California Adventure - a few ???

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
Does DCA typically open at 10:00 during the summer? Do they let you in ahead of time (like at DL), and is there a section to walk around, shop, and/or get breakfast before the ride areas open (also like at DL)? Where is the best area to go to beat the crowds first thing? Does Grizzly River have rain gear you can use or do you have to bring your own? What is Ariel's Grotto like? I think that's all for now....
:umbrella:

DCA's gates open at 9:30. Yes, they let you walk around the front area of the park before rope drop. Also, Soarin' is open at this time. You can buy poncho's at the store near the entrance to GRR for $6 I think (I suggest going to Walmart or a Dollar store and buying your own--much cheaper if you don't want to get wet). I've never been to Ariel's, but it's Captain mickey's now.

be sure to buy your own ponchos before you arrive. We got ponchos in MK at WDW, and there was a sea of yellow!!1 I was nervous that I would lose my 6 y/o, if you have another color poncho, it is ALOT easier to spot your group!

As for breakfast in the morning, the only place you will have access to that early just has muffins, danish, coffe, juice and maybe bagels, I don't remember any hot food.

The restaurant is still called Ariels Grotto, but Ariel's no longer there, the character meal is called Captain Mickey's. Its set price dining where everyone pays the same price ($14.99 for lunch when we went in 2004). You get soup or salad, an entreee, dessert and a drink. I haven't been since it switched to Captain Mickey's, but when we were there I was not impressed. The food was just ok, and the service was really bad. We waited so long for our waiter to even come greet us, then had to have him hunted down when we needed something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter