BWV Grand Villa at 7 months?

snyderla

<font color=red>DVC Lori<br><font color=navy>DH lo
Ok, how deluded am I to think we have a chance of getting a BWV Grand Villa a 7 months the week of Halloween during Food and Wine Festival?
Any hints or tips? There will be 11 of us and we usually stay at OKW in a 2 BR and a studio, but think BWV would be awesome for a change!

Lori

Honestly I dont think your chances are very good. If you cant get it hopefully OKW will be available. I love the OKW GVs! Good luck.

I have to agree - very small chance. There are only 7 GVs and that time of the year is very popular. At a minimum, you'd have to waitlist and hope for pixie dust

There should be some Pool/Garden 1 & 2 bedrooms available for that week at 7 months and maybe even some studios. Why not go for a 2 bedroom plus either a studio or a 1 bedroom? It would be less points than the GV and still give you that great location for F&W.

Just booked 3br at Saratoga springs for the first week of october with no problem

I agree with the above posters that a grand villa will be hard to book....I own at BWV and didn't book one at the 11 month mark last October.....and there was no availability when I looked at 10 months .....

You'd be lucky to get anything at all at BWV or BCV at seven months out for the end of October.

You'd be lucky to get anything at all at BWV or BCV at seven months out for the end of October.
Maybe, but I am not so sure. Last time I checked, Pool/Garden is still available, along with scattered nights for standard and Baordwalk views. That bodes well for at least a few people. I don't think the GVs will be an option at 7 months, though.

You should assume no chance for a BWV GV or anything for a week that is boardwalk or standard view. Also, even pool/garden view could be gone or at least have two or more nights missing when you go to reserve. Moreover, you will have the quick reserve issue in that if you do not reserve exactly 7 months out at 8 a.m. on-line, anything that might be open could disappear very quickly, e.g., gone before 9 for those who call MS. I mention that because I am guessing you already have something at your home resort and if you need the points from the reservation, you will, to book early on-line, have to cancel what you have and then try to make a new booking on-line at 8 and you will face risk with BWV that what you want can disappear while doing that.

Thank you all so much. I'm looking at OKW now, too. I really like the location at BWV, and the fact that the Grand Villa's are all on 1 floor. But the 2 Bedrooms are so tiny in the common areas. That's why we usually stay at OKW when we stay in a 2BR with a large group. Hmmm, I need to make this decision quickly. SSR would be good too, but even though I own there I haven't booked any place yet. Poor planning...

OKW at 7 months out for a GV is likely to be very difficult for that week. Other size rooms should be readily available. As to SSR, I would not worry; it is always open at 7 months out, year round, for GVs and other rooms except on occassion treehouses. Thus, you should have no downside risk waiting it out until 7 months out. A different option might be AKV where it is possible that Kidani GVs could be open. Also, Kidani's 2BRs are large and include a third bathroom, although they are not as large as OKW's 2BRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter