Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

I’m pleasantly surprised by the point chart. If we had more vacation time, I think I’d even consider adding points here for a more relaxing few days that we could tack on before or after the intensive part of WDW park trips. Unfortunately, we probably already have more DVC points than we can really justify…so I’d be nervous buying direct on a restricted resale property—especially without visiting first. We have a Thanksgiving trip planned at our home resorts and I’m wondering if we might be able to tack on a day or two here to try it out…

If $12.15 per point in dues holds true, it's going to take a long time for owners to "break even." Given the fact that there aren't really any DVC specific amenities with the FWC, as there are everywhere else, especially pools, restaurants, etc., is it possible these will be added in the future and Disney is passing their cost onto owners and potentially selling the points lower than other current resorts? I can't imagine these selling well if they're price at 220-230 per point AND $12.15 in dues without comparable amenities.

I can't imagine these selling well if they're price at 220-230 per point AND $12.15 in dues without comparable amenities.
Agree, but maybe they market to the crowd who loves this resort. That’s not me, bc I bought DVC to stay deluxe. I think these groups will buy in to stay at the Fort in a cabin because that’s where they want to stay and/or like to camp there.

What I find surprising and genius by disney, is that over the past few years these cabins have become so popular they were priced and sold out at deluxe price point. Then came the opportunity to grab that up and sell dvc. Over Christmas break, it was cheaper to stay at BW on the Inn side (and walk to parks) than it was to stay at FW in a cabin and rent a golf cart, cook, etc. So we moved our reservation and stayed deluxe for price of camping. I don’t get it or why people love it there so much they’d buy this, but that's why I’m not going to buy. To each his own. I think these will eventually sell well if it’s marketed to the right crowd.

Agree, but maybe they market to the crowd who loves this resort. That’s not me, bc I bought DVC to stay deluxe. I think these groups will buy in to stay at the Fort in a cabin because that’s where they want to stay and/or like to camp there.

What I find surprising and genius by disney, is that over the past few years these cabins have become so popular they were priced and sold out at deluxe price point. Then came the opportunity to grab that up and sell dvc. Over Christmas break, it was cheaper to stay at BW on the Inn side (and walk to parks) than it was to stay at FW in a cabin and rent a golf cart, cook, etc. So we moved our reservation and stayed deluxe for price of camping. I don’t get it or why people love it there so much they’d buy this, but that's why I’m not going to buy. To each his own. I think these will eventually sell well if it’s marketed to the right crowd.
It's crazy how I'm tempted by it, and have never even stayed at FW! I think the cabins look really nice, and I like the idea of being able to put the kids in the bunk room and wife and I sleep on the Murphy. The main turn-off for me at this point is the high dues.

I must force myself to hold off on buying more points! The emails about how the prices at Riviera are about to go up at the end of this month aren't helping either.

6 people one bathroom no washer and dryer. I am not sure a good point chart overrides that inconvenience.

I am not familiar with the cabin set up I read that they have other bathroom/shower facility that can be used but I am not sure how much that relieves the issue.

6 people one bathroom no washer and dryer. I am not sure a good point chart overrides that inconvenience.

I am not familiar with the cabin set up I read that they have other bathroom/shower facility that can be used but I am not sure how much that relieves the issue.
I'd be down for the Cabins if it was more of a glamping situation. Missed opportunity for Disney IMO.

Lots of people though stay in regular rooms with 5 and one bathroom and no laundry.

We did before DVC. We also stayed in the cabins with 6 when our kids were young

The were a nice option.

I again think this is a YMMV situation. We had 2 kids, 2 grandparents, and 2 parents staying here when our kids were little. Loved not having walls with neighbors so that we would always be hushing the kids. Sure, one bathroom, but we were fine. I did laundry at the convenience center if I HAD to (but we drove and had plenty of room for what we needed). I think it comes down to what you are comparing it to. Compared to a studio at the Poly? I don't have a laundry in my room there either. Compared to a full one bedroom? Well, that has more room (and a laundry and another bathroom). Lots would say they wouldn't consider a studio. . . If they don't muck up the cost/benefit ratio here, I still think this one is a success.

Isn’t it glamping? What amenities would you be looking for beyond what they offer?
We stay at state park cabins for ab $125/night. Very similar set up here but only thing a bit more glamperous would be we have 2 closed off bedrooms, usually sleep 8 with the beds and sofa bed (so separate sleeping areas for the family), 1000-1200 sq feet, fire pit in back yard, enclosed screened in back or front porch. Never had a w/d so I agree that’s a rather high expectation with this point chart and camper style cabins.

We stay at state park cabins for ab $125/night. Very similar set up here but only thing a bit more glamperous would be we have 2 closed off bedrooms, usually sleep 8 with the beds and sofa bed (so separate sleeping areas for the family), 1000-1200 sq feet, fire pit in back yard, enclosed screened in back or front porch. Never had a w/d so I agree that’s a rather high expectation with this point chart and camper style cabins.
Ooooh, a fire pit would be a huge highlight for my kids. We don’t do a ton of camping but intend to think of anywhere with heater water, indoor toilet, and real beds as glamping.

Weren't the cabins not booking well except during like Halloween and Christmas?

I don’t follow that closely but from some of what I have read, they suffered some. But, now that they will be DVC, it won’t matter because DVD can activate them into the trust and those expanses are covered.

And, with DVC owners now eligible to trade into them, that will free up other DvC rooms that can be now booked for cash instead.

The whole reason we see rooms from cash go DVC is to shift the balance.

I don’t follow that closely but from some of what I have read, they suffered some. But, now that they will be DVC, it won’t matter because DVD can activate them into the trust and those expanses are covered.

And, with DVC owners now eligible to trade into them, that will free up other DvC rooms that can be now booked for cash instead.

The whole reason we see rooms from cash go DVC is to shift the balance.
Right. It majorly benefits Disney.

Of course it does but DvC always has. It does benefit owners though in the sense that we have another new resort to stay it.
I think the cabins are particularly beneficial addition for direct owners who recently bought in at the 150 minimum. I think a lot of people (including me) initially buy in at/below 200 points but learn there just isn’t that much inventory at the newest resorts where 150 points can put a family of 5 in a room for 5 nights, let alone a whole week, and this will give many families more options to extend their visit beyond 2-3 nights, or come every year instead of every other year.

It's all about the alternative. At these point levels, your only alternative is a studio (which also only has one bathroom and no washer/dryer).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter