Call ABD about your guides

grumpy-1

DVC member since 2/92
Just a note to anyone who has done an ABD tour and liked your guides....

Call ABD and tell them. We just finished the Viva Italia tour, and thought our guides were outstanding. I called ABD to tell them and they thanked me for taking a moment to recognize the guides. Apparently they read these boards at ABD, because they did say that many people return and say how great the guides were, but never bother to call ABD. Disney wants to know when their people are doing exceptional work. It also goes a long way to helping the persons recognized.

There's a fairly detailed questionnaire that comes about 2 weeks after return from an ABD trip. There's plenty of room to write in how much you like the guides. I would think that they read those?:confused3

There's a fairly detailed questionnaire that comes about 2 weeks after return from an ABD trip. There's plenty of room to write in how much you like the guides. I would think that they read those?:confused3

Thank you...It has not been 2 weeks yet, so I was not aware of that.

grumpy-1 did you get a questionnaire yet? I had a survey or something sent to me via email but when I clicked on the website link to fill it out I was denied access because time to respond had expired. I wasn't home to answer the survey in the allotted time frame since we were still traveling in Europe. Did you ever get one via snail mail?

grumpy-1 did you get a questionnaire yet? I had a survey or something sent to me via email but when I clicked on the website link to fill it out I was denied access because time to respond had expired. I wasn't home to answer the survey in the allotted time frame since we were still traveling in Europe. Did you ever get one via snail mail?

I have not gotten any kind of questionaire from ABD in any form, we are anxiously awaiting it.

We didn't get a questionaire yet either--and our trip was in late August.
In my view, it never hurts to call and put in a good word. The guides truly our outstanding, and they work very hard to make it seem effortless and enjoyable for the rest of us!

:) turtlemom

We just returned from our Viva Italia yesterday and I have been thinking the whole trip that when I got home I was going to write a letter explaining how wonderful our trip was, and that was in large part due to our wonderful guides. I would think a letter would be nice as they could copy it and put it in the guides personnel files.

I knew going into this trip that Disney provided unparalled quality and service, but I was blown away by how wonderful our guides were. I miss them already!

If Marco and Vincenzo are reading this- thank you for a trip of a lifetime you are THE BEST!!

I knew going into this trip that Disney provided unparalled quality and service, but I was blown away by how wonderful our guides were. I miss them already!

If Marco and Vincenzo are reading this- thank you for a trip of a lifetime you are THE BEST!!

PICT0081.jpg

Are these the guides you had? Vinnie (Vincenzo) and Mandrake (Marco)?

They were singing the Italian National anthem for us :goodvibes on one of the bus rides in Florence. Was Reno your bus driver? I could have literally kissed him after that first ride up to the Villa in Tuscany...he got us there in one piece. :goodvibes

Redzinner-

We had Vincenzo, but our other guide was Marco from Ancona, Italy. It was their first time working together, but you would never know it. They were fabulous together! Didn't you want to just pack Vincenzo in your suitcase and bring him home?!

Our bus driver was Marius, they called him the king of the bus, and he was amazing going up those winding hills to the villa! Marco dubbed our bus rides the Tuscan Tower of Terror bus ride! :)

Redzinner-

We had Vincenzo, but our other guide was Marco from Ancona, Italy. It was their first time working together, but you would never know it. They were fabulous together! Didn't you want to just pack Vincenzo in your suitcase and bring him home?!

Our bus driver was Marius, they called him the king of the bus, and he was amazing going up those winding hills to the villa! Marco dubbed our bus rides the Tuscan Tower of Terror bus ride! :)

Yes, I wanted to take both of them home but DH said no. :confused: :confused3 ;) Vinnie is so sweet and caring.
So your Marco was different from our Marco "Mandrake" from Rome. I thought Mandrake had told us he was going to London (not ABD) after our tour that's why I was a little confused when you said you had a Marco for a guide.
It's been almost 2 weeks now and I still miss the group dynamics and definitely the 'boys'.

I have not gotten any kind of questionaire from ABD in any form, we are anxiously awaiting it.

Ours came by email about 10 days after the trip. Be sure you are checking the email address that you used when making your reservation. That is where it will come. You only get about two weeks to fill it out. Then it expires. But I am sure that you can call and ask to have another sent out.

Yes, they send it by email....we had a form with our package of stuff they send you before your trip. You are supposed to fill out the form with your email address and either mail, fax or email a copy to them with your information so they can send out the survey after your trip. We don't go on our trip until next Saturday, so we'll see how long it takes to get the survey after that.

We just returned from our Viva Italia yesterday and I have been thinking the whole trip that when I got home I was going to write a letter explaining how wonderful our trip was, and that was in large part due to our wonderful guides. I would think a letter would be nice as they could copy it and put it in the guides personnel files.

I was on the same Viva Italia tour with Kris and I totally agree. Marco and Vincenzo were the best and took such great care of us. I miss them too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter