Cabana Question

Katy

Mouseketeer
We'll be at HRH in August and I'm interested in renting a Cabana one day. How far in advance must I do this? How do you know which one to request? Is there a map of the HRH?

In January we requested the cabana the day we wanted it, the weather forcast was iffy, so I didnt want to pay for a cabana if the sun wasnt going to come out. The sun did come out, and we were so glad to have the cabana.

In April I called a week before our trip and could only get #3 because they were having a big birthday celebration at the pool area.

Cabana's 7 - 10 are in the beach section of the pool, we had 10 and it was very sunny in the afternoon.

Cabana 3 - 4 are in the shade. #3 is right next to the towel hut.

I am not sure how much sun 1-2 and 5-6 get.

I love using the cabana as a home base.

Patty

We made our reservation the day before and were told that we must cancel by 10pm that night or would be charged 1/2 the rate.

Seems that you could make your reservation now, then check the weather when you get down there to decide weather to keep it or not.

Please tell me a little more about the cabanas. How much, etc. We are going in June. Thanks!!!

At the HRH they are $60 for a full day (8am - 10) pm, $35 for 1/2 day, I think that is
4 - 10. They are good sized have a table and 4 chairs inside, small private area in front with 2 lounge chairs and a small table. Inside the cabana there is a small fridge, stocked with soda and water, a 19 inch color tv and a ceiling fan. They bring you a basket of fruit.

We use them on check out day, that way we have a place to keep our "day bags" and a meeting point, if we want to hit the parks, we do and if we want to hang out at the pool we do.

Patty

Hi. I just booked a cabana for our November trip. The guy I spoke with was very helpful. He asked who would be using the cabana. I told him we had children and he asked their ages and then he told me which cabana he thought would be best for us. He also said that if it rains they will cancel the cabana reservation and you will not be charged for it. And he said the full day was from 8 a.m to 10 p.m. and the half day was from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.

- Sharon

I feel pretty duumb, but are Cabanas little rooms with walls or an umbrella-ed area? I see what they contain, but can someone really describe them for me? :confused:

They are like a big tent--Not just an umbrella. If you close the flap, it is totally enclosed.

WE ARE GOING IN AUGUST. SHOULD I RESERVE THE CABANA IN THE SHADY AREA OR THE SUNNY AREA? I KNOW THEY HAVE FANS BUT WILL WE BE SWELTERING, IF I RENT THE CABANA THATS IN THE SUN?

:smooth: We are staying at HRH the first of July. Can I go ahead and rent a cabana now for then, or is it too early to do that? If I can rent it now, what number do I call to rent it?

Thank you,
Marion

I'm not sure how early you can book..but I have already booked for October, so you will be able to book for July/August now:)

Cabanas at the HRH have gone up in price. They are now $75 for a full day and $50 for half. If you are staying on Club level you can get one for approx. half price at $40 per day. It's never a bad idea to reserve ahead of time as there are no guaruntees that they will be available on the day you want one. A cabana is a tent on a steel frame. There is a table and chairs (lounging type), TV and fan in each cabana. They normally have their own serving staff as well.

HRH/DEC/01
PBH/DEC/01

Cabana's 7-10 are behind the movie screen and Cabana's 3-4 have trees all round them, I dont know about 1-2 and 5-6.

I didnt have much luck with service, I had to call a couple of times to get my fruit basket, but it did come, and it took about 3 calls to the beach club to get lunch.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter