• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all adults! Trip without my kids!

MarylandMommy

Mouseketeer
Hello All!
I did post this on the Disney Restaurant board, but let's face it, DVCers have impeccable taste. So I would specifically like to as your opinions as well.

I am planning a unexpected trip with my friend, we both turn 40 this year. I never thought I'd ever be a Disney without my kids, but it looks like we are going! Please give me some dinning suggestions! I have done Chef Mickeys and the Crystal Palace and now want to go to a sit down restaurant without looking to see if they have mac and cheese on the menu. We will be on the dinning plan and would like to limit our dinners to 1 TS credits, but if something was really, really good, let me know! I've tried California Grill and the Brown Derby and though I thought they were very good, not worth 2 of my TS credits. We like lots of different foods, and would be interested in all different types of restaurants, so don't hold back!
Thanks!

Kona Cafe!
The Plaza Restaurant (food isn't GREAT, but it's a nice respite tucked away and lot of folks forget it's there)
Wolfgang Puck's in DTD

Have a great time! I went with my sister in January, and I'm going with a whole group of adult only women in May. I find the solo and adult only trips to be just as much, if not MORE fun, than the ones with my kids!

Teppanyaki dinning rooms is our favorite 1 TS credit. I think it's closed for rehab now though. Le Cellier is good too. We actually prefer the 2 credit places, and our very fav of those is Jiko! Very unusual and tasty food and well presented. We like Artist Point too.

How about Raglan Road at PI. Since it will be only adults you could get an ADR for later in the evening and see the entertainment. They have an Irish dancer and music. Plus the food is great. It's a must do for us now.

Have a great time!:wizard:

Here's another vote for Le Cellier. If you or your friend like mussels you will not be disappointed.

Teppanyaki,Wolfgang Pucks, Captain Jacks(DTD) Ragland Roads(not sure on spelling in DTD) and the Yachtsman Steakhouse but I think that may be 2 credits.

While Le Cellier Steakhouse is one of my favorites, a good dining place that has topped it is L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristornate in Epcot's Italy showcase. If you like chinese food, I also suggest Nine Dragons Restaurant.

Do you know which parks you will be visiting?

While Le Cellier Steakhouse is one of my favorites, a good dining place that has topped it is L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristornate in Epcot's Italy showcase. If you like chinese food, I also suggest Nine Dragons Restaurant.

Do you know which parks you will be visiting?

L'Originale Alfredo di Roma didn't renew their contract with Disney....no longer available after August 31, 2007.

Yachtsmen Steakhouse (mentioned in another post is 2 TS)

1 TS choice:

LeCellier
Boma (buffet, but variety is good)
Kona or O'Hana
Concourse Steakhouse (can be noisy)
San Angel
Marakesh
Captn Jacks

2 TS choice:
Jiko
Yachtsman
California Grill
Brown Derby

Spoodles on the Boardwalk, I had a CM tell me about it. We love it. The tables are not right on top of each other. I really can not stand that!

Thanks for all your suggestions! It really helps, since we are trying places I've never tried before!
Thanks,
again!

O'hana's at the Polynesian is our new favorite. My hubby and I took a trip just the two of us and "discovered" this place. We sat right by the windows and had a perfect few of the MK fireworks. It was truly wonderful. There is family entertainment but later in the evening it is less frequent and you can sit further away from it.

In addition to my other suggestions, we have some favorites for the counter service credits as well. We LOVE Starring Rolls at MGM for lunch or breakfast. They have some very tasty piled high sandwiches and bagle and smoked salmon at lunch time that are not only tasty and special, but VERY filling. And using a counter service credit, you get one of their marvelous desserts too!

In addition to my other suggestions, we have some favorites for the counter service credits as well. We LOVE Starring Rolls at MGM for lunch or breakfast. They have some very tasty piled high sandwiches and bagle and smoked salmon at lunch time that are not only tasty and special, but VERY filling. And using a counter service credit, you get one of their marvelous desserts too!
Dianeschlicht, you are brilliant! I never even thought of all the great counter service meals I've been missing. I never even looked at Starring Rolls for "real food". What a find! Thank you very much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter