Cab Transportation

DVC Grandpa

DVC Member
Does DVC locations have “cab stands” or do you have to call prior to request pick-up? If we wanted to go to another resort but didn't want to do the bus transfer thing, could we "flag down a cab" at any of the resorts?

I used a cab service for my son to go off property to a skateboard park! I simply went to the front and asked. To my surprise..there were cabs waiting for passengers. If there wasn't one they said they would be happy to call for one.

It's a rare occasion if I get out front of any Disney Hotel and not find a cab waiting. Sometimes you might not be able to see them , there just out of view at some resorts. If there aren't any available you can ask at the bell stand or front desk to call one.

When ever i've called a cab I call the frt desk and ask them to connect me to the cab company. I usually make the call the night before and have them pick me up outside my unit/building at predetermined time. I've done this several times without any issues.

The bell hops can flag a cab for you.

We have done this quite a bit and only had one bad experience.

For us using a cab was the best and fastest way to get from resort to resort for dinner or church services when they offered them at the Poly. Cabs are the best way to go back to your resort if doing the Hoop Dee Do, or Luau.

If you are staying at one of the bigger resorts and don't want to make your way to the main building to get a cab, you can also call bell services and have them send a cab to your building.

Just be aware that the cab fare can add up pretty quickly. It cost me $17 (with tip) to go from the POFQ to the AKL a couple of years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter