• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calismic's PJ Dec 11th 2008! Hair Trial!

calismic

DIS Veteran
So I have finally decided to break down and create a planning journal. I've asked so many questions over the past few weeks I thought I'd share with everyone my joyous adventure!

About Us

DF and I met in early September 2001. My cousin and I were sharing an apartment and she decided to have all of her co-workers over for dinner. The moment he walked through the door I was smitten. I tortured her for days after to invite him over again. She finally gave in and on our next meeting we immediately hit it off. We've pretty much been inseparable ever since.

The Proposal

After six years of dating, and recently purchasing a new home, I knew the proposal was coming. We had gone to the jewelers to look at rings and have my finger sized. We had a trip to Disney coming up and I not so subtly hinted that I would kill him if he didn't propose! The closer the trip to Disney, the more anxious I became. Going through the airport, I even attempted to get a glimpse of the xray machine in hopes of seeing a ring box. (I know I'm a little obsessive!) My stomach had been upset for weeks and getting engaged was pretty much the only thing I could think about. DF didn't help matters by torturing me about it every day. (He LOVES to press my buttons) By the time we got to the hotel I was an absolute mess.

After getting our room keys, getting settled, and unpacking our luggage, I managed to calm myself down a bit so we could go have fun in the parks. Thats when DF decided to throw me a curve ball and propose right then! I believe at that point I stopped breathing and nearly passed out. I was just a LITTLE excited. ;) He told my mom I turned purple! So on Feb. 10th, 2008 we were engaged at the POP Century Resort!

Disney Wedding

We knew before we were engaged that we wanted to have a Disney Wedding. I remember looking at the Pavilion on our first trip together in 2005 and thinking, "God it would be my dream to be married here." Well dreams do come true, because here I am planning the event! We were initially going to have an Escape Ceremony as our total guest count is only at 18. However, after discovering the room discounts for Wishes events, and seeing the flexibility I would have with choices, I just had to go with a Wishes.

Oh! Here is a picture of the lovely couple after enjoying a few beverages at a friends wedding!

pic.jpg

The Event

Now on to all the juicy details!

Ceremony - Disney's Wedding Pavilion
Reception - California Grill Napa Room
Hair & Makeup - Beaute Speciale
Photography - Randy Chapman
Colors - Black, White, and Burgundy

Since DF looooooooves to search my username on Google, I cannot post a picture of my dress. I am bound and determined not to let him see it until the wedding day! (Hi babe I know you're reading this!! :rolleyes1 )

Since our wedding is in December we have decided to go with a seasonal theme. We are using the Snowflake Cake with the Mickey and Minnie Bridal topper.

Snowflake.jpg

I have fallen in love with Black Magic Roses and have chosen the following bouquet,

bouquet2.jpg

I want to make some small changes such as adding a bit of glitter to the black magic roses and some swarovski crystals, but other than that its perfect!

My wedding party consists only of my MOH (my cousin who introduced us) and the best man, so that makes things much simpler! I am leaning towards this dress for my MOH, but we will get more definitive after we have the first fitting,

color_82268224_18033.jpg

So I think that covers all of the details I have so far. I'm new to any sort of PJ so I'm sure I'll be all over the place soon! We are staying at the Grand Floridian for 3 days prior to our wedding and the wedding night so I cannot WAIT for that! Thanks to the many suggestions from DIS Brides, we will be honeymooning at the Wilderness Lodge!

We're a little over 6 months away and I feel like time is moving WAY too fast! Theres 9 million details I've yet to sort out and DF is of no help! The only decision he wishes to be a part of is cake tasting. :rolleyes1 Speaking of which, our Planning Session is June 27th! I just finished going through Christina's pictures and it has me sooooo excited! We're taking DF's sister with us for an outside opinion.

the bouquet is beautiful.... I love the black magic roses too! Your cake is very wintery looking(very pretty for a dec. wedding):goodvibes can't wait to hear more of your plans...

Hey, welcome! Great color choices. I adore that bouquet; it's beautiful! And the cake is lovely too.

I can't wait to watch your plans unfold. How exciting!

Congrats! Can't wait to hear all about your plans!

I love your cake! And the colors you choose are great! Can't wait to hear more of your planning!

Yay!! Another December bride!! :yay:

I'm getting married December 12, 2008 at Sea Breeze Point!! I can't wait to read more of your plans! :goodvibes

AHH! So we leave for our Planning Session in 3 days!! I am so excited and so stressed at the same time. DF is completely oblivious and sees no reason why I'm going bonkers, but I'm so fearful that the 'vision' in my head is not going to play out the way I want it. Soooo heres what I'd like to see, and everyone here PLEASE feel free to provide feedback, as getting it from my family is like pulling teeth! :confused3

I have not chosen the gown for my made of honor yet because we cannot decide whether we want the color to be burgundy or a rich red. I know they sound nearly identical but they look a lot different in person. I am afraid the burgundy won't quite mesh with the black magic roses. So heres the dress I am considering in the two colors,

color_8226-8224_18034.jpg

color_82268224_18033.jpg

I personally prefer the red but DF prefers the burgundy, so I just need to convince him the red will look classic and elegant (Help me out here guys!! :laughing: )

Now onto ceremony decor. I am having a hard time with this. I know I want black magic rose petals to line the isle but outside of that I am clueless. (Can you tell I have a black magic rose obsession yet?) Again trying to go for classic and elegant but I really just don't even know where to start. Outside of the rose petals I do not want a lot of floral. Also should I have an isle runner, do I need an isle runner? I don't know!! The wedding pavilion is so huge and my guest count is so little, I don't want to decorate the whole place for 16-20 guests! Can you feel the frustration in my typing yet? ;)

Tables I would like a white linen cloth and white chair covers with a red or burgundy bow. The centerpieces I am looking for something similar to this,

large_image.jpg

Though I'd like 3 candle holders as opposed to just one. Since we have such a small number of guests we are undecided on whether we should have a dance 'floor' or not. We definitely want a first dance, but is an area assigned really necessary? We are in the Napa Room and certainly won't fill it out.

Now for the fun stuff, FOOD! Our cake tasting session will include the following,

Cakes - Yellow, Marble, Chocolate, and Red Velvet

Fillings - Butter Cream, Bavarian Cream, Amaretto Mousse, Baileys Mousse, Tropical Mousse, Raspberry Mousse, White Chocolate Mousse, and Dark Chocolate Mousse

Our Menu is what I am REALLY looking forward to.

-- Assortment of Flatbreads
-- Jumbo Lump Crab and fresh Florida Citrus Salad with Green Papaya Slaw and Tarragon Remoulade
-- Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Pesto, Shiitake Mushrooms and Basil
-- Market Inspired Sorbet
-- Main Lobster Tail and Oak-grilled Beef Tenderloin with mashed potatoes (There is a more detailed description of this but I don't have it available atm)

I'm not sure what all we get to taste but it all sounds delicious!

Now I must vent for a moment at M&M. For favors I have chosen these gorgeous miniature Cinderella crystal slippers and I wanted more than anything to fill them with personalized M&M's with my guests name on them to designate seating arrangments. While M&M has plenty of packages available for favors they will NOT print different lettering per bag, nor will they allow me to purchase each bag separately. I'd have no problems paying for each individual bag but I don't want 20 bags of each persons name. =( So now we are debating just putting "Lastname Wedding" on them instead.

Whew, ok guys thanks for letting me get all this out! Its nice have the PJ to type my ideas and whats on my mind. I cannot wait to leave on Friday!!! :banana: :banana:

Wohoo I leave in less than 24 hours! I've got my boarding passes printed and ready to go, and the camera charged and ready for tons of photos! I'm not quite sure how I'm going to sleep tonight I'm so excited!!

Everything looks good! I love the bouquet you choose. Very dramatic and classy.

Enjoy your PJ. It's really a great time! Being in Franck's is just a lot of fun!

Wohoo I leave in less than 24 hours! I've got my boarding passes printed and ready to go, and the camera charged and ready for tons of photos! I'm not quite sure how I'm going to sleep tonight I'm so excited!!

Take tons of pics! We can't wait to see! Have fun!

Ok, so we had a fabulous Planning Session which I still need to write trip report on. As I procrastinate on that, I will provide a few quick updates,

We went dress shopping for my MOH and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her dress!!!

color_F12672_26719.jpg

I stole this picture from someone's Ebay sale to show the detail

3150_1.JPG

We also got her a super cute purse that matches the dress. I am so happy we were able to decide on a color.

We have also decided to change our cake! Instead of going with the Snowflake Cake we have decided to go with a Mad Hatter and incorporate Snow Flakes on it. The cake we've chosen will look very similar to this,

cake1.jpg

So thats my sneak peak for the day, more details coming as soon as I get my pictures on the computer!

I swear I will update this soon, but I just had to post one tidbit of information. We received our initial BEO and came in much lower than we anticipated. My mom was so excited she decided to treat us to a Honeymoon Hotel Upgrade. We now get to spend our pre-wedding and Honeymoon at the Grand Floridian!!! We have a concierge room in the Sugarloaf Building. I am so excited I may start dancing in my chair at work. Our idea of fancy is splurging for the Caribbean instead of POP so this will be a huge change. I cannot wait!

Here is a picture of CJ and I making our best kissy face while on our planning session trip!

kissyface.jpg

He's gonna kill me for posting that ;)

Love the picture :goodvibes

I am a newly established Dec 08 bride! All of your choices look awesome so far. I think I am also going to go with a seasonal theme, but somehow incorporate a soft pink into the color scheme...we'll see how that goes.

I'm jealous of all that you've accomplished! Just kidding...I'm the silly fool who agreed to moving this quickly. Looking forward to following along with your plans! popcorn::

Good luck :santa:

:goodvibes I popped over to see if you had our invites posted from Shelley.

Congrats on getting the upgrade from mom for the GF. We stayed there 2 nights and it was beyond our expectations :cool1:

:goodvibes I popped over to see if you had our invites posted from Shelley.

Ooo good call, I'll have to take some pictures of the invites. I've got my planning journal on my to-do list this weekend so I really hope to have some new details up soon! =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter