• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

Yes me too! Clearly the calculation is that they don't care about moving them quickly....
Or there are few enough of them they want to sell at high prices to extremely motivated buyers first. It will be interesting to see what sales look like at the end of Feb.

We will probably try to stay there on our direct points for a few days on occasion, but we like to be near the parks and the bunk beds in the bedrooms make the whole set up less desirable for our family.

I just see the one that seems to revised on 10/2/2023?

That is the new one…it was when they added the Cabins Resort Use plan to it..
there is also the insert document that has a date of 1/2024…

But, that only includes info that DVD is becoming an LLC? I’m not sure I get that part.

Wow those are some really lukewarm incentives. I wasn’t too interested anyways, but was expecting better.

Now, if at some point the add Reflections, I’ll be first in line to buy it.
Saaaaaame, on all of it.

Is this the worst DVC launch day buy-in ever? I can’t seem to understand why anyone in their right mind would buy into this resort as is.

I genuinely thought DVC would have to price this around $150-$170 after incentives for it to sell well on launch date, and yet the incentives are worse than every other actively selling resort! There's zero premium resort amenities to speak of, and yet they want to charge you like you’re buying in at the Grand Floridian while simultaneously starting your annual dues at an absurd rate! I’m so curious to see these miserable sales numbers in the next 3 months. DVC leadership needs a reality check in my opinion with this resort.

I’m not design savvy, but IMO they took the worst elements of the proposed Reflections concept art and used it to design the new Poly tower.

Although they did have individual teeehouse cabins in the concept art for Reflections…so maybe that’s where CFW takes that role over.
The original info in Reflections indicated it would have treehouses, A-frames and cabins, so the FW cabins may have been part of the plan all along. And now they’re just doing the reverse, of cabins first and then resort.

I was excited for Reflections because a wilderness themed resort with a wide variety of unique accommodation types AND a lazy river AND a boat ride to the MK is what I’ve wished for.

Definitely think I need a refresher on this new association / club for the cabins. Is this basically what was speculated on DVCFan about making DVC like other timeshares?

Or there are few enough of them they want to sell at high prices to extremely motivated buyers first. It will be interesting to see what sales look like at the end of Feb.

We will probably try to stay there on our direct points for a few days on occasion, but we like to be near the parks and the bunk beds in the bedrooms make the whole set up less desirable for our family.
Do we really think incentives will be better on 2/27 for new members compared to current members on 2/1? That would be a slap in the face and a lot could honestly rescind from the date they signed. Sure VGF was really cheap this summer with Magical Beginnings, but before that the lowest price was initial early sales to current members which was a whole year+ prior. I can't imagine an extra month booking priority for current DVC members could justify higher prices. The DVC Explorer chart shows 4/1 as the current "promo" expiration.

Do we really think incentives will be better on 2/27 for new members compared to current members on 2/1? That would be a slap in the face and a lot could honestly rescind from the date they signed. Sure VGF was really cheap this summer with Magical Beginnings, but before that the lowest price was initial early sales to current members which was a whole year+ prior. I can't imagine an extra month booking priority for current DVC members could justify higher prices. The DVC Explorer chart shows 4/1 as the current "promo" expiration.
I think @HyperspaceMountainPilot means what February’s sales, as in sold contracts will look like at the end of the month, not what might change in incentives for sales to new members. I think. That’s the way I interpreted the statement anyway.

I think @HyperspaceMountainPilot means what February’s sales, as in sold contracts will look like at the end of the month, not what might change in incentives for sales to new members. I think. That’s the way I interpreted the statement anyway.
Gotcha, that makes sense. But even if they're soft for the month, do we think DVC incentives cabins more this soon? DLH sales dropped and incentives haven't been better.

Gotcha, that makes sense. But even if they're soft for the month, do we think DVC incentives cabins more this soon? DLH sales dropped and incentives haven't been better.
Sorry, should have been clearer. I don't think they are going to drastically reduce prices anytime soon-- I was thinking they might try to sell the most desirable FWs and as much inventory as they can at current prices, before deciding if they add much better incentives. Also, if there are only a few dozen cabins available to declare (or frankly even 100), especially at compelling (low) points per night values, they just don't have to move as much inventory with any urgency. It's a totally different product than Riv or Poly tower and they appear to care more about selling Riv for now.

Is this the worst DVC launch day buy-in ever? I can’t seem to understand why anyone in their right mind would buy into this resort as is.

I genuinely thought DVC would have to price this around $150-$170 after incentives for it to sell well on launch date, and yet the incentives are worse than every other actively selling resort! There's zero premium resort amenities to speak of, and yet they want to charge you like you’re buying in at the Grand Floridian while simultaneously starting your annual dues at an absurd rate! I’m so curious to see these miserable sales numbers in the next 3 months. DVC leadership needs a reality check in my opinion with this resort.
It’s a test to find out if DVC purchasers are as easily bamboozled/dumb/bad at math as retail purchasers in other brands. Sadly, I expect they will find out that DVC purchasers are.

A 1 bedroom at RIV gives you a washer dryer and a separate sleeping area from your kids. The two aren’t remotely comparable.
But they are comparable. If a family of 5 is looking to buy into DVC, and would like to have access to a kitchen, that is literally the comparison they will have to make. Would I rather spend less money and stay at CFW, or more money and stay at RIV.

Could those soft incentives be an indicator that this new trust association way of selling is not just for the cabins?

And, that we will see it play a role in the near future with Poly tower?

Let’s speculate again…let’s say the purpose is to use it to sell both…and that the pricing is what it is as a place holder for those new rooms? And that somehow the sales of both will be connected?

Everything they have done with price increase and new incentives for all the resorts right now don’t seem to make sense given the current sales…but they do to DVd which leads me to them having a plan that we are not yet aware of.

Everything they have done with price increase and new incentives for all the resorts right now don’t seem to make sense given the current sales…but they do to DVd which leads me to them having a plan that we are not yet aware of.

There is definitely more to this than meets the eye. There are a few ways to go with this, and adding Poly into the trust is probably the worst way to go (in my opinion). I’m hoping it’s only because they are going to wrap up a Reflections in the trust with CFW and not make it an all encompassing trust of undeclared units at every resort. Thinking about the lack of deluxe amenities that CFW has, even adding other resorts undeclared units doesn’t fix that standalone issue, but adding Reflections does and makes the price make sense.

But they are comparable. If a family of 5 is looking to buy into DVC, and would like to have access to a kitchen, that is literally the comparison they will have to make. Would I rather spend less money and stay at CFW, or more money and stay at RIV.
I just encourage everyone to do the FULL math. I crunched the numbers for us and comparing to Copper Creek, once all in (pro-rated up front cost per point, buying at average resale rates for CCR vs the direct with incentives for CFW, plus dues per point), the per week price for a week in the cabins is very little savings over a week in a 1-bedroom at CCR (about 10-15% during lower seasons and less than 5% during the highest two seasons). That delta will shrink if the annual dues increase at both resorts at a similar average percentage each year (because CFW is starting so much higher). I know it's not precisely apples to apples (given I'm comparing the pro-rated cost per point of CCR resale vs the pro-rated cost per point of CFW direct) but that's all that is available right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter