Do I have a guide if Im not a member but have had convos with DVC before?

veginaz

Just an Arizonan who loves vegetables and the VGC
It just dawned on me that I get mail from DVC, I also had someone call me sometime this year about DVC. I didn't chat with them when they called because at that time I was adamant DVC was way too much money and Id would never do it. Here I am now in ROFR on a resale and contemplating a direct purchase. So I was wondering if I should be figuring who calls me or if you aren't assigned a guide until you are officially a member.

Yes, you are likely assigned to someone. Lately, however, it seems like DVC no longer cares as I had phone calls from different people for years until I finally responded to an email from my current guide which seemed to make it more official. (This was prior to me purchasing a resale contract.)

I know I was attached as after that, when they looked up my name at a DVC booth, they would say “oh, you are with Paul”, etc. (My guide is Paul Gale, DL based.)

Paul also asked me to let them know I already had a guide before I toured Riviera. After touring, mentioning it, and seeing the Riv guide completely disregard it and put pressure on me to buy through him, I can see why.

Although I am still only resale only, I do receive regular updates from him, never in a pressuring manner though.

Last edited:
okay seems like I probably have someone. Although I’ve never gotten anything other than a standard marketing email but I’ve gotten calls over the years. Maybe I’ll call in and see what they say.

okay seems like I probably have someone. Although I’ve never gotten anything other than a standard marketing email but I’ve gotten calls over the years. Maybe I’ll call in and see what they say.
If you receive mail from them or have done a tour lately and they sent you a thank you afterward, they've probably mentioned your guide in the mailing. I know they have for me. I haven't bought yet but I'm right on the edge with the current Riviera incentives (I'm thinking direct) and I've been to a couple of tours (trying to convince myself, I suppose, and get a better feel for the room size I'm after).

Yes, you are likely assigned to someone. Lately, however, it seems like DVC no longer cares as I had phone calls from different people for years until I finally responded to an email from my current guide which seemed to make it more official. (This was prior to me purchasing a resale contract.)

I know I was attached as after that, when they looked up my name at a DVC booth, they would say “oh, you are with Paul”, etc. (My guide is Paul Gale, DL based.)

Paul also asked me to let them know I already had a guide before I toured Riviera. After touring, mentioning it, and seeing the Riv guide completely disregard it and put pressure on me to buy through him, I can see why.

Although I am still only resale only, I do receive regular updates from him, never in a pressuring manner though.

I also have a DL based guide, but met Paul at Grand Cal a couple months ago. He was very nice and no sale pressure. He gave us tours of VDH and the Aulani models. I like my guide but would head Paul's way if my guy ever left.

I also have a DL based guide, but met Paul at Grand Cal a couple months ago. He was very nice and no sale pressure. He gave us tours of VDH and the Aulani models. I like my guide but would head Paul's way if my guy ever left.
Side note, I didn’t realize DL still had the Aulani models! We are headed back to Aulani this year so will experience them live, but good to know they are available.

I think I have ruled out Aulani direct, but if they ever did a fire sale, it would be tempting.

Back on topic - there does seem to be a difference between some of the newer guides and the more experienced guides, who are less pressure. OP, know that even if you have a guide assigned to you, you don’t need to go through them if you don’t jive with the person assigned.

I am a newer member and filled out the form to be contacted when the latest okw incentive came out. Guide called me, super low pressure, and told me I did not have a guide assigned. He had to have my permission to attach himself to my record. Luckily my fever had broken before we spoke and I didn't even pursue the okw line, but he knows I am interested in buying PVIT!

I also had a guide assigned a long time ago when I requested a dvc DVD. Yup. Way back then. I never spoke to him but I love my new one!

I am a newer member and filled out the form to be contacted when the latest okw incentive came out. Guide called me, super low pressure, and told me I did not have a guide assigned. He had to have my permission to attach himself to my record. Luckily my fever had broken before we spoke and I didn't even pursue the okw line, but he knows I am interested in buying PVIT!

I also had a guide assigned a long time ago when I requested a dvc DVD. Yup. Way back then. I never spoke to him but I love my new one!
Disney fever especially after a trip is so real it's scary.

This is a bit tangential, but I didn't want to start a new thread - if I've only bought resale but never heard from anyone at DVC do I have a guide assigned to me or not?

This is a bit tangential, but I didn't want to start a new thread - if I've only bought resale but never heard from anyone at DVC do I have a guide assigned to me or not?

Probably. I was resale only for about a year before my guide called and wanted to introduce himself as my "new" guide. I think prior to that, I didn't have one assigned. Probably not a priority to assign guides to new resale members, but I think the eventually do.

I purchased resale in spring of 2023 and I did not have a guide assigned when I reached out for info on the April incentives. It was no big deal, they just gave me one. I think you can ask for someone specific if you wish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter