple pie aroma hit, but always assumed the MK scent was "real".

WDW scents immerse that last sense: i love that we often can tell which resort lobby we are in just by the smell, know exactly when norway is coming up (laila), feel like we really are in mexico, etc

:)

I found out a few years ago on a Beach club thread that Disney is really big on piping in 'scents' everywhere and we are not even aware of it. I have a visual of someone sniffing around outside the bakery - very funny - I would have done the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter