Cabanas & Ordering Food

LindsayHD

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,
So I have a very unique question that I cannot find the answer anywhere.
We are staying for 8 nights and are going to do 3 pool days in that timeframe. I have never really done a pool day on any of my past trips, so I am extremely new to that. We decided to splurge and get cabanas for those 3 days.
--One at the Poly, where we are staying (I know that isn't an "official" cabana)
--Another day at the GF and the third time at the Contemporary.
Everywhere it says that we have the ability to order food and with the GF and Contemporary, we will have a server. Where exactly are we ordering that food from? Is it considered room service? Does it come from the pool restaurants specifically? Being able to get food is huge to me since I will be 7 months pregnant and STARVING, I'm sure.
We are trying to decide if we should be getting the dining plan and if that food cannot be included in the dining plan, that is a big deal to me and we will not get the plan then since it will be 3 days worth of lunches.
Also, any other tips or suggestions for the cabanas or having a pool day at different resort than the one you are staying in?
Thank you!

Hi Everyone,
So I have a very unique question that I cannot find the answer anywhere.
We are staying for 8 nights and are going to do 3 pool days in that timeframe. I have never really done a pool day on any of my past trips, so I am extremely new to that. We decided to splurge and get cabanas for those 3 days.
--One at the Poly, where we are staying (I know that isn't an "official" cabana)
--Another day at the GF and the third time at the Contemporary.
Everywhere it says that we have the ability to order food and with the GF and Contemporary, we will have a server. Where exactly are we ordering that food from? Is it considered room service? Does it come from the pool restaurants specifically? Being able to get food is huge to me since I will be 7 months pregnant and STARVING, I'm sure.
We are trying to decide if we should be getting the dining plan and if that food cannot be included in the dining plan, that is a big deal to me and we will not get the plan then since it will be 3 days worth of lunches.
Also, any other tips or suggestions for the cabanas or having a pool day at different resort than the one you are staying in?
Thank you!

I’ve done cabanas at GF & CR and the patios at Poly, so hopefully I can help.

Food at all three comes from their respective pool bars:

Poly - Oasis Bar & Grill
GF - Beaches Pool Bar & Grill
CR - The Sand Bar (this one has arguably the least interesting menu)

I believe you can see the menus for all three on Disney’s website or app.

At CR, they told me I could also order from the Private Dining menu (Disney’s name for room service) but that it’s not through or provided by the cabana attendant. They pointed me to a phone and phone number to call in the order directly. I suspect the same thing could be done at GF and Poly, but don’t know that for certain.

I’m sorry, I can’t answer your question about the dining plan. Food you order as a cabana guest from the pool bar/grill would be just like what anyone else at the pool would do, so assuming all three have dining plan eligible options, seems like that would work (but again, I know very little about the dining plan so take other’s advice on this part).

Curious if you get any feedback about using a cabana at a resort where you are not staying - I know it’s allowed but I suspect it doesn’t happen all that often (just my guess though).

I know this has nothing to do with your question, but at 7 months my wife would have wanted nothing to do with being at another resort / away from an air conditioned room for the day... so I wish you luck and I hope you have a great/enjoyable 3-pool day trip!

I’ve done cabanas at GF & CR and the patios at Poly, so hopefully I can help.

Food at all three comes from their respective pool bars:

Poly - Oasis Bar & Grill
GF - Beaches Pool Bar & Grill
CR - The Sand Bar (this one has arguably the least interesting menu)

I believe you can see the menus for all three on Disney’s website or app.

At CR, they told me I could also order from the Private Dining menu (Disney’s name for room service) but that it’s not through or provided by the cabana attendant. They pointed me to a phone and phone number to call in the order directly. I suspect the same thing could be done at GF and Poly, but don’t know that for certain.

I’m sorry, I can’t answer your question about the dining plan. Food you order as a cabana guest from the pool bar/grill would be just like what anyone else at the pool would do, so assuming all three have dining plan eligible options, seems like that would work (but again, I know very little about the dining plan so take other’s advice on this part).

Curious if you get any feedback about using a cabana at a resort where you are not staying - I know it’s allowed but I suspect it doesn’t happen all that often (just my guess though).

I know this has nothing to do with your question, but at 7 months my wife would have wanted nothing to do with being at another resort / away from an air conditioned room for the day... so I wish you luck and I hope you have a great/enjoyable 3-pool day trip!

Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful. According to the Disneyworld website, you can use the dining plan at all those establishments so that will help when we decide if we are getting it in the next week or 2.
I was also wondering about that too, if people from other resorts did use the cabanas. We figured it wouldn't be too bad since we are on the monorail and we are considering cancelling the Contemporary one all together or maybe switching it to just being at the Poly again since that's we are staying is and it's cheaper.
Fortunately, I do live in Florida and this is my second baby so I know how the heat will be. Relaxing at a cabana, even if it is at a different hotel is drastically better than walking around AK all day, so I will take it. Haha :cool2:

Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful. According to the Disneyworld website, you can use the dining plan at all those establishments so that will help when we decide if we are getting it in the next week or 2.
I was also wondering about that too, if people from other resorts did use the cabanas. We figured it wouldn't be too bad since we are on the monorail and we are considering cancelling the Contemporary one all together or maybe switching it to just being at the Poly again since that's we are staying is and it's cheaper.
Fortunately, I do live in Florida and this is my second baby so I know how the heat will be. Relaxing at a cabana, even if it is at a different hotel is drastically better than walking around AK all day, so I will take it. Haha :cool2:

FWIW, I find the CR cabanas and pool area very relaxing. I don’t necessarily like the pool itself - my kids miss having a zero entry area, a true larger splash pad, and a larger slide. But in terms of a place to spend the day by the pool in the shade, hard to beat this! :-)

(There’s also another cabana at this pool as well as two more around the Bullseye/leisure pool.... sorry if you already know all of this).

IMG_7426.jpeg

IMG_7326.jpeg

FWIW, I find the CR cabanas and pool area very relaxing. I don’t necessarily like the pool itself - my kids miss having a zero entry area, a true larger splash pad, and a larger slide. But in terms of a place to spend the day by the pool in the shade, hard to beat this! :-)

(There’s also another cabana at this pool as well as two more around the Bullseye/leisure pool.... sorry if you already know all of this).

View attachment 402480

View attachment 402481
Do you know what cabana # this one is?

Do you know what cabana # this one is?

No, I don’t, sorry. I have seen people report having a cabana number on their reservation but I’m not sure those respond to anything in real life (not sure about that though). I showed up early and said I want “that one”. :-)

No, I don’t, sorry. I have seen people report having a cabana number on their reservation but I’m not sure those respond to anything in real life (not sure about that though). I showed up early and said I want “that one”. :-)
Yes, I was curious because my reservation has a number on it. And that one looks like a nice location! (I'm hoping for whichever one is closest to that pool.)

Yes, I was curious because my reservation has a number on it. And that one looks like a nice location! (I'm hoping for whichever one is closest to that pool.)

I can’t remember off hand, when you book CR are you given the choice of pools, or no?

I can’t remember off hand, when you book CR are you given the choice of pools, or no?
Yes, I was able to choose the pool. And it says cabana 3 on MDE (though I didn’t choose a number because I don’t know the numbers!). We’ve got it booked for arrival day and I’m guessing we’ll get to the resort on DME closer to 10:30 that morning, so we won’t be able to scope it out earlier.

Yes, I was able to choose the pool. And it says cabana 3 on MDE (though I didn’t choose a number because I don’t know the numbers!). We’ve got it booked for arrival day and I’m guessing we’ll get to the resort on DME closer to 10:30 that morning, so we won’t be able to scope it out earlier.

Ahh, got it. Been awhile since I’ve booked at CR and couldn’t remember. Thanks!

IMO both cabanas at the main pool are good. I like the one in my pic a touch better as it’s a bit more private. The other one is more towards the walkway to the bar/bathroom and has more direct foot traffic. Ultimately I’d be fine with both.

You can call and have a location request added. They may look at you funny and it may never get to the right people on the ground that day, but worth a shot.

Of course every day is different, but many times I see none or only one reserved. You may arrive and have your pick! :-)

View attachment 402480

View attachment 402481

Thank you so much. I didn't know any of this. I didn't really do a ton of research. I only saw that there was a way to have shade in July while pregnant so my immediate thought was 'Disney, please take my money' hahaha
Looking at the photos, we are going to keep it. It looks so beautiful and RELAXING.

Your reservation shows up on MDE? None of my 3 do. Hmmm. Maybe I should call the confirm the reservations, just in case.

Your reservation shows up on MDE? None of my 3 do. Hmmm. Maybe I should call the confirm the reservations, just in case.
I think it’s a new thing and definitely glitchy. I can’t see it on the app, just on the web browser. I have several days of cabanas/patios booked (we are having lots of pool time this trip!) and most are showing up, but one is not. And it’s definitely booked - my card was charged. So, basically, I wouldn’t worry if you can’t see them on MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter