~California Dreamin - Photographic Report~Index on post #1~Completed 8/17/07~

Awesome pictures so far!! See...this is why I love you!! A great photographic trip report...:love:

I'm heading out of town for the weekend, but look forward to seeing more when I get back!!

:hug: Awww, thank you...and have a great time!

I will definitely have more by the time you return~

I'm only through the end of page 1 but I'm loving it!

We're in the process of arguing California vs. Florida for 2008... I'm torn!

Thank you Jaime!

You think you are torn now?

Wait til you see the Disney stuff :hippie:

:wizard:

Yes we get in on the 19th about 5ish...plan on just doing the sightseeing stuff thurs & friday....then hopefully we'll choose a Broadway play or musical for Sat & we have the Yankees on Sunday...so....what day is your BD??? Maybe we can plan to all have dinner somewhere friday night???

My birthday is the Sunday before but I can totally get away with celebrating the weekend after...it *is* a celebration month right?

I was thinking John and I would come up Friday night, not sure what time tho and possibly getting tickets to a show saturday? Or even tickets to the ball game on sunday :scratchin John would totally love that...as my New Yorkers friends would say, we'll tawlk :thumbsup2

Did you happen to stop in Carmel and check out the "white sand beaches"? Carmel is an awesome little town - BIG BIG $$$$ to live & shop there...but SOOOOO cute!!!! I love that town & really enjoy having our 'weekend crops' there - which is twice a year....even the girls would have loved Carmel~but that drive really is a long one....thank God it is a gorgeous one!!

We had just stopped in Monterey at the wharf, saw the signs to go to Carmel, and decided it was too soon to stop again :confused3 I am kinda glad we didn't stop again so soon cause that ride down the coast, as I was forwarned, was looooooong. If we stopped everywhere we wanted we would've taken 3 days to get down the coast ;) :sunny:

For this chapter...I will let the pictures speak for themselves...

It was a lovely, curvey ride all along the coast. The scenery is fabulous, the gas is expensive ($4.16 a gallon :eek: ) but the water is cheap (Only $2 for a really big bottle)

:sunny:

We started our journey on 101 and didn't really hit the coastal route 1 before we were in Monterey. We left route 1 again for 101 around Santa Barbara. We knew we were back near civilization cause that's when the traffic hit~

...now, on with the show...

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

The Pacific Coast - Part deux...

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

Sea Lions are an unusual site for us Jersey folks...these guys are totally cool to watch...

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg

Kite Surfers! (too bad the ground was too high up for us to see the people, the kites were a really neat site tho)

DSC_0265.jpg

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

Next chapter, Disneyland!!!!!!!!

Colleen!...From one photog to another :thumbsup2
You done good girl!:teeth:...

I think I would like to go sometime just to do the PCH for a week...and take my time...
I would soo not want to get back in the car...evey place I see in your pics....Id like to stop and play there for awhile....:yay:

It all looks sooooo lovely!:3dglasses

Awesome Colleen....i hate to say - but can't remember the last time i took any photos of our own coast line....hummmmm - i'm guessing it would have been '99 when DD graduated HS & we rented a condo at Pajaro Dunes for the party (& most of my family got to stay at the beach condo for the time they were here)...that is SO SAD - isn't it? but i'm still loving your pics!!! really anxious for the DL ones....

Holy cow! These photos are beautiful. They make me want to MOVE there.

I'm going to San Fran in September with one of my best friends so this is so much fun!

And the sea lions would be unusual for me, too. I think I've seen them in the zoo though! LOL

Did they explain the "True" story of the Birdman of alcatraz? What Al Capone was really like? The food that was served to the prisinors???

Thank you all for the great comments :worship:

I made a slideshow of part 1 for my MySpace friends, I will be cheating tonight since I am on my way out and will share my slideshow with you~

I will post these same pics in the normal format tomorrow but for those looking for a taste of what's to come, here is your preview...click on the picture below~

Did they explain the "True" story of the Birdman of alcatraz? What Al Capone was really like? The food that was served to the prisinors???

Yes they did. I have the stories from the National Park's website and a picture of the menu. I'll share tomorrow, I'm supposed to be over my sister's house right now :ssst:

Disneyland was literally right across the street from us...this is the walk in/tram and bus entrance to the parks...

DSC_0414.jpg

This was the view from our window...that's Tower of Terror in the distance

DSC_0415.jpg

Our first obligatory picture of the day...

DSC_0270.jpg

Can we get a close up of that please?

DSC_0273.jpg

I could feel the magic as we entered...

DSC_0456.jpg

the path to Main Street Disneyland.

DSC_0276.jpg

Walt's office was upstairs, they still keep the light on for him...

DSC_0277.jpg

My goodness that castle is small...

DSC_0278.jpg

Here is my first view of Walt, Mickey and the Castle.

DSC_0279.jpg

Our second obligatory shot of the day...

DSC_0280.jpg

and a close up of that one as well...

DSC_0281.jpg

Where do you think we should go next...

DSC_0284.jpg

Iiiiii dunno, how about you...

DSC_0285.jpg

Pirates is only a five minute wait...

DSC_0286.jpg

We'll send Paul for fastpasses to splash after this...

DSC_0287.jpg

The wait was five minutes, just look I have proof!

DSC_0289.jpg

The outside is differnt, the inside is too...Pirates in Cali is longer, it's true!

DSC_0290.jpg

This is a fountain outside of the ride, I thought it was cool how about you?

DSC_0291.jpg

Disneyland has a pirate ship where Disneyworld has a ferry...

DSC_0292.jpg

We passed it up for the haunted house...

DSC_0294.jpg

Which is where we went next.

DSC_0295.jpg

Here's a close up of the outside...

DSC_0296.jpg

and me and DD

DSC_0299.jpg

She really does love me...just look and you'll see!

DSC_0300.jpg

Oh I'm so jealous!

I love that they keep the light on for Walt. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter