BWI to MCO fare increases

katallo

DIS Veteran
Has anyone noticed the "significant" price increase flying from BWI to MCO? At first we thought it might have something to do with the fact SW is planning a major project at BWI but then we noticed we can fly to other cities at reasonable rates. A nonstop flight to Orlando can cost up to 209.00 one way. The lowest fares are 91.00 and they are usually midweek only. BWI to Denver showed flights for 69.00 so maybe it's just Florida.

I didn’t play around with other cities but noticed that they are now higher as well. We flew out of Reagan instead for cheaper (slightly).

That is a possibility but BWI is closer for us. It's just odd. I think we would consider the higher pricing of the flight times were decent. We have two upcoming trips and we are trying Jet Blue for one (for the first time) and even with extra fees we saved a little.

I just tried JetBlue coming back from MCO for the same reason and had a great experience.

It's awful! We were luckily able to snag a good rate for our trip in November, but for a while I was really contemplating flying into Philly since their prices were so much cheaper.

If Denver were to become the most popular theme park destination in the world, you'd see those prices go up, too.

More people want to go to Orlando, so they can charge more. Supply and demand.

You might check out flights to Tampa, a few times I've found they were cheaper then MCO and even with a car rental (airport to airport). Might be worth a look.

Honestly, I think flights everywhere are on the rise. We look at airports within a 4 hour drive in 5 different states and there has been an upward trend. It's not surprising. The economy is good and the price of everything else has risen exponentially while airfare prices have seen very little change in 30 years.

Over the weekend I looked at flights at the end of January from BWI to MCO and then checked again today for the same dates. Down $50. Too bad we have to drive, for the last time, in January.

I haven’t seen a good sw fare out of bwi in a long time. I flew SW out if Dulles last feb for a great price, but they took most of the nonstops away out of Dulles now. I stick with jetblue most trips, but only one nonstop a day out of bwi stinks. I won’t go to Reagan. 2 hours on a good day and parking twice the price of bwi.

Yes, I have noticed that the fares here in NH are going up as well. A couple of months ago we snagged a reasonable Fall Sale price for a mid week flight in November for our trip south. I think they were $105 or $110. Of course we have the flexibility to fly mid week. Weekend flights were quite a bit higher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter