California Magic 5/28/05?

Virginia1

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else booked the May 28th 2005 Magic cruise out of California? This will be our first Disney Cruise. Two of us are cast members from DL and two are pass holders. Three are from AZ and the other from CA. Are there other Zonis who will be on the cruise?

We will be on that cruise. It will be me, DH, DD, DS, my mother, and stepdad all from the Sacramento area. My sister, BIL and nephew are also going. They are in this area for two more days and then they're moving to Scottsdale.

I can't wait. It will also be our first Disney Cruise.

Welcome to the DIS.

This will also be our 1st Disney cruise. We have an oceanview cabin on Deck 2.

DH, DSs (ages 9 and 11 when we cruise) and me. We live in Phoenix and are very excited to finally be able to go on a Disney cruise. It is just way too expensive when adding $1,000 airfare to a Disney cruise in Florida.

We will be driving over the day before and probably coming straight home on June 4th. Will plan another trip to DL later in the year after the 50th anniversary.

::MickeyMo (Husband, John)
::MinnieMo (Me, Gail)
:earsboy: (Son, Tyler, age 11 in May 2005)
:earsboy: (Son, Toby, age 9 in May 2005)

Nice to hear from you. We have two ocean view cabins on deckk 2. This will be the first Disney cruise for all of us. I leave for Disneyland in the morning. We always go on July 17th for the birthday. My oldest son was born on July 17th, so he never wants to miss it.

We too plan to leave the day before the cruise and will retrn to Arizona the day after. We have reservations for 7/17/2005 at the Disneyland Hotel for the birthday. Since my dughter (she'll be on the cruise) is a cast member, we get over to California quite often.

I haven't got the hang of this yet, so I don't know if I am responding correctly.

VL from Litchfield Park

Yes! We are booked on the 5/28 cruise! It will be our 3rd. We cruised on the Wonder 10/03 during fall break, and we are scheduled to cruise again in a few weeks on the Wonder (9/12/04). We will also be coming from Phx. Have not decided yet whether to fly or drive.

The Sept trip was not too bad, AmWest had a big airfare sale, and we are doing the Land/Sea, so we don't have to fly in a day early for the cruise. The direct flights help as well.

For the Mexico cruise, we booked a Cat5 as soon as the cruise was announced in May. It will be DH, DD11 and DS6. The kids loved the 4-day cruise, hoping they like the 7 day as well!! I think there will mainly be Arizona kids on it, who get out of school May 27.

Today made reservations with the Sheraton Los Angeles Harbor Hotel. $169 for the four of us to stay the night before the cruise, transportation to and from the port, covered parking while on the cruise, breakfast morning of the cruise and champane night before. It is normally $149 for two adults but had to add the additional $10 for each of the boys. We asked for a harbor view room so that we can watch the Magic arrive on the morning of the 28th.

:thewave:

Also our first cruise ever!!! We're on deck 2 also (2 view rooms)....maybe we should have a deck 2 group meeting onboard!

We're DH (who still needs convincing to go on this!), me, DS (will be 10), DD (will be 5) and my parents. We will be celebrating bdays on board (DH and me) as well as the fact that it is also mom's 50th and dad's 60th next year.

We're hoping to come down and stay a few days at DL (hoping that the Disney Hotels will do baggage transfers!).

All of you 1st time Disney cruisers will have a ball! We (DW, DD5) will be in room 8532 when the Magic pulls into California! We'll try and leave the ship nice and clean for you. This will be our 3rd time on the Magic and can't wait to go thru the canal. We just returned home from the 7/3 Magic and miss it already.

Jim

Oh, I'm so jealous of you 14 day cruisers!!!! We originally booked that cruise but then I could not justify taking the kids out of school for 3 weeks (we need an entire day to fly to FL from where we are...the furthest possible point in lower 48 from FL...so I expected couple extra days at WDW and couple extra at DL). We're first timers because it's the first time DISNEY has come to the WEST COAST!

We have been on the Magic twice now, last year and just two weeks ago. When we knew it was moving to Calif for the summer I jumped on the phone, thinking how great it would be. Just a short drive from Palm Springs..and onto the ship! While I was on hold (1 and a half hours..the first day) my DW suggested we do the canal trip out here. Hadn't even really planned that.

Our DD begins kindergarten this year. I spoke with the school about missing two weeks next May and her teacher said GO for it! She thinks that it will be a great experience that she can share with others. So off we go!

May 28th should be fun..hopefully an exciting arrival of the Magic and a GREAT sailaway for the first ever west coast cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter