BWV whine...

SB in KY

DIS Veteran
Actually we had a great trip at the BWV 8/1 - 8/7....and this really isn't a whine....just an annoyance...we were in room 4079 and I think our phone rang 12 to 15 times/day on average and when we answered either no one was there, there was a dial tone or you could hear someone continuing to dial...it took me until the second day to realize they have 10 digit dialing in Orlando and all of those rings were from people dialing numbers in the 407 area code (i.e., 407-9xx-xxxx) that forgot to dial 9 first to get an outside line.

I got to chatting with the guest in the next suite one evening as we sat on our balconies...she brought the subject up also (I guess she was in 4077) and she said she had called the desk to complain and even thought about moving rooms....she had gotten calls after midnight (4 within 5 minutes one night....guess it was a slow learner on the other end!!) and she had also been getting calls before 6AM everyday.

I eventually just unplugged the room phones after a 6:30AM call since I always use my cell phone anyways and everyone that would need me would call my cell first (don't ask me why it took me 5 days to think to unplug the things!! Guess I was a slow learner too!!)...but this woman had teens at home in OKlahoma and did not have a cell phone where they could reach her so she did not want to unplug her phone

I guess this could happen at any resort where you have a room number that begins with 407....has anyone else ever had trouble with this??

I didn't have trouble at DW but I did at another resort in Florida. Our room was 10?? and that was the start of one of the AT&T numbers. I complained constantly to the front desk and someone finally told me it was because of the AT&T number.

They offered to put my phone on do not disturb at night but my DIL was due to have her baby anyday and I didn't want to do that.

I made sure not to get that unit again.

June

All the resorts have a 407 area code, so you would think this could be an issue at all resorts.

We've never experienced this yet in many WDW trips. Maybe your room number coincided with a popular local number?? I don't even want to get into speculation on what those people thought they might be dialing! :earseek:

Well I think they were dialing anything in the Orlando area that has the 407 area code...because of so much growth Orlando now has 2 area codes and uses 10 digit dialing...so you have to dial the area code with any number even for local calls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter