BWV Studio vs BCV 1 Bedroom Dilemma

BWV Studio or BCV 1 Bedroom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tatebeck

Mouseketeer
Recent DVC owner here. We have a stay booked for mid October for a Halloween trip. Just my wife and I. We had booked a studio at one of our home resorts BWV. At the 7 Month window the first couple nights were available at a 1 bedroom at BCV. We are debating whether to cancel those days at BWV to stay in the BCV 1 bedroom or to keep the BWV days.

Pros to BWV:
-Less point cost vs the BCV 1 Bedroom-around 35 points (not a huge issue, we bought in with more points than we strictly need and already had/have trips in Feb, May, October, Dec and Jan with a few points left over for our 2024 use year lol)
-Would be our first Villas stay at this home resort (our BWV contract was semi-stripped)

Pros to BCV:
-1 bedroom - More room, and we haven't had a 1 bedroom yet, but curious to try it!
-Harder to book rooms at BCV unless you are owners
-Can use our other "less desirable" points from our AKV and BLT (while it's under renovation) contracts and save some BWV points for later (since the contract was semi-stripped)

What would you guys do??

Ooo fun! As someone who has done a few stays in a 1bdrm for 2 people I’d say go for it, especially since you have the points! Mid-Oct will probably still be warm enough to make use of SAB and like you said, BCV isn’t often available at the 7mo mark, even less likely during the fall.

Only downside is how much you’ll love having a 1bdrm and will want to book them more often 😏

I think it is good to experience all of the DVC resorts at one time or another, so this would be as good a time as any to do BCV and BWV. Every resort has advantages and disadvantages and you need to weigh all of those things for yourself. Enjoy! Love Disney World at that time of year!

The 1BR at BCV have been recently updated, including Murphy beds. The pool, the easy access to walk to EPCOT for the festivals (which we enjoy - not sure if you do!!), and the larger room (including a wash/dry, which can help a lot with packing less!). Easy choice for us, so we'd recommend it.

A lot of votes for the 1 bedroom so far! Where are all the point-pinchers I hear so much about 😂

Or is someone eyeing the BWV studios hoping I drop those days?
I love the idea of being smart with my points but the reality is I’m an enabler and big on splurging lol 1bdrm! 1bdrm! 1bdrm!

(That being said we went from having 250 points last year to 575 points this year because I keep doing this and burned through most of our 2024 points already so maybe don’t listen to me)

I love the idea of being smart with my points but the reality is I’m an enabler and big on splurging lol 1bdrm! 1bdrm! 1bdrm!

(That being said we went from having 250 points last year to 575 points this year because I keep doing this and burned through most of our 2024 points already so maybe don’t listen to me)
We jumped in with 660 points, so I hope it doesn't happen to us that easily lol. That being said I have already been eyeing a small BCV contract, resale RIV contracts, and have considered buying 150 RIV/VDH points to get our direct benefits 😬

We are only 2 people and we always stay 1BR. If we take someone with us, we get a 2BR. We love the space and will never stay in a Queen studio. Go for it! You have plenty of points and it sounds like you have the savings to purchase points without worry if you need more.

We jumped in with 660 points, so I hope it doesn't happen to us that easily lol. That being said I have already been eyeing a small BCV contract, resale RIV contracts, and have considered buying 150 RIV/VDH points to get our direct benefits 😬
Yeah 660 should hopefully keep you occupied for a bit😂, unless you start traveling with family much more heavily which I recall you saying was your plans? Our big family trip this January ate like 400+ points. It was SO worth it and we’re likely to do one of those at least once a year/18mos or so but we also love doing a bunch of shorter/small group trips through the year and found we need a couple hundred more points for those lol My love for bigger rooms and last minute booking isn’t helping the situation😇

Recent DVC owner here. We have a stay booked for mid October for a Halloween trip. Just my wife and I. We had booked a studio at one of our home resorts BWV. At the 7 Month window the first couple nights were available at a 1 bedroom at BCV. We are debating whether to cancel those days at BWV to stay in the BCV 1 bedroom or to keep the BWV days.

Pros to BWV:
-Less point cost vs the BCV 1 Bedroom-around 35 points (not a huge issue, we bought in with more points than we strictly need and already had/have trips in Feb, May, October, Dec and Jan with a few points left over for our 2024 use year lol)
-Would be our first Villas stay at this home resort (our BWV contract was semi-stripped)

Pros to BCV:
-1 bedroom - More room, and we haven't had a 1 bedroom yet, but curious to try it!
-Harder to book rooms at BCV unless you are owners
-Can use our other "less desirable" points from our AKV and BLT (while it's under renovation) contracts and save some BWV points for later (since the contract was semi-stripped)

What would you guys do??
Since you own at BWV, you’ll be able to book there anytime.

Go with BCV - who knows when you’ll be able to stay there again.

Another vote for the BCV 1-bedroom ... but echo the caution of other posters that once you experience the 1-bedroom, it's difficult to go back to a studio! Welcome Home! Congratulations on your purchase!

Two factors to consider:

1. If you have reserved a boardwalk view studio at BWV, that would be a significant factor against changing because the views from the boardwalk view rooms are one of, if not the, best views from a room anywhere at WDW. BCV views are mediocre in comparison.

2. If you have stayed only in a studio before, be aware of a disease often suffered by members who try a 1BR for the first time -- once you do it, you will feel extreme disappointment if you have to go back to a studio. So it may not be the best choice to make unless you own enough points to usually get at least a 1BR,

1. If you have reserved a boardwalk view studio at BWV

2. ...unless you own enough points to usually get at least a 1BR,
1. Yeah it is a boardwalk view, and that is definitely making the decision harder

2. We have enough points to get a one-bedroom for around 3 weeks every year, so it wouldn't be too bad if we decided to go 1 bedroom heavy. Availability of 1 bedrooms would actually make it easier to book than studios usually. We went and booked a bunch of studio trips this first year of ownership because short-notice trips would have been harder to bring others with us, and the first 2 (2023/24) of our use years had a total of 680-ish points due to some being semi-stripped, while our ongoing yearly points will be 660. Also we may add 150 direct eventually if the member benefits tempt us or we want to get into Riviera or another new resort

BW View rooms have all been recently fully refurbished. I’d go with that one! Especially if BC means moving mid-trip.

We're doing a few nights at an Epcot area resort then a few at a monorail resort (BLT or VGF, I'm also debating between those, BLT being cheaper point wise, but will be mid-refurbish), so we will have to move once either way

How long is the trip? If you switch to Beach Club does that mean an split stay? Does it also mean you start in a 1 bedroom and move to the studio?

6ish days is what we have reserved right now BWV or BCV first then a monorail resort. Will be a split stay either way, and it would be 1bd to studio (unless we upgrade the rest to a 1br as well lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter