Cam & Howard's Vow Renewal PJ -1/12/09 - WP&WH--p.98: TRIP REPORT BEGINS

I love the mickey medal, its sooo cute!! Do you get one just for finishing? Congrats on losing 70lbs... thats better than the medal!

I love the mickey medal, its sooo cute!! Do you get one just for finishing? Congrats on losing 70lbs... thats better than the medal!

Thanks, Kristen! Yes, if you can finish 26.2 miles in the required time limit, you get a medal! The very same medal as the fourth place finisher! :rotfl2:

I had Joe too! Isn't he awesome! I am really having fun planning my DFTW -VR - I am glad we can share our VR ideas together!

Lisa -- I LOVE your PJ. I have read all of it and, as I posted there, I love your dress! It is so perfect on you! I wish I had your figure and gorgeous arms to pull off something like that! :sunny:

cam,

what a great story! i admire you for perservering and changing your life for the better! my goal is to run a marathon, it was actually my goal in 2006, but i too ended up having surgery twice that year...i have to tell you, the picture of the medal with your "main mouse" is strikingly inspiring for me...

also, i am so happy that you're going to have your "dream wedding" at disney and i think it's so sweet that you'll do it during marathon weekend so EVERYONE can be around! that's great! i can't wait to see pics of the dresses that you'll try on!!! are your kids going to be involved in your ceremony?

can't wait to read more!!!

Thanks, Caryn!
Yes, DD will be 20 by then and will be my MoH and DS will be 15 and will be Howard's BM. My best friend in the world is Jason, with whom I've been friends since I was born ( ;) Our parents were best friends and even though they lost touch somewhere along the line, Jason & I were old enough at that point to nurture and appreciate a friendship.) I've already asked Jason to walk me down the aisle and he was very sentimental about it and said he won't miss it for the world. :goodvibes

I am the the DH and perhaps the most blessed man in the world. Thank you for posting and listening to our story. Have fun and good luck to all of you! :goodvibes

Howard

I am the the DH and perhaps the most blessed man in the world. Thank you for posting and listening to our story. Have fun and good luck to all of you! :goodvibes

Howard

Howard it's a great story and so glad I found the PJ. You're a real wonderful hubby.

Laura :flower3:

Hi, everyone! Isn't he wonderful?

Well, we are planning a Christmas trip to Disney's Hilton Head resort and I think once we get back, I will really start focusing on a list of questions for when we meet with Joe on January 15.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share what our "vision" is for things right now.

Date: January 12, 2009 (the Monday after marathon weekend)
MK portrait session in the early a.m.
VR at WP at 10:00 am w/organ for music
Reception at GF? Undecided but possibly a buffet; DJ

WISHes dessert party Sunday night at a GF location. I think there might be a location at the Contemporary, too, but I have to look into that.

Attendants--
DD Jenn (will be 20) as Maid of Honor
DS Andrew (will be 15) as Best Man

Colors: to be decided
Photographer: Randy Chapman

Unsure about anything else yet. Someone on here posted the most exquisite invitation and I have to go back and find it. It had a photograph of the castle (muted) with a vellum overlay with the invitation wording on it. Since I want to do a cardsandpockets or mountaincow type folder invitation, I'd love to figure out a way to do the castle picture/vellum overlay in such a way that it could be pulled out and the castle picture saved. I have to give that some thought.

We are doing it at the GF Marina Patio - they will be piping the music in. I didn't know they had a location at the Contemporary - where is it?

We are doing it at the GF Marina Patio - they will be piping the music in. I didn't know they had a location at the Contemporary - where is it?

Lisa -- someone told me there is a restaurant in the Contemporary where there is a lounge next to it where you can watch WISHES. I had never heard this before.

Lisa -- someone told me there is a restaurant in the Contemporary where there is a lounge next to it where you can watch WISHES. I had never heard this before.

I believe, correct me if I am wrong, it's the California Grill at the Comteporary Resort where you can watch Wishes.

Cam - everything sounds great so far. When you get a picture of the invites please post them. I would love to see them. Also I searched for disney invites online, let me see if I can remember the name. I guess you can search disney wedding invitations and get ones that way.

Laura :flower3:

Thanks, Laura. I really have to remember whose planning journal I saw those invitations in. They were exquisite and I smile every time I think of them.

I believe, correct me if I am wrong, it's the California Grill at the Comteporary Resort where you can watch Wishes.

There are two private dining room next to the Cali Grill. Sonoma Room overlooks Bay Lake. The Napa Room has a MK view of the castle. You can see Wishes from there or step out onto the catwalk that is shared with the restaurant. We are hosting my son's Bar Mitzvah dinner in the Napa Room in March.

danielle

Oh,Danielle, that sounds wonderful! Thanks for the information. I will definitely ask Joe about those locations, but I'm thinking the location at GF beach is probably quieter and maybe more private. We will definitely check out the location when we are down there in 4 weeks !!!! :woohoo:

Hi Cam!

The Napa Room was one of the locations I was thinking about having my reception in. One of the reasons why I loved the Napa Room so much is because of the beautiful view of MK. We ended up going with LSS because we got engaged in Epcot, but the Napa Room would've definitely been my next choice. Anyway, I'm sure whatever you choose will be beautiful.

We also almost chose the Napa Room for our reception! I have a few pictures of it..
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

wedloccgn1.jpg

As previously stated, it's a private room so only your party would be in there, obviously, so it'd be really private. (I know, great word choice - it's late! :lmao: ) Also, one of the reasons we decided not to use this location is because you have to utilize the California Grill's menu, you can't make your own like at the other reception locations. It is beautiful though! Hope that helps!

We also almost chose the Napa Room for our reception! I have a few pictures of it..
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

wedloccgn1.jpg

As previously stated, it's a private room so only your party would be in there, obviously, so it'd be really private. (I know, great word choice - it's late! :lmao: ) Also, one of the reasons we decided not to use this location is because you have to utilize the California Grill's menu, you can't make your own like at the other reception locations. It is beautiful though! Hope that helps!

Aww Shanna! Those are great pictures of the Napa Room. I wish I could have 2 receptions because I really love that location also. It was a really hard decision to make :guilty:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter