California residents I have a question for you!

K

kellymouse

We always go to Disneyland in the Summer, and this year I was thinking about stopping by another place too, like Universal, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World, etc. but I haven't been to these places in years. Where is the second best place to go besides Disneyland in the California area for two adults? Even if you haven't been, is there any place you hear really good things about that we should try? We will be traveling all over Southern California.
Thanks!

kellymouse said:
We always go to Disneyland in the Summer, and this year I was thinking about stopping by another place too, like Universal, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World, etc. but I haven't been to these places in years. Where is the second best place to go besides Disneyland in the California area for two adults? Even if you haven't been, is there any place you hear really good things about that we should try? We will be traveling all over Southern California.
Thanks!

Sea World is in San Diego area so if you are going down there that might be a good idea...however, if it were me I would go with US better and you can stop off in Hollywood and check out stars homes or whatnot...Knotts? imo :sad2:

I'll second the Sea World itea. My kids love it. We can spend a few days in San Diego at Sea World, the zoo just looking around at everything. The climate is wonderful - not to hot in the summer!

We also love visiting the beach (Zuma and/or Ventura) and camping but I don't think you are looknig for ideas like that. I say forget about Knotts, Universal etc. Go to San Diego.

Without kids? Go stay at the Hotel Del Coronado for a few nights. Take a boat out to Catalina. There's so much natural beauty in that area as well as theme parks!

If you decide to stay at the Hotel Del, make sure you get a room in the new towers, not the old building. The old building, although historical, has very small rooms and I would not pay that much for those tiny rooms. You would be much happier in the new towers, if they haven't all been converted into the time share thing yet.

We did the Zoo, WAP, legoland, and Seaworld last year and really enjoyed Seaworld the best. If you're interested in zoo-type animals more than marine life, Id recommend going to the Wild Animal Park and doing a photo carvan tour. It's the nearest thing to a safari-type experience without being in Africa. It's a little pricey though but well worth.

Sea World is great, but as others have posted, if it is just two adults, try a day or two at the beach: Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Coronado, Catalina are all great choices.

The wild animal park is fascinating (one of our favorite places to go), but in the summer it is just way too hot.

Also consider Balboa Park. They have an impressive collection of Museums including the Air & Space, Science & Technology (with IMAX), Natural History & Model Railroad museums. They are located next to the SD Zoo and provide a great destination after a morning at the Zoo to escape the afternoon heat.

AFMom said:
Without kids? Go stay at the Hotel Del Coronado for a few nights. Take a boat out to Catalina. There's so much natural beauty in that area as well as theme parks!

No Kids??!! I second this suggustion. This is a beautful hotel and area.

Been a Calif resident all my life and been to all of the attractions. If you love roller coasters and adventure rides Knott's Berry farm is close to Disneyland and has great rides. If you do decide to go to San Diego the Wild Animal Park is just as exciting if not moreso than the San Diego Zoo. We have had membership for years to both and we always have a much more enjoyabler time at the Animal Park. So my suggestion is that if you want to see closer to Anaheim area hit Knotts Berry Farm where you can go on new exciting rides and still feel the Old West Charm which is all around the park. If you decide to go South I would definitely do the Wild Animal Park. :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :grouphug:

San Diego is an incredible city, if you are visiting CA, you should definately spend as much time there as possible. Sea World and the San Diego Zoo are not to be missed. Downtown is great with the Gas Lamp Quarter for resteraunts and night life, and Sea Port Village or Horton Plaza for a typical touristy shopping experience. Balboa Park, next to the zoo has some great museums and attractions like the Ruben H. Fleet Space Theater (IMAX), the Museum of Man, and the Natural History Museum. Can you tell I like San Diego...and no, I don't work for the Tourism Board. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter