BWV Renovation

We are in a garden/pool view room. Last yr, our room was literally right by the lobby. Great location! Room location is more important to us than a refurbished room. Was just wondering what the likelihood of a refurbished room was for that location. Will update on Saturday at check in.

I thought these were to all be completed by November??

I thought these were to all be completed by November??
I thought so too. I was shocked to see almost the entire standard section not done except the 5th floor. It's going to be crazy during f&w.

Do you mean the studio portion of the room had the murphy bed? I believe the one bedrooms are not getting the additional bed.

I was recently in VWL refurbed room, and they had painted the kitchen cabinets with latex paint and a roller-- left roller marks all over the cabinets and anyone with a clue about paint knows that latex paint does not stick to the original lacquer or pigmented varnish that is on the cabinets-- There were already spots that the paint was peeling. Hope they will learn from this---
Who ever did the work should be made to come back and redo it. If it was any of own houses that were being worked on of course we would make them come back and fix them

We stayed in a refurb studio pool view and it was beautiful. My DD is 11 and complained about the bed the Murphy bed that she kept bumping her head. My DS who is 6 inches taller than her didn't complain at all so I think it depends on the person.

hmm if we want to use the pools at the BCV (they have the best pools in my opinion), would you guys say its best to stay at BWV and walk over to swim at BCV, since BWV has the refurbished rooms?

hmm if we want to use the pools at the BCV (they have the best pools in my opinion), would you guys say its best to stay at BWV and walk over to swim at BCV, since BWV has the refurbished rooms?
The pool hopping perk does not apply to any of the pools at the BC/YC/CV.

You cannot use the pools at the BC/YC/BCV unless you are staying at one of those resorts. The CMs scan your MB for entry.

IMHO, It makes no sense to me that a one bedroom only sleeps 4 while a studio can accommodate 5. That being said, I'm so disappointed with the studio having that horrible pop down table right on top of the tv. So disappointed, that I'll never take a studio at the BW again, as long as this is the lay out. I understand a party of 5 wants to use the studio's, but whoever came up with putting two chairs and a table a foot from a t.v. screen should be fired.
A "deluxe" accommodation in any hotel/timeshare anywhere in the world that doesn't allow the comfort of sitting in a chair at a table to watch t.v. is outrageous. One could do so in an economy hotel for pete's sake! JMO but this is hideous to me. And I can't figure out why they made a studio sleep 5 and not a one bedroom. Could put a sleeper chair (like at AKV) in a one bedroom so much more easily and no one thought of that? Weird to me. I have an all adult party of 5 coming and I could only get a one bedroom. I called to make sure I could put 5 names on the room and was told yes, but there's only bedding for 4 in a one bedroom. One of my cousins is tiny and could so easily sleep in a pull out chair! We have to bring a blow up mattress and bedding to fit 5 in a one bedroom. Just makes zero sense to me.

For those of you who are happy with the studio's, I'm happy for you that it can accommodate your travel parties. But for our family, studio's at the BW are a no go. We own there for coming up on 16 years and this renovation is the worst we've seen there. Oh well, I don't love the BW any less, it's just that now I have to use more points to be comfortable in a room there.....

It's being reported that people with BW view rooms for upcoming weeks are being called and offered a deal to relocate to different category rooms because they are a month behind in the renos & presently have an entire floor of BW views rooms unaccessible due to the renovations. We go in two weeks & have a BW view...we better not get "the call"!!! We rarely get a BW view, especially during F&WF, so I'd be pretty heartbroken.

*source: the main BWV thread*

It's being reported that people with BW view rooms for upcoming weeks are being called and offered a deal to relocate to different category rooms because they are a month behind in the renos & presently have an entire floor of BW views rooms unaccessible due to the renovations. We go in two weeks & have a BW view...we better not get "the call"!!! We rarely get a BW view, especially during F&WF, so I'd be pretty heartbroken.

*source: the main BWV thread*
I have been reading about these calls. Today when we got a Disney call, i was holding my breath. But it turned out to be one of the "Welcome home, is there anything we can do for your upcoming trip?" calls. There is only one BW view HA one bedroom, so hoping we don't have a problem. Our trip is 3 weeks away so we may still be displaced.
When we were at BWV in March it seemed like the rehab was moving right along. I wonder if they ran into some unexpected issues? I had been hoping for a refurbished room but now I am just hoping we get our room--2049.

IMHO, It makes no sense to me that a one bedroom only sleeps 4 while a studio can accommodate 5. That being said, I'm so disappointed with the studio having that horrible pop down table right on top of the tv. So disappointed, that I'll never take a studio at the BW again, as long as this is the lay out. I understand a party of 5 wants to use the studio's, but whoever came up with putting two chairs and a table a foot from a t.v. screen should be fired.
A "deluxe" accommodation in any hotel/timeshare anywhere in the world that doesn't allow the comfort of sitting in a chair at a table to watch t.v. is outrageous. One could do so in an economy hotel for pete's sake! JMO but this is hideous to me. And I can't figure out why they made a studio sleep 5 and not a one bedroom. Could put a sleeper chair (like at AKV) in a one bedroom so much more easily and no one thought of that? Weird to me. I have an all adult party of 5 coming and I could only get a one bedroom. I called to make sure I could put 5 names on the room and was told yes, but there's only bedding for 4 in a one bedroom. One of my cousins is tiny and could so easily sleep in a pull out chair! We have to bring a blow up mattress and bedding to fit 5 in a one bedroom. Just makes zero sense to me.

For those of you who are happy with the studio's, I'm happy for you that it can accommodate your travel parties. But for our family, studio's at the BW are a no go. We own there for coming up on 16 years and this renovation is the worst we've seen there. Oh well, I don't love the BW any less, it's just that now I have to use more points to be comfortable in a room there.....

I think 5 in studios that were sized and designed for 4 is ridiculous and totally agree about the stupid table.

The sleeper chairs were deemed a fire hazard for the 1 bedrooms at the BWV, BCV and WLV as the lounge area is so small that the char would have to block the bedroom exit when open.

Here's my update. Just returned from bwv 2 days ago. We rode up the elevator with two construction supervisors and I asked them when the construction would be done and they said April 2016. We were not surprised because they are barely half way done. They are still in the building that is on the right when heading to the elevator from the lobby. They have not begun on any floor from floors 1-4 in the building on the left of the elevator (the laundry room side). Except the 5th floor. That is the only floor that is done in that building. Since its been about 4 months so far, I'm guess at least another 4 months after they start in the other half of the resort. And the parking lot near the tennis court is still very limited and filled with construction equipment, plus the construction crew is parking there too. We head back in 4 weeks. Hoping not to get relocated out of the resort. We are booked in a standard studio for 15 nights, plus another standard studio for a week for the family. Btw, don't kill the messenger, I'm just reporting what I uncovered and was tolded by the construction supervisors. I too have a vested interest in this too since we are there during F&W like every year.

IMHO, It makes no sense to me that a one bedroom only sleeps 4 while a studio can accommodate 5.
It does make sense if you look at the floor plan for a 2BR lockoff at BWV. The connecting door is in the living area of the 1BR so there isn't enough wall space for a drop down bed and they would block the doorway if they put a sleeper chair in that corner.

That being said, I'm so disappointed with the studio having that horrible pop down table right on top of the tv.
I agree. A table like that would be fine in an RV, but does not belong in a "deluxe" hotel room.

I understand a party of 5 wants to use the studio's, but whoever came up with putting two chairs and a table a foot from a t.v. screen should be fired.
There probably wasn't any other way to keep a table in the room and add a bed for a 5th person in which case I would have preferred that they left the room as it was. However, guests looking to cram five into a studio probably don't spend much time in the room and don't care about the layout and are happy about how many points they are saving. Those of us who like to spend time enjoying the room as well as the parks lost out.

From Disney's perspective, it's a win-win. When trying to sell PVB they can show perspective buyers "Look how many DVC resorts have studios that sleep five!" to help with sales to those who can only afford a small contract. At the current outrageous price/point, I expect there are a lot of buyers in that situation. Also, by increasing the number of guests per studio on the DVC side of the resort, they can shift more of the common expenses to BWV owners since the cost split is based on the number of guests on the DVC side vs the number of guests staying in the Inn. So overall, I believe Disney made these room modifications to help Disney make more money and not to benefit current BWV owners, and we paid for the renovation costs to boot!

And you just brought up another benefit to Disney with this change, namely that those of us who are appalled at what they have done to the studios will upgrade to a 1BR, helping even out occupancy (since 1BRs are always the last room category to go) and maybe causing some people to buy more points.

We are currently waiting on ROFR for BWV. The renovation was one of the reasons I pushed to purchase now. I'm pretty excited about the renovation, as our kids are young enough that 5 in a studio fits our family well.

We just got back and had a renovated one bedroom on the 4th floor of BWV facing the Luna Pool. Only half the 4th floor was completed, so we were really happy to have this room. I think they did a great job on it although I do miss the shelf in the old shower. But as others have said, they are no where near done. There was a little construction noise during the day -- nothing excessive.

We head back in 4 weeks. Hoping not to get relocated out of the resort. We are booked in a standard studio for 15 nights, plus another standard studio for a week for the family.

Please update us after your next trip. We will be there in November in a standard and I'll be curious to hear about your observations.

I agree that the studios that have the larger floor plans should be the only ones to get the murphy bed and sleep 5. It works out ok at Poly and VGF, because there is room for the murphy bed and still have a real table and chairs the way the rooms are designed, and doesn't interfere with the connecting door. The other resorts weren't set up that way, and most have less square footage to work with (I especially hope that they won't ever try to put murphy beds in the BLT studios, lol). Although I keep telling people they can put an extra person out on the balcony if it's not raining, lol. Hey now studios can sleep 6! :teeth:

We are here currently, on the first floor with a view of the quiet pool. There are workmen hauling all kinds of stuff past our room - couches, framed pictures, dressers, even big chunks of bathroom wall tile! Our room has not been renovated yet, but it sure needs it!

Does there seem to be an order they are doing the rehab in? We have a one night reservation in January and I just assumed everything would be completed by then. I am wondering if we should switch resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter