California Grill Poor Food Quality?

I didn't watch the whole video but he also said a previous time he had ordered steak and it was juicy at medium week and he could cut it with a fork. Not many steaks you could cut with a fork, most likely it was filet. This video definitely doesn't look like filet, not sure what it was supposed to be.
Its a filet. Thats the only cut they offer. I do agree it looks subpar/mediocre.

I go to California Grill every year and was most recently there in November 2023. Every single meal I've had there has been outstanding. I would not hesitate to dine there. I will definitely be back.

Dinner tonight at the California Grill

that restaurant is on point!

food was amazing,

service amazing

the menu was really well designed, and balanced

it is worth the price
I had a very disappointing meal there in early December.
I thought the choice of appetizers was poor - its mostly sushi options and pizza - the latter did not rise to the level of an appetizer at that style of restaurant. It was too filling for a starter, and not that great.
I’m not going to talk about steak temp, my dissatisfaction was with the accompaniment - rather plain veg and a hunk of squash, that had just been roughly hewn and thrown in the oven - it seemed like no effort had been made.

Service was good, but the menu/food did not live up to previous visits.

I thought the choice of appetizers was poor - its mostly sushi options and pizza - the latter did not rise to the level of an appetizer at that style of restaurant. It was too filling for a starter, and not that great.
I’m not going to talk about steak temp, my dissatisfaction was with the accompaniment - rather plain veg and a hunk of squash, that had just been roughly hewn and thrown in the oven - it seemed like no effort had been made.

Service was good, but the menu/food did not live up to previous visits.
i had that pizza, my wife had the sushi

both were really good

They need to stop with the 3 course we'll ick your 3 choice meals and go back to a whole menu.We were there in Oct.22'and it was good ,won't be back until the menu expands. Now our go rest. is Flying Fish.

I was there last week and had the same thought about the sushi and pizza apps. It was fine, and large but not great... and the pizza was similarly fine, but mostly just a whole personal-sized pizza with some interesting toppings. Imo both of these app genres seem like real poorly executed relics from the 90s Spago-era of "California cuisine" and should be either retired or massively upgraded.

The rest of our meal was great though, especially the venison and fish entrees.

We just ate there. The food was good but we didn’t care for the price fix menu. All the food was tasty but the other couple with us felt that for the price of the menu “gourmet pizza“ as an appetizer was not up to California Grill standards. I had the goat cheese ravioli which was excellent but the portion seemed smaller than last time. All of the portions were not huge and I expect that from a higher end restaurant. It was good but IMHO it’s not what the California Grill used to be. For that price point I would go Jiko or something like that. I will say the peanut torte dessert was amazing I could have eaten 4 of them

They need to stop with the 3 course we'll ick your 3 choice meals and go back to a whole menu.We were there in Oct.22'and it was good ,won't be back until the menu expands. Now our go rest. is Flying Fish.
As it was one of our go-to's for many years until Yoshi the Sushi chef retired, we were truly disappointed during the 50th celebration and they rolled out the price fix

The food here is still very good but the switch to prix fixe is not appealing. We still tried it again once they switched but it is just too much food. I feel they moved off items that might slow down turnover like their awesome soufflé desserts and now moving the wontons to the bar menu or for an extra cost is just a jerk move in my opinion. We’re kind of done there for now unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter