• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV Dedicated Studio?

TagsMissy

It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.
Am I correct thinking BWV's have dedicated studios in the boardwalk view category? I'm wondering if it's worth requesting one of these rooms. Or just going with the standard I have used in the past "High Floor/Far form Elevator"

See http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg There are eight dedicated studios with boardwalk view. Personal belief is that BWV boardwalk view is THE best view on site (and I have had BLT theme park view which I consider quite inferior to boardwalk view). Nevertheless there is nothing wrong with standard view if you want to save the points.

Am I correct thinking BWV's have dedicated studios in the boardwalk view category? I'm wondering if it's worth requesting one of these rooms. Or just going with the standard I have used in the past "High Floor/Far form Elevator"
Since they no longer have the Studio Plus connotation, I don't think you can even request a dedicated studio at BWV.

Unless there's a particular reason you want to have a dedicated studio I'd stick with your "usual" to provide the most flexibility. The dedicates all seem to be right over each other so you could end up on the 2nd-5th floor otherwise.

See http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg There are eight dedicated studios with boardwalk view. Personal belief is that BWV boardwalk view is THE best view on site (and I have had BLT theme park view which I consider quite inferior to boardwalk view). Nevertheless there is nothing wrong with standard view if you want to save the points.

We already have a BWV-boardwalk view studio booked. I was simply asking if there was any benefit of requesting one of the dedicated rooms; not a debate on what resort has the best view. :)

We already have a BWV-boardwalk view studio booked. I was simply asking if there was any benefit of requesting one of the dedicated rooms; not a debate on what resort has the best view. :)

One time I asked to request a dedicated 1 bedroom and was told my reservation already showed it. They actually do book dedicated or lockoff behind the scenes because they have to keep count of the lockoffs that can be split. They told me they book dedicated first, my reservation was at 11 months. The fact that they don't actually show it on the reservation leaves it open to change if they need to.

One time I asked to request a dedicated 1 bedroom and was told my reservation already showed it. They actually do book dedicated or lockoff behind the scenes because they have to keep count of the lockoffs that can be split. They told me they book dedicated first, my reservation was at 11 months. The fact that they don't actually show it on the reservation leaves it open to change if they need to.

That makes sense actually :) I hadn't thought of that before. I just entered my standard high floor/far from elevator and wish for the best! There's nothing like an early morning coffee on the veranda as you look over the lake and boardwalk. We had intended on trying a new DVC resort this trip but BWV kept on calling us :)

I am very excited about our first stay in a Boardwalk view studio next month. I have already done online checkin and the choices didn't include upper floor. I chose close to lobby as the hallways look very long. I'm not sure if this is a good choice or not. Any thoughts?

The funny thing is that I read your post to ask if you should stick with "going with the standard" view studio or have a boardwalk view. Now I read it the way you meant it. :) So I think drusba was just trying to be helpful in that regard, not trying to debate best views.

I am very excited about our first stay in a Boardwalk view studio next month. I have already done online checkin and the choices didn't include upper floor. I chose close to lobby as the hallways look very long. I'm not sure if this is a good choice or not. Any thoughts?

you might want to ammend that to "close to elevators". close to lobby is more likely to land you on the lobby level (2nd floor).
you can call MS and add upper floor for a better view.

the views are fantastic from the 4th and 5th floors (and definately something i would recommend at least for the first time), but you are more depensdent on the single elevator bank. after many, many :rolleyes1 BWV studio (and a few 1bdrm) stays however, we actually prefer the lower floors, using the multiple stairwells throughout the resort (also love, LOVE the huuuuuuuge balcony on the 2nd floor).

Personal belief is that BWV boardwalk view is THE best view on site (and I have had BLT theme park view which I consider quite inferior to boardwalk view).

:scared1: This is a formal request that you stop advertising this information. Sometimes the best kept secret is best kept secret! :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

:scared1: This is a formal request that you stop advertising this information. Sometimes the best kept secret is best kept secret! :thumbsup2

Never fear, Bill. I have no desire for the BW view. I prefer the OKW golfcourse or Trumbo Canal view over the BW view any day.

... Personal belief is that BWV boardwalk view is THE best view on site (and I have had BLT theme park view which I consider quite inferior to boardwalk view). ....

remember when BW view was "just a request", and the thrill of the first time? ....walking thru the room, opening the drapes, and walking out on the balcony - total, jaw-dropping awe:cloud9:
once it became a booking category, it was still pretty easy to book....but as people stayed there, it has become difficult to get, sometimes even at 11 months....we're still waitlisted (since 10 1/2 months) for 2 nights in oct :(

kinda wish the secret hadn't gotten out ;)

BWV has become our second favourite resort after our home at BLT.... we had a master plan to try all the resorts before returning to a place we'd been at before ((other than BLT which we always make a stop at)) but we broke that plan and booked BWV again this trip as our non- BLT portion of vacation.

We still need to try VWL, BCV and OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter