BWV and Noise

MJS

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about staying at the BWV on our upcoming trip. We are not DVC members, but are thinking about it, and wanted to give the BWV a try. Standard view is the type of one bedroom villa available to us. One of my concerns is noise. With that view I would doubt that we would be near the Boardwalk, but how is the overall noise level in the resort? I read a post that said that the walls are pretty thin, so there is alot of noise from other rooms and the hallway. Is there a quiet area to request? Thanks!

Hello,
I have been to BWV only once, there are many people here on these boards that have been there many times, and they can help you out more than I. However, my experience at boardwalk
was a bit noisy, we had a standard view, the outside noise was not a problem, we were overlooking the front of the hotel off to the right. The problem was one day I had stayed back due to a migraine. My intent was to rest, I was unable to because of all the noise comming from upstairs, I swear they were moving the furniture around. The funny thing was we were on the top floor.
There was not a room above us, I can only guess that it was a storage room of sorts. You can hear people in the hallways, but it doesn't seem to be any worse than any other hotel. I had thought that because the BWV was a late night spot that there would be a lot of noise at night, there wasn't it was quite quiet.
It's a nice resort to stay, you won't be dissapointed.
Good Luck!

We've stayed at the BW four times now.... we go for 2 weeks at at a time. First, the BW walls are NOT thin at all... They are very quiet.... If you have a room with a connecting door, there will be noise due to that... Three of our trips have been in a standard view room, and they are VERY VERY quiet.... I don't think you can go wrong with the standard view at BW!

We had a 1BR standard view in June--rm. 3121--and no problems with noise. We were gone most days. Our view overlooked the bridge going out to the parking lot, and we could hear the fountain in the canal if we were on the balcony.
Robin M.

We've stayed at BWV in studios twice. There was not an in room noise problem, unless you count the random telephone calls / hangups on checkout morning.

We did have some noise when the balcony door was open and the people below us were having lots of balcony activity. No problem if we closed our door.

I've stayed in Boardwalk View Studio's and Standard 1 Br with the most recent being 3123 (love that room) this July. I have never had a problem with noise. With regards to the unit on the boardwalk side; if you had the balcony doors open during the peak time (evenings) you could hear the noise coming from outside but as soon as you closed those doors it was gone. Even the fireworks from Epcot were not bad with the doors closed.

Love that place....I think you will too!

We were just at BWV on the 2nd floor, BW view just over the DVC Sales Office. We did not find noise to be a problem at all. We heard nothing from the rooms around us except when we were in the hallway.

hi: the only problem we've ever had with noise was through the connecting door. there was a loud, irate gentleman in the next room. all the hub-bub was over in a few minutes. the teens were in the living room laughing over this guy's antics. you would have heard this gentleman no matter what resort you were in.

We've only stayed at BWV once but unfortunately we did have a definite problem with noise. Our studio was on the second floor but near the dance hall. On weekends (a couple of years ago, I don't about now), the entertainment at the dance hall was outdoors. We had an early flight the next morning but were forced to stay awake til after midnight even after several call to the front desk to complain. I think I was naive to think my calls would make a difference. There was also construction during the day but that could happen anywhere. The only other noise were the frequent boat horns. All-in-all, I prefer a quiet atmosphere. Perhaps another location at BWV would have been better.

We've had the Boardwalk view and the standard view (facing the parking lot area). At night the Boardwalk was so crowded my daughter had a hard time going to sleep because of the noise. The standard view noise only consisted of children running through the hallways or adults in loud conversation walking to their rooms. No different from a typical family-style resort, though. It is still a great place to stay - we're going again in December and then next June!!!

I own at BWV and like it a lot. I have been quite disturbed by noise with the Boardwalk view. You will hear the boats blowing their horns early in the morning, throughout the day, and at night. You get used to it, but it can be annoying at first. The most noisy part of BW view for us happens on the weekend nights as the bars below close. The partiers forget that there are sleeping guests right above them. They hoot and holler and wake up my child every time. I have not had noise from the hall or other rooms, but the noise of the BW games, the buzzers and bells can be quite loud as well if you go to bed early or are a light sleeper. I thought next trip there, we would definitely not request the BW view eventhough I love to look out at the water.

Our trip last year put us in the grandvilla, directly under the Boardwalk sign. We wondered about the noise, but it was not a problem at all. Once we closed the balcony doors, it shut out almost all of the noise. A few bells and whistles from the games, but they were over early enough for us. We found that the action on the boardwalk was an added feature. Several evenings we sat out and enjoyed all of the hub bub of the boardwalk, with out actually being in the crowd, and we had a fantastic view of the fireworks. We decided if we are going to invest the extra points to stay at boardwalk, the standard view would just not be worth it. When we want those extra early, out in the middle of no where quiet evenings, we go to OKW. Afterall what is the boardwalk all about, action. But truly, the noise inside was never even what we expected to encounter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter