BWI Garden Cottage or CR TP View

ktink

DIS Veteran
We are getting ready to book our September 2025 trip & I'm torn between these 2. Travel party is just DH & myself. We've never stayed at CR & I've never really wanted to until I started looking into it more. The theme park view really appeals to me and I love being w/in walking distance to MK. We have stayed at BWI and it's one of our favorite resorts but the garden cottage would be a new experience for us & this is club level access.

I’m a big fan of trying the different Disney hotels (having stayed at all of them over the years).

Although I much prefer the Boardwalk Inn over the Contemporary, I suggest you try it for the new experience.

I’m a big fan of trying the different Disney hotels (having stayed at all of them over the years).

Although I much prefer the Boardwalk Inn over the Contemporary, I suggest you try it for the new experience.
That is my thinking as well. We are a house divided right now 🤣

We have stayed at BWI and it's one of our favorite resorts but the garden cottage would be a new experience for us & this is club level access.
We never cared for the BWI Garden cottages. One stay and done. They are 2 story with the bedroom up a very steep set of stairs. It takes many extra steps outside + elevator to reach the CL lounge on the 4th floor of the main building. Just not as convenient as walking down the short hall. If you are looking at the BWI a regular CL room is normally cheaper than the Cottages.

We would vote for a CR TP view in this situation.

Dave

Add me to the BWI list. CR was a one and done for us. Terrace was too small to sit on, we stayed CL and the food didn’t appeal. Was nice to be able to walk to MK and met some nice guests there though.

Never stayed in the garden cottage but BWI has so much going for it overall.

The garden cottages are my favorite rooms on property. I love how quiet it is. It’s a true slice peace in the middle of Disney madness. It is not for everyone , some don’t like the location, how it’s not near the lounge, and that it’s 2 floors.

The vibe of the two could not be more different. The garden cottages have always struck me as being very romantic. The CR TP view is like staying in Times Square or on the Las Vegas Strip--you are in the middle of the action.

So I think it really depends on what y'all are looking for, for this trip. But, you can always do the other one next time!

The vibe of the two could not be more different. The garden cottages have always struck me as being very romantic. The CR TP view is like staying in Times Square or on the Las Vegas Strip--you are in the middle of the action.

So I think it really depends on what y'all are looking for, for this trip. But, you can always do the other one next time!
You are so right! Oddly enough I love both vibes 🤣

The garden cottages are my favorite rooms on property. I love how quiet it is. It’s a true slice peace in the middle of Disney madness. It is not for everyone , some don’t like the location, how it’s not near the lounge, and that it’s 2 floors.
I've been eyeing the cottages for years. I love watching YouTube reviews on them. I think the location wouldn't bother us until towards the end of our stay. 🤣

I’m a long-time CR fan and I love the TP view rooms. We used to stay there a night or two before or after a DVC vacation, sometimes on the concierge floor. I am not thrilled with the “Incredibles” theming, but that’s just me. We tend to book BLT instead, although (much-needed) refurbishment is taking place now. The convenience to the MK is unmatched. And I agree checking out new (to you) resorts is a lot of fun

Funny story. Several years ago I booked a stay at BW for a trip with my daughter. They screwed up the reservations and ended up upgrading us to the garden cottages. We walked in and my daughter instantly said Dad there’s only one bed. 😂 Quickly realized that the couch is a pull out.

Thought the accommodations were fantastic. Lots of room big screen tv, two bathrooms. Would stay there again in a heart beat assuming I’m not paying full price

We never cared for the BWI Garden cottages. One stay and done. They are 2 story with the bedroom up a very steep set of stairs. It takes many extra steps outside + elevator to reach the CL lounge on the 4th floor of the main building. Just not as convenient as walking down the short hall. If you are looking at the BWI a regular CL room is normally cheaper than the Cottages.

We would vote for a CR TP view in this situation.

Dave

I agree with this. We stayed in one a few years ago and, honestly, didn't see the point. They are cute from the outside, but strangely laid out, IMHO, and so far from the CL lounge. We also had a very bad experience there. The cottages are located on the backside of the Boardwalk restaurants/deli, etc. Engineering decided to do work on whichever restaurant was behind us at about 3:00 am one morning and was drilling into the wall behind our bed. It was awful and took several calls to get them to stop. I've stayed at BWI multiple times and have always had noise issues (the walls are paper thin). I think we are done with that resort.

Maybe a bit off-topic, but n terms of CL, I gave up on it many years ago. We don't drink alcohol, so the value in terms of food/beverage just isn't there. When DH and I are going alone and want to splurge a little, we opt for 1-bedroom villas at DVC resorts - BCV, VGF and BRV are our favorites - and I just order groceries so we have our own "lounge". I love that the bedroom has no exterior hallway door. I find these rooms to be incredibly quiet and relaxing.

OP, in your case, with only these two choices, I would to CR TPV. CR isn't my favorite resort, but it is, obviously, very convenient to MK. If I were going to do TPV on the monorail, I would opt for Poly or GF, honestly. If you really want to do CL, I would price out a standard CL room at WL, if at all interested. Those rooms typically have a fairly nice view of the MK fireworks and the monorail. In terms of CL in the MK area, it's the best-bang-for-your-buck IMHO.

Personally, we like the lake view at the Contemporary better than the theme park view and it is a lower price with more to see. Theme park view is mostly a view of the parking lot and you can see the tops of the tallest MK buildings. With the balcony on the lake view side, you can enjoy the lake/boats and see a good bit of the Contemporary (and at a lower price).

Personally, we like the lake view at the Contemporary better than the theme park view and it is a lower price with more to see. Theme park view is mostly a view of the parking lot and you can see the tops of the tallest MK buildings. With the balcony on the lake view side, you can enjoy the lake/boats and see a good bit of the Contemporary (and at a lower price).

I completely agree with this - much nicer view of the lake, boats, electric water pageant and, from the higher floor, nice view of the EP fireworks in the distance.

Theme park view is better for the Magic Kingdom fireworks, but a waste if you are not in the room for them.

I agree that the view from the lake side is much better overall.

We watched the fireworks from that outdoor patio area on the same floor as Chef Mickey's but the opposite end of the building. Just walk past the gift shops and out the doors. I think some others indicate that was the 4th floor depending on how you count those lower level 'floors' @ Contemporary.

You are making me think of spending money, LOL.
I read that they refurbished a few rooms to make them wheelchair accessible so I’m doing more research to see if they are available around the 4th of July. If no accessible cottages are available I could always sleep on the couch bed and leave upstairs for my traveling companion. In this instance, I like the idea of one of us gathering lounge goods and coming back downstairs to sit around like couch potatoes 😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter